• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So I was looking at the Last of us pages. And noticed something odd. namely the reason the verse is subsonic is because Ellie can dodge an arrow. But like in the linked clip she doesn't.

She notably starts moving before the arrow's even fired. and has already more or less moved out of the way by the time we hear the sound effect and see the arrow fired. What's more, this is an E3 early gameplay trailer released 2 years before the game even came out. I do not think that should be an indicator of what's possible in games, as they are for cinimatic purposes. And from what I am aware, this sight doesn't accept pre-release content as evidence for upgrades.

If there's a better show of Ellie dodging arrow's it might be better to link it. but otherwise, the Last of us might need to be downgraded to peak human.

I could see Superhuman due to the doggos. It's weird how superhuman tier is something achievable by IRL humans.
What's crazy is that we can technically get up to Subsonic as there are people that can react to and even cut airsoft bullets which move at Subsonic speed, and there was a dude with Subsonic+ perception, though he can't react that fast

I'm fine with downgrading Ellie to Superhuman speed, arguement seems reasonable

Yeah, that's something really weird when I checked the profile.

I fully agree, and I'd also like to add that we can clearly see how much faster the arrow is related to Ellie's movement when dodging. That is cinematic timing up to a point, sure, but just to reinforce OP's point - people can, and often do, dodge or avoid things much faster than they can react to by minimizing the amount of space needed to avoid said thing, avoiding the aim of the attacker, among other things, which fits how Ellie behaved in the clip.

The dogs specifically are German Shepards who move at superhuman speed. Hence why I could see reacting to their charge being superhuman. But worst case scenario it’s just the peak human I mentioned before.

Currently waiting for a calc to get evaluated that gives an actual value for their speed, puts them at Superhuman reactions

Back