• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edward's Speed

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Ok, I'm not going to call myself an expert of this verse

But, in the blog with Twilight's calc, the 90% of the results are Subsonic. And only two feats exceeds this: The first feat that use an time with Unknown source, and one of the last ones with an random assumptions and Hypersonic results.

So, the last one is clearly and outlier, but the first: it somebody could tell me about the timeframe, I think I could understand, but even so, isn't that feat stands out a little bit over the much bigger amount of Subsonic feats?

One feat that's well above others doesn't make it an outlier. It needs to be contradicted to be considered an outlier (Like, say, it was stated that Edward couldn't go faster than sound or something).

To some extent, yeah

Also, he is very consistent on the Subsonic range, jumping to Hypersonic for one feat with weird assumptions doesn't seems correct for me. About the Supersonic one, is not all out of consistency maybe, but the timeframe has no justification. And I think that Subsonic fix him better.

In that case, Subsonic does seem more reasonable, but your definition of an "outlier" is very broad. As I said, one feat far above others isn't an outlier unless it's firmly contradicted (And no, stronger/faster characters having worse feats isn't one, unless we're gonna say Universal Goku + Rest of DBS is an outlier).

That's a different case

At least they state that SSG is an extremely powerful transformation

But if a character/s have consistent in one regard, and then out of nowhere they have a really big result (I.e: The reason of Overwatch speed downgrade, because of Hypersonic consistent compared to Mach 90)

But, now: Are you ok with the downgrade for Edward?

I read it and I'm seeing several potential supersonic sources. Thats why I asked you to check them out. The hypersonic I believe is an outlier bit so it leaves me I'm confused on why it isnt consistent.

Either way I dont lovr Twilight so Im not gonna defend mach 1 vampires to that extent but I just had to say the above.

There's only one Supersonic feat versus 4/5 subsonic ones

And the Supersonic one has a random timeframe

Two actually but the first one seems arguable on its likelihood. And thought you were referring to another blog on Twilightvthere. Just realized. Then again was late so might be the case. My b on that. But hey like I said I'm not gonna defend it to that extent. Although I did see verses with at least one or two high end feats and gets their buff from that.

@Aiden

Again, just because there's one feat far above others doesn't mean it's automatically inconsistent. It has to be contradicted to be rendered an outlier. Like if a character has a MHS feat but consistently can't dodge bullets, or has a FTL feat but can't dodge lightning.

The first feat assume that Edward moved faster than an human can react, we have human reactions at 0.1

So the feat would result in Subsonic too. So, the Hypersonic feat in not only an outlier but have several assumptions and the first is now Subsonic

So...

Is Mach 4.9 the only hypersonic thing? Because if it was the Mach 11 it already got editted out.

And yeah agreeing on assumption based but wouldnt that just mean possibly supersonic instead of likely supersonic?

It means nothing because the feat is entirely based on assumptions

Not just solid statements + assumptions

Is just pure speculation

Back