• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Revisions, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am copy-pasting this for a friend @FujiwaraYesMokou as otherwise this CRT could not be posted. I didn't write anything beneath this point myself:

No topic ban in the universe is gonna stop me from posting more bullshit!

Kasen

Resistance to Sealing
and Natural Weaponry, since her arm can only be sealed by a special katana and Reimu's Fantasy Seal, which was intended to seal her, did almost nothing. Natural weaponry comes from her implied fight with Reimu before they went to Avici, where she left deep claw marks all over the Hakurei Shrine.

Reimu
Astral Projection
from being able to act independently even when her soul is separated from her body.

We should change her concept manip justification since downscaling from Yukari via gap creation is a bit weird and non-specific. A better example is her gathering the boundaries between seasons in her second fight with Okina, who also points out that Reimu’s boundary manipulation is nearly identical to Yukari’s. It’s a more direct comparison than just “these two characters have abilities that look similar so they must function the same”, though the gap stuff is decent supporting evidence.

Remilia

Resistance to Fire Manipulation
from claiming that not even the fires of Hell could burn her.

Youmu

Ice Manipulation
since her phantom half shouldn't be any different from a regular phantom, which is so cold that even touching it can cause frostbite.

Yukari & Akyuu
Give Yukari Resistance to Causality Manipulation back (she used to have it back in like 2018); she was unaffected by Keine’s attempts to hide the human village by removing it from history, something that is quite explicitly considered causality manip on her page. I don’t know why this was ever removed to begin with, to be honest.

Akyuu should get this resistance as well, since she states that the history of the Gensokyo Chronicle and thus her own history is above what Keine can affect with her history manipulation. Additionally, her ability should be considered Photographic Memory.

Also, give Yukari Quantum Manipulation, since she's the creator of Gensokyo, is stated to be able to destroy it whenever she wants, and can freely manipulate its barrier. Gensokyo is stated to be a quantum world by Maribel, and is also stated to be a 'world within quantum gaps’.

Finally, Yukari should also get Power Nullification from dispelling Reimu’s illusion in SSiB.

Ability Cards

Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, and Clairvoyance
from Youmu's card granting you half of Youmu's phantom half and from Nazrin's card granting you her ability. Applies to Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, and Sakuya's optional equipment tabs.

Flandre

Should get a pretty big buff to her ability to destroy anything. In 17.5, she completely obliterates Yuuma and everything she's absorbed, to the point where it looks like nothing remains. This is important, since this would've extended to her soul, since phantoms are souls and phantoms are pretty consistently shown to be visible. The fact that not even a phantom remained is pretty clear evidence that Flan's ability is just Existence Erasure on a spiritual level. Yuuma would also have mid-godly regen due to coming back from this, but she doesn't have a profile yet.

Another thing to note is range; she destroyed Yuuma's stomach, which is stated to be infinite, and claimed she would destroy the infinite water supply of the Sanzu River, so both of these would qualify as H3-A range with hax.

17.5 Cast

Reimu, Marisa, Kanako, Murasa, Joon, Shion, and Flandre should get Water Manipulation, Absorption, and Healing, since the central mechanic of 17.5 is absorbing water to heal yourself and power your spell cards. The video itself doesn’t really make it apparent but the mechanics are explained more in depth in the video description.

Still More Resistances

I know I already covered some resistances above, but this is for stuff that applies to a big chunk of the cast. I'm not gonna explain literally every character's appearance on the lists below because that'd take an eternity and we gotta get to those tier 1 revisions eventually.

Two things first, though. I’m not giving resistances for fighting game characters unless the resistance comes from a story mode, otherwise we’d get an overly inflated number of resistances. Secondly, I am 100% positive I missed some characters due to how hard it is to look through every bit of canon material to determine who’s been where and who’s fought who. If you see anyone who’s missing from a list, please say so, and keep these resistances in mind for future reference should we find another character who would qualify.

Anyone who's canonically fought or interacted with phantoms should get Resistance to Empathic and Mind Manipulation, since phantoms passively affect the minds and emotions of anyone near them, and the characters listed below have no indication that they were ever affected. For the record, I'm not including vengeful spirits, ghosts, poltergeists, or dream souls, since I can't confidently say they're similar enough to phantoms to have the same physiology. I'm also only going by characters who were visibly near phantoms at some point, otherwise I'd have to make a ton of assumptions. The list of characters this applies to is as follows:

Reimu, Marisa, Rumia, Patchouli, Sakuya, Remilia, Alice, Youmu, Yuyuko, Yukari, Suika, Komachi, Tenshi, Letty, Chen, Ran, Suika, Wriggle, Mystia, Keine, Tewi, Reisen, Mokou, Aki, Eiki, Shizuha, Nitori, Hina, Aya, Orin, Utsuho, Hatate, Kogasa, Luna Child, Sunny Milk, Star Sapphire, Byakuren, Nazrin, Nue, Ichirin, Shou, Joon, Shion, and Kanako.

