• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

East Blue to Skypiea revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt anyone can blame tempest when debating against someone who's arguments are just straight up opinionated at this point, which is what they have been damage, you haven't convinced me either.

I agree with tempest.

I hardly can blame him, but saying any further would just create a war.
It's no excuse. Even if KingTempest believes he is right, he needs to control himself on the forum.

Who would want to argue with someone who is being so aggressive in their posts?

I'm expressing my doubt and bringing up things that I think are contradictions, and I feel like have KingTempest trying to bite my head off and calling me a liar. What kind of incentive is that to keep the discussing going?

It's no excuse. Even if KingTempest believes he is right, he needs to control himself on the forum.

Who would want to argue with someone who is being so aggressive in their posts?

I'm expressing my doubt and bringing up things that I think are contradictions, and I feel like have KingTempest trying to bite my head off and calling me a liar. What kind of incentive is that to keep the discussing going?
If it's this toxic here, just wait until the dressrosa calc thread...

What Tempest said makes sense to me, I see what he's saying that the 10 times impact dial and calc for Enel are both very consistent with eachother.

Also Damage keep in mind Luffy and Sanji previously got many times stronger from just sitting around on the train ride from Water 7 to Enies Lobby, so these characters can grow stronger from seemingly doing nothing.

What Tempest said makes sense to me, I see what he's saying that the 10 times impact dial and calc for Enel are both very consistent with eachother.

Also Damage keep in mind Luffy and Sanji previously got many times stronger from just sitting around on the train ride from Water 7 to Enies Lobby, so these characters can grow stronger from seemingly doing nothing.
Not to mention this is backed up by the statement of luffy's fruit evolving further and further, and zoro saying they've gotten stronger after every island.

The issue is that we're only applying this when it is convenient for us.

Several days pass between Alabasta and Skypiea, but Luffy and Sanji only recieve their 10 x power-ups in the hour or two after they were hit by the Impact Dial?

If these characters can change their ratings so quickly in such a short span of time, then who's to say they scale to 23.5 Kilotons when they were hit by the Impact Dial at all?

Everybody please calm down here. There is no need to get so heated up over this.

However, I suspect that it is the current ad-apocalypse that our system manager has still not shut down, that creates a lot of extra tension.

If these characters can change their ratings so quickly in such a short span of time, then who's to say they scale to 23.5 Kilotons when they were hit by the Impact Dial at all?
You bring up a great point Damage, for accuracy sake they can be treated "at least 23.5 Kilotons" when taking the impact dial, that should account for the battle with Bellamy and the time passed.

I'll step back a bit and go through the full document being proposed later to address all of the issues that I find with it.

I think we're being far too relaxed in our scaling of characters, and this issue with the Dials is just a symptom of it. For some reason we're not even considering that we could be wrong we're just saying "These characters got several times more powerful" just to support our scaling chains.

Emin and Tempest are making complete sense to me.

facts should always take precedence over opinions the fact I even have to say that is ludicrous
Please don't try this nonsense. We're all arguing over our opinions & interpretations here. VSBW is a site that is built on a foundation of head-canon and interpretation.

Please don't try this nonsense. We're all arguing over our opinions & interpretations here. VSBW is a site that is built on a foundation of head-canon and interpretation.
Their opinion is being backed up by facts, while your opinion is backed up by.... your opinion.

Their opinion is being backed up by facts, while your opinion is backed up by.... your opinion.
Both sides are back up by facts Arslan. We're both interpreting the same manga. No matter how look at it, issues are going to arise. Maybe you can overlook those issues a lot easier than I can, but that doesn't make you more right just because you can ignore things easier.

Try what nonsense Damage what are you even implying with that statement I really want to know.

I don’t have a clue why your being hostile especially when I said a complete fact.

You bring up a great point Damage, for accuracy sake they can be treated "at least 23.5 Kilotons" when taking the impact dial, that should account for the battle with Bellamy and the time passed.
How about another point then. Why can't Enel get more powerful off-screen as well? His attack on the Moon was a lot more powerful than his calced attacks during the Skypeia arc itself.

If Sanji and Luffy can get 10 x stronger by doing nothing in the span of an hour, why can't Enel get a few times stronger with his attacks? Why not make his attack on the Moon part of a new key?

Both sides are back up by facts Arslan. We're both interpreting the same manga. No matter how look at it, issues are going to arise. Maybe you can overlook those issues a lot easier than I can, but that doesn't make you more right just because you can ignore things easier.
Ignore things? Dawg your entire premise has been "I don't think" "I think" You're interpreting the manga with nothing but those. They are giving actual facts and reasons as to why, but you're just bringing up an opinion as a counter to a fact. If anyone is ignoring things, you are, and this isn't the first time, you're the sole reason why people get sick and tired of HST scaling, because you scrutinize the living shit out of everything.

