• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

East Blue to Skypiea revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just compare the explosions and see the most consistent portrayal of it.
I might be wrong but it seems somewhat consistent with the other explosions
jFvz5s5.png
GblFMGU.png

Thanks for assisting Mitch. I won't do that one since your scaling looks good. The only tricky thing about that one is that the explosion starts off underground so it's not as clear as some of the others. (Though that's more telling as those characters still would have been hit by less of the explosion)

I personally think the other explosions that are seen are better off than that, but I wouldn't dismiss it entirely either.

BUMP

My reread is currently at Skypiea, I should be able to help more now
Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.
My bad - I actually forgot about this thread for a couple of days. I have a couple of calcs to post and get evaluated, which I'll try to do tonight so we can move on a bit.
No problem at all. You and Medeus may be the only staff members who are nearly as busy as I am with wiki work, here or elsewhere.

I can safely say that Luffy scales to Enel and his lightning after reading more of Skypiea

He physically overpowers and kicks away his lightning, with the lightning coming from one of Enel’s strongest attacks

Last edited:
I can safely say that Luffy scales to Enel and his lightning after reading more of Skypiea

He physically overpowers and kicks away his lightning, with the lightning coming from one of Enel’s strongest attacks
A bit of an issue as I see it with that is that a lightning bolt isn't just a solid projectile slamming into Luffy with kinetic energy. A lot of the "AP" delivered by a bolt of lightning come from the electrical & heat energy that is part of it which deals damage. Luffy can uniquely interact with the lightning by redirecting it with a kick, and he can withstand the electrical energy thanks to the resistance from his Devil Fruit - but I don't see how that means that the "kinetic energy" of the lightning bolt he is kicking is 100% equal to the destruction that the lightning bolt causes in the ground.

I might not be explaining it the best, but maybe an expert like DontTalk or someone else could weigh in and see if that makes sense.

I don't think electricity plays a role in contributing to the general destruction caused by a lightning attack. Like, if natural lightning falls on the ground, the destruction is more so because of the heat, not the electricity.

I don't think electricity plays a role in contributing to the general destruction caused by a lightning attack. Like, if natural lightning falls on the ground, the destruction is more so because of the heat, not the electricity.
Sure; but I question the physics involved of whether redirecting a lightning bolt by kicking the tip of it is accomplished by overcoming the heat energy of the entire bolt.

I think it’s pretty simple that Luffy scales to Enel, he’s able to kick away lightning from the Raigo, as well as flat out disperse the Raigo when given a conductor, not to mention how he pummeled Enel several times in that fight, I mean hell he completely overwhelmed and defeated Amaru Enel, who should have amped physicals by his lightning

Also Luffy doesn't negate lightning attacks, he's just resistant to them, lightning doesn't cease to exist whenever interacting with him it just doesn't affect him negatively.

Even with his resistance he'd still need to overpower the lightning itself with his own strength.

Sure, I'm not arguing the lightning ceases to exist when it hits Luffy. I'm just doubtful that Luffy kicking it to redirect the lightning means he is more powerful in just his kick than the entire lightning bolt.

I also stated earlier in the thread that I don't see a good reason for the one specific lightning bolt to scale to Enel's attack on the Moon.

I think it’s pretty simple that Luffy scales to Enel, he’s able to kick away lightning from the Raigo, as well as flat out disperse the Raigo when given a conductor, not to mention how he pummeled Enel several times in that fight, I mean hell he completely overwhelmed and defeated Amaru Enel, who should have amped physicals by his lightning
The amped physicals is completely speculative, but anyway; the fact that he needed a conductor inside Raigo meant that it isn't just his physical strength that is stopping the lightning there.

Luffy pummeling Enel also has nothing to do with the main argument which is whether or not Luffy scales to the attack that Enel did on the Moon.

EDIT: By the way, I apologize to people that I haven't been able to post my calcs yet. My monitor has been malfunctioning over the past few days and my replacement monitor has finally arrived. I've only been able to make short posts mostly because being on my PC too much right now if giving my a headache with this flickering screen...

I also stated earlier in the thread that I don't see a good reason for the one specific lightning bolt to scale to Enel's attack on the Moon.
Kicked away a bolt of Lightning from Deathpiea, which Enel said would produce lightning bolts stronger than what he could muster.

Luffy > Deathpiea Lightning Bolts > Enel's