• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non-Visual Verses Matter Too

Testarossa002

Username Only
As someone who is mostly interested in novel verses, this is of great concern to me.

Non Visual verses are always on the shorter end of the stick whenever it comes to calculations.

It's not as bad when it comes to AP feats.
For example, Character A blows up a planet is usually defaulted to baseline planet level

Speed, on the other hand, is more difficult.
For example, this
My eyesight was fuzzy. I felt like I’d just got the Heimlich manoeuvre from a gorilla. I couldn’t believe anybody could throw that hard.
Tyson yelled, ‘Percy, duck!’ I rolled as another dodgeball whistled past my ear at the speed of sound.
Whooom!
If it was a visual media, one can pixel all kinds of stuff and arrive at an accurate value.
But for non visual, it is quite difficult and long-winded.
One would need to make all sorts of assumptions in order for it to be somewhat accurate.

Such feats are usually not incorporated in scaling until an adaptation in the distant future is released.

I'm proposing that whenever such reactions, evasions, and interceptions feats occur, we simply scale them to the speed of the bullet or lightning or whatever they're dodging.

Obviously, we need to apply common sense as someone dodging an attack from Mars or something wouldn't be scaling.
This is for people within close range of the source of the attacks.

Once an adaptation is released, then it can be calced properly, but until then, scaling to the speed of what they're dodging should be the default rating.

I'm proposing that whenever such reactions, evasions, and interceptions feats occur, we simply scale them to the speed of the bullet or lightning or whatever they're dodging.
No.

Just because it is more difficult for feats lacking visuals doesn't mean we need to be excessively more generous in letting them make assumptions.

No.

Just because it is more difficult for feats lacking visuals doesn't mean we need to be excessively more generous in letting them make assumptions.
This is not being excessively generous
It's the same way character A scales to character B in speed by dodging the latter's attacks.
Nobody pixel scales anything. We just scale them.
That's the same logic
And you said it yourself, it is more difficult to calc said feats
Without making all sorts of arbitrary assumptions

This doesn't even happen in visual medias. Such feats to scale to the projectile are usually due to the characters covering great distance or the attack is close in distance when they moved. This blatantly wanks the feat.

If someone reacts to the sos, they're likely subsonic and thats it.
My eyesight was fuzzy. I felt like I’d just got the Heimlich manoeuvre from a gorilla. I couldn’t believe anybody could throw that hard.
Tyson yelled, ‘Percy, duck!’ I rolled as another dodgeball whistled past my ear at the speed of sound.
Whooom!
We got no idea how far the ball was when Tyson yelled ducked, Percy was also notified prior. So this definitely wouldn't be sos.

Back