(done talking now.)

Normally, that would be the case. However, Damage, you aren't guiltless yourself. The amounts of contradictory arguments whenever it's convenient to you and strawmans makes even rationale people on this wiki lose their control over themselves, don't act like Tempest is always like that towards other people, he even goes as far to warn people before it gets too heated, he sometimes like that towards you.

For clarification, i'm not attacking you personally (you may consider it as constructive criticism), i'm explaining to you one of the reasons why people lose their control whenever they are debating with you on something, specifically explaining why some things makes sense.

(i won't talk about that any further)

How about another point then. Why can't Enel get more powerful off-screen as well? His attack on the Moon was a lot more powerful than his calced attacks during the Skypeia arc itself.

If Sanji and Luffy can get 10 x stronger by doing nothing in the span of an hour, why can't Enel get a few times stronger with his attacks? Why not make his attack on the Moon part of a new key?
You bring up a good point Damage, but I
think we would need evidence of Enel's accelerated development that Luffy and Sanji have shown to conclude that.

With Luffy and Sanji we've seen before time and time again they can get stronger from seemingly doing nothing, but to my knowledge not with Enel.

Last edited:
Try what nonsense Damage what are you even implying with that statement I really want to know.

I don’t have a clue why your being hostile especially when I said a complete fact.
The unsubtle insinuation of "Facts > Opinions" meaning you're dismissing everything the opposition is saying and acting like other side is the only rational option.

You and StrawHatArslan are contributing nothing to the thread but pointless insults.

Normally, that would be the case. However, Damage, you aren't guiltless yourself. The amounts of contradictory arguments whenever it's convenient to you and strawmans makes even rationale people on this wiki lose their control over themselves, don't act like Tempest is always like that towards other people, he even goes as far to warn people before it gets too heated, he sometimes like that towards you.

For clarification, i'm not attacking you personally (you may consider it as constructive criticism), i'm explaining to you one of the reasons why people lose their control whenever they are debating with you on something, specifically explaining why some things makes sense.

(i won't talk about that any further)
I never said Tempest is always acting like that, stop putting words in my mouth.

I constantly face Strawman Arguments from several people in this thread in fact, and as much as I'd like to let loose on them, I try to keep myself restrained.

The unsubtle insinuation of "Facts > Opinions" meaning you're dismissing everything the opposition is saying and acting like other side is the only rational option.

You and StrawHatArslan are contributing nothing to the thread but pointless insults.
Is that correct damage? Or are opinions more reliable/correct than facts? I don’t even see where you would have an issue with this point.

Quote where I insulted you or anybody else I’d advise you not lie on my name and say I’m doing stuff that I am in no way doing. Just a shitty move.

If your resorting to making false claims maybe take a chill pill cus it’s a damn lie that I insulted anybody.

Is that correct damage? Or are opinions more reliable/correct than facts? I don’t even see where you would have an issue with this point.

Quote where I insulted you or anybody else I’d advise you not lie on my name and say I’m doing stuff that I am in no way doing. Just a shitty move.

If your resorting to making false claims maybe take a chill pill cus it’s a damn lie that I insulted anybody.
Your earlier post on this thread is an insult to me.

At this point you're derailing the thread. If you want to continue this, take it off of the CRT because I'll be deleting posts from this point forwards that it are off-topic.

Like i said earlier, i'm not attacking him personally, it's constructive criticism, because this is happening very frequently regarding someone accidentally attacking damage (Myself included). But, I'll drop it. Since it's derailment at this point. Anyways, do we agree with the Skypia calc or not?

Enel doesn't have Accelerated Development... Sanji and luffy do...

If Enel has shown that his destructive power is much more significant than it was before... then that is also an improvement in a short timeframe.
That's not enough for Accelerated Development tho... Right? No statement, no nothing... The only thing is devil fruit gets stronger the more you use and train them... Which we have no proof he did after getting defeated
We give Sanji and Luffy because we're seen them improve in a short timeframe.
Multiple statements as well

That's not enough for Accelerated Development tho... Right? No statement, no nothing... The only thing is devil fruit gets stronger the more you use and train them... Which we have no proof he did after getting defeated
I'm not saying he needs the ability added to his profile. I'm saying if One Piece characters can grow significantly stronger in a short time by doing nothing, then it doesn't make a lot of sense to backscale Enel's feat on the Moon to every single one of his lightning attacks in the Skypeia arc.