Then we have Doremy's dream souls, which can instantly put a person to sleep and send their soul to the Dream World. Since characters get hit by her dream souls repeatedly in Doremy's AoCF story route and are fine, they should get Resistance to Sleep Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, and BFR. The list of characters this applies to is as follows:

Reimu, Marisa, Byakuren, Ichirin, Miko, Futo, and Mokou.

Reimu was affected by a dream soul in WaHH, but keep in mind that the chapter of WaHH where this happened was released 2 years prior to AoCF (2015 vs 2017), so it's likely that she developed a resistance over time.

We also have Tenshi attempting to absorb temperament in the form of mist from all across Gensokyo and the Otherworlds in SWR. According to Komachi, temperament is phantoms, and in PMiSS we’re told that phantoms are souls, so Tenshi was absorbing souls in this case (as further demonstrated by phantoms disappearing from the Netherworld). In case you need more evidence to prove these are souls being absorbed, Tenshi also calls it ‘the essence of all living things’. The protagonists, while affected, are still able to fight normally and shrug off the effects for a long time, so they should all have Resistance to Soul Absorption. But it doesn’t stop there. Youmu’s statement makes it clear that this was affecting all living things, not just the SWR cast. Since obviously nobody died or had their souls permanently affected as a result of this, this means literally ******* everyone should have resistance to soul absorption. There are a few exceptions however, such as those that did not exist at the time or were not in Gensokyo, who I’ll list below.

Tenshi (doesn’t count since she was the one doing the absorbing), Benben, Yatsuhashi, Raiko, Sumireko, Aunn, Narumi, Maribel, Renko.

Jesus. Should the universal resistance not go through it should at least still apply to the SWR cast, minus Tenshi.

Next is Hell and Former Hell. In WaHH, it's explained that as a soul travels deeper underground, they'll begin to be purified and ultimately crystalize. Considering Hell is about as deep as you can get, it should be more than deep enough for souls to begin to crystalize (or already be crystalized), so everyone who's visited Hell should get Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Transmutation, and Purification (Type 2) (not Junko's brand of purification, sadly). Additionally, Kasen states that the air in Former Hell is more toxic than the air at a geyser that was emitting poisonous gas, so everyone who's been there should get Resistance to Poison Manipulation (only applies to Former Hell, not any other hell). The list of everyone who's been to Hell or Former Hell is as follows:

Former Hell: Reimu, Marisa, Aya, Sanae, Kanako, Parsee, Yuugi, Suika, Satori, Orin, Okuu, Koishi, Hatate, Ichirin, Murasa, Byakuren, Miko, Shinmyoumaru, Sumireko, Joon, Shion, and Kasen.

Hell: Everyone in the Former Hell list, plus Youmu, Komachi, Eiki, Tenshi, Hecatia, Clownpiece, and Suiki.

Additionally, Reimu, Marisa, Orin, and Utsuho should get Resistance to Extreme Heat. Shouldn't be hard to explain, they all fight while right next to a giant lava lake. Sanae and Cirno also get this since they fight Utsuho inside the reactor core in their Hisoutensoku routes, and both mention how overwhelming the heat is, though they fight Utsuho without issue. Finally, Murasa, Joon, Shion, and Flandre also get this due to fighting Utsuho in 17.5, while surrounded on both sides by flames.

Next is the Forest of Magic, which is both stated to change the nature of anything that lives there, the air there is filled with poisonous spores that worsen the health of anyone there, and there are mushrooms that can cause hallucinations just by being near them. Now, the first statement is a bit vague, but since the example given is of a regular jizo statue turning into a magician (Narumi), it seems more like transformation than anything else. You could argue Narumi doesn't resist it because she was obviously transformed, but the way I see it is that she didn't have any innate resistances as a jizo statue since she was just an inanimate object, but now that she's alive she does have her own resistances. The resistances for characters who've gone to the Forest of Magic are Resistance to Transformation, Poison Manipulation, and Perception Manipulation. The list of everyone who's been to the Forest of Magic is as follows:

Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Cirno, Sakuya, Remilia, Youmu, Yuyuko, Yukari, Aya, Komachi, Satori, Sumireko, Narumi, Mai, Satono, Rinnosuke, Mamizou, Aki, Eternity, Star Sapphire, Luna Child, and Sunny Milk.

