• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eiki Shiki's God Status + Soul Manip for Everyone (Touhou)

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Eiki is a former Jizou statue. Most Yama were. According to Oriental Sacred Place Chapter 6, this means that she was a Jizou statue that became a god from sheer faith. This is consistent with her being called a god in PoFV. Thus, Eiki should get the standard abilities for gods in Touhou.

As a side note, Komachi was called a Youkai, also in PoFV. Thus, she would get Low-Godly and Resistance to Mind Manipulation as usual.

Now for the second part of this thread.

In both PoFV and Hisoutensoku, we have Phantoms enemies/obstacles, which are basically living souls and are non-corporeal. In both of those, all the protagonists are able to damage said phantoms. This would give anyone playable in those games the ability to hit ghosts/Soul manip.

These protagonists being Mystia, Tewi Inaba, Medicine, Yuuka, the Primsrivers Sisters, Alice, Patchouli, Remilia, Yukari, Suika, Iku, Tenshi, Meiling, Utsuho, Suwako, and Kanako.

I think these are reasonable propositions. PoFV's profile for Komachi states:

A youkai that provides passage for the river between Gensokyo and the other side. She has the ability to manipulate distance.

Statue Eiki~

Hmm, yeah, it all seems fine to me! Thanks to Flourine for the source to the Komachi statement, so I didn't have to search myself. And... sure to the hitting ghosts, makes sense!

Sounds good.

If the categories aren't alphabetized everything will end.

Did. And I've made sure to makes the categories Alphabetical.

For the abilities themselves in the P&A section, however, you're on your own there Prom. I still haven't figured out your pattern.

I knew that many of the characters can deal with the Phantoms in the game but I never really thought about it untill just now. It's not just PoFV either but also PCB and TD if I'm correct, some of the games have phantoms as enemys to deal with so it does make sense.

I want to support this mostly because the idea of infinitly cloning Eikis would make NOBODY in Gensokyo safe from her lectures.

And finally, Meiling and best God Kanako get some new buffs~, now can we get High 4-C Meiling plz?

To be honest, Hong Meiling (A 6-C) being of any use at all as a guard to several 4-Cs seems very silly to me.

Her only downsides being that given the nature of the series, Meiling is mostly a buttmonkey given she prefers fighting up close and the fact she has fairies backing her up in a spell card likely doesn' help since iirc, its said they're often laughing at her. However, given the SDM is weird enough with how they interact, we get moments in the fighters like Patche stating Remi can't beat her unless its a sneak attack (given she controls water, its no surprise since Remi couldn't return home due to the rain and it was to keep Flan inside) and Meiling has a quote where if she beats Sakuya, this occurs

I'm always just going easy, you see?
I won't go easy on you in an official duel.

I don't have the game anymore so I couldn't screenshot it

Meiling was stated to be a power source for the giant catfish. The catfish shook earth just by moving. It was said he did. Meiling, after having her energy drained, defeated the catfish. It is stated by multiple characters in Touhou 15.5 that the dream versions of everyone are just as strong as the original. Knowing this, Meiling should have the same tier as the catfish.

^ Shaking the Earth is like, 6-C, ironically enough.

Also, not only the whole dream thing wasn't set in stone yet back in Soku, but a major point with the Dream World is that anything can happen. If we go that route that we can scale everything that happens in a dream to the real world character, we're going to get way too much wank potential.

Back