I'm not saying he needs the ability added to his profile. I'm saying if One Piece characters can grow significantly stronger in a short time by doing nothing, then it doesn't make a lot of sense to backscale Enel's feat on the Moon to every single one of his lightning attacks in the Skypeia arc.
But... Isn't there literally nothing telling us he got stronger tho?

luffy's elephant gun is the biggest here
11.png

Here it's smaller
2.jpeg

This doesn't mean Fishman Island arc luffy has stronger elephant gun than wano luffy 🤔🤷‍♂️

Might be confused tho

You bring up a good point Damage, but I
think we would need evidence of Enel's accelerated development that Luffy and Sanji have shown to conclude that.

With Luffy and Sanji we've seen before time and time again they can get stronger from seemingly doing nothing, but to my knowledge not with Enel.
Enel is a haki user even if he doesn't know how to armor himself with it (i.e Busoshoku), and i think all haki users have Accel develop, it (the moon feat) was also after recovering from a fight which seems to trigger AP amps many times in haki users.

But... Isn't there literally nothing telling us he got stronger tho?

There's nothing telling us his other attacks are as powerful as his attack on the Moon either.

Also truth be told, but those Elephant Guns look about the same to me. (Top left panel on the Fishman Island spread especially), but that's not really relevant.

Enel is a haki user even if he doesn't know how to armor himself with it (i.e Busoshoku), and i think all haki users have Accel develop, it (the moon feat) was also after recovering from a fight which seems to trigger AP amps many times in haki users.
Acclerated development applies for them improving their haki proficiency specifically; as shown in the Katakuri fight, and when against stronger haki users.

So it wouldn't apply to Enel increasing his devil fruit power.

Top left panel on the Fishman Island spread especially
That's elephant gatling which he did after...
11.png
12.png

Fishman island luffy was literally a pixel to the elephant gun while on wano you can clearly see luffy...

Here's another example
10.jpeg

There's nothing telling us his other attacks are as powerful as his attack on the Moon either.
I mean... Isn't that kinda common sense? The don't just get stronger because they want to...

Last edited:
Acclerated development applies for them improving their haki proficiency specifically; as shown in the Katakuri fight, and when against stronger haki users.

So it wouldn't apply to Enel increasing his devil fruit power.
But we do see then develop their potency, Luffy got strong enough to match Kata's awakening with G3 while Sanji got stronger from doing nothing, just like everyone did in Enies Lobby, not only that, but i am sure Teach saying Luffy's haki got stronger isn't a mistranslation, so even those with i still inactive haki can get stronger via fighting, so i see no reason to not give Accel Develop to their AP or to not apply it to Enel in this case.

no reason to not give Accel Develop to their AP or to not apply it to Enel in this case.
Enel haven't unlocked armament...
Luffy got strong enough to match Kata's awakening with G3 while Sanji got stronger from doing nothing
When did sanji get stronger by doing nothing?
just like everyone did in Enies Lobby
Need more context... Don't have to tho
not only that, but i am sure Teach saying Luffy's haki got stronger isn't a mistranslation, so even those with i still inactive haki can get stronger via fighting
That was probably conquerors haki... All haki gets stronger in battle not their actual stats...

Fishman island luffy was literally a pixel to the elephant gun while on wano you can clearly see luffy...

Sorry, meant top-right panel.

I mean... Isn't that kinda common sense? The don't just get stronger because they want to...

No. Enel's attacks explicitly vary in power. He even names them according to this sometimes. What I've been seeing though in the proposals is that all of Enel's attacks are being considered to be as powerful as his most powerful feat.

Enel haven't unlocked armament...
Neither did Luffy during Impel down arc. Every lifeform has Haki within themselves. Blackbeard saying that to Luffy, heavily implies you don't necessarily need to unlock either Busoshoku Haki or Kenbunshoku Haki. Since you always had both inside you, thus gets stronger in battles or other methods.

But we do see then develop their potency, Luffy got strong enough to match Kata's awakening with G3 while Sanji got stronger from doing nothing, just like everyone did in Enies Lobby
Why are you assuming those examples are due to Haki's acclerated development?

No. Enel's attacks explicitly vary in power. He even names them according to this sometimes. What I've been seeing though in the proposals is that all of Enel's attacks are being considered to be as powerful as his most powerful feat.
🤔 which attacks exactly? El thor is one of enels most powerful one which should be comparable with thunder dragon and shock release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back