Finally, we have the Netherworld, which Yuyuko says being there is equal to being dead. Considering numerous characters have visited the Netherworld and are obviously still alive, they should all get Resistance to Death Manipulation. This obviously doesn’t apply to anyone who is already dead (like Yuyuko).

Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, Youki, Saigyou Ayakashi, Yukari, Alice, Patchouli, Remilia, Aya, Sanae, Seija, Chen, Ran, Satori, Orin, Reisen, Komachi, and Iku.

The Netherworld and Heaven

Finally, a re-upgrade for the cosmology: not too long ago, the idea that the Netherworld and Heaven are infinite was rejected because Akyuu's statement comparing the Netherworld to Hell was seen as inaccurate or just a rumor. However, this is no longer the case, since in the references section of PMiSS, it's made very clear that Akyuu got her information on the afterlives from The Ministry of Right and Wrong, which oversees the afterlives, so considering this information came from them, we can now confidently say that "the Netherworld is larger than Hell'' is an accurate statement.

What does this change? Well, it gives us a more concrete understanding of the cosmology, but more importantly, Tenshi shaking the Heavens and threatening to destroy all of it, which was originally placed at 4-A/3-B, is now H3-A, some very important evidence for Touhou keeping its current ratings. It also further strengthens the argument for Doremy’s universal dream creation, since she can clearly recreate the Netherworld.

Last edited:
Dang I wanted to post this

I went through everything above, and while there's a few things I might want to look into myself in the future, I pretty much agree with the things listed above.

Remilia is always boasting because she's really strong. We should add resistance to fire manipulation.

Keine used history manipulation on the whole village and none of the protagonists (Or other members of the cast) were affected. Several of the characters' lives would have been drastically altered, or maybe erased, if that weren't so. Keine also has a spell card which alters the past and present simultaneously too.

Pretty much every other resistance should be applied across almost the whole cast as they mostly share the same physiology.

Everyone should get Quantum Manipulation too, not just Yukari, because Yokai are stated to be quantum fluctuations.

Over all I agree though.

Pee pee poo poo.
Should be listed as a limited resistance, since only her arm can't be sealed away. Natural weaponry is fine.
Fine.
Disagree because of reasons everyone else brought up.
Fine.
Yukari & Akyuu
Neutral on quantum manipulation. It should be noted that she can only nullify illusions. Everything else looks good.
Fighting gaym cards
Fine.
17.5 Cast
You already know.
Neutral on the erasure stuff. Range's fine.
Phantom resistances
Shouldn't they also have resistance to ice manipulation because of the frostbite thing? Otherwise fine.
Dream souls shenanigans
Fine.
Tenshi stuff
Nnnnneutral.
Hell shenanigans
Fine.
The Netherworld and Heaven
Fine.

Alrighty, here's what Mokou had to say in response, so the stuff below aren't my thoughts:

Should be listed as a limited resistance, since only her arm can't be sealed away.
"limited resistance is fine, i never really know when its appropriate to say something is 'limited' :v"
Neutral on quantum manipulation. It should be noted that she can only nullify illusions.
"just because we only see one instance of yukari's power null doesnt mean it's limited to the single thing she nullified. we cant say its limited unless something states or implies that, and using an ability a single time doesn't count imo"
Shouldn't they also have resistance to ice manipulation because of the frostbite thing?
"ice resistance should only be for characters who've physically touched phantoms for an extended period of time. it's like a stove; you wont get hurt if you touch it for only half a second, which would apply to characters in the fighting games"

Anyone who's canonically fought or interacted with phantoms should get Resistance to Empathic and Mind Manipulation, since phantoms passively affect the minds and emotions of anyone near them, and the characters listed below have no indication that they were ever affected. For the record, I'm not including vengeful spirits, ghosts, poltergeists, or dream souls, since I can't confidently say they're similar enough to phantoms to have the same physiology. I'm also only going by characters who were visibly near phantoms at some point, otherwise I'd have to make a ton of assumptions. The list of characters this applies to is as follows:
Doesn't this only activate when there are many phantoms around?
Reimu was affected by a dream soul in WaHH, but keep in mind that the chapter of WaHH where this happened was released 2 years prior to AoCF (2015 vs 2017), so it's likely that she developed a resistance over time
Sounds like Reactive Evolution.

The rest should be fine.

Posting Mokou's response again because I'm a messenger boy I guess

Doesn't this only activate when there are many phantoms around?
"there's nothing implying that it requires multiple phantoms to trigger the mind/empathic manipulation, it just seems like the effect is amplified if there are more than one"

Sounds like Reactive Evolution.
"reimu's thing took place over 2 years and we dont know how or why she resists dream souls now, so reactive evolution doesnt seem fitting"

For the record I agree that reactive evolution doesn't seem appropriate here.

Next is Hell and Former Hell. In WaHH, it's explained that as a soul travels deeper underground, they'll begin to be purified and ultimately crystalize. Considering Hell is about as deep as you can get, it should be more than deep enough for souls to begin to crystalize (or already be crystalized), so everyone who's visited Hell should get Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Transmutation, and Purification (Type 2) (not Junko's brand of purification, sadly).
Isn't Orin talking about souls from dead bodies that got buried underground? And its only work like that if the body is buried under a cherry tree..

I Agree with the rest.

Btw am i allow to add more abilities into this revision? Or do i have to make a new CRT? This is my first time on the wiki.

Isn't Orin talking about souls from dead bodies that got buried underground? And its only work like that if the body is buried under a cherry tree..

I Agree with the rest.

Btw am i allow to add more abilities into this revision? Or do i have to make a new CRT? This is my first time on the wiki.
It's preferable to create a new CRT.

Unfortunately... I haven't seen much debating on anything else, most people seem to agree with most of the revisions?

Everything agree(especially yukari resist keine causality manip)
Except for remilia(like promenstein said she like to boast) and resistance to death manipulation via being in netherworld(yuyuko probably just saying that the only thing who goes to netherworld its just the dead,human and youkai that still alive usually will not go there)

I want to make a few changes to the original post, and Fujiwara Yes Mokou agrees on them as well, these changes are:

Removal of Yukari's Quantum Manipulation from the OP, we've found evidence to suggest otherwise, and that evidence will be presented in a future CRT down the line. I'm going to cross out the Quantum Manip from the OP for the time being.

The other amendment is adding Suika to the Hell Resistances list, for frankly obvious reasons, she should've been there in the first place, it just slipped our minds lol.

Now that those two revisions have been made, it seems that outside of Remilia's Fire Resistance, everyone agrees to all the other ability additions and tier upgrades to certain feats due to cosmology revisions, correct? Could we get an admin to look over everything so we can apply these revisions soon, please?

Alright, I'm back from Hell, time to revive this thread.

Agree with the additions Kirb has made, obviously.

Keine used history manipulation on the whole village and none of the protagonists (Or other members of the cast) were affected. Several of the characters' lives would have been drastically altered, or maybe erased, if that weren't so. Keine also has a spell card which alters the past and present simultaneously too.

Pretty much every other resistance should be applied across almost the whole cast as they mostly share the same physiology.
The causality stuff is a good point, as youkai rely on the fear of humans in the human village, so erasing it from history would naturally erase all youkai as well. Except that obviously didn't happen, so... type 1 acausality for all youkai? Good chance this applies to Reimu and Marisa as well, since they would also logically rely on the human village.

Disagree with the second point since we don't know if it's a character's physiology specifically that allows them to resist these effects.

Not really. Nothing in the text implies that being buried under a cherry tree is what causes it. Orin's line seems to point more towards the idea that traveling deeper underground is what causes the purification to take place.

Except for remilia(like promenstein said she like to boast) and resistance to death manipulation via being in netherworld(yuyuko probably just saying that the only thing who goes to netherworld its just the dead,human and youkai that still alive usually will not go there)
I feel like it'd be pretty stupid for Yuyuko to say that in the sense of "only things that are already dead go here" when 1. her only servant is alive 2. Yukari regularly visits her and is obviously alive, and 3. she is aware of a living human family that existed there before her. She deals with living beings in the Netherworld all the time.

Not really. Nothing in the text implies that being buried under a cherry tree is what causes it. Orin's line seems to point more towards the idea that traveling deeper underground is what causes the purification to take place.
Orin is saying if the body gets burried under a cherry tree, the soul will go deeper underground and it will turn into a crystal, She's talking about the process of someone dying under a cherry tree.
unknown.png

I mean, yes, I'm not arguing against that. It's just that nowhere in the text does it say that the cherry trees are why that process occurs. It's just "souls go underground and they get purified and crystalized", with no real requirements for that sequence of events to occur.

I mean, yes, I'm not arguing against that. It's just that nowhere in the text does it say that the cherry trees are why that process occurs. It's just "souls go underground and they get purified and crystalized", with no real requirements for that sequence of events to occur.
The requirements are you have to be dead for that to happen. Like Orin is talking about corspses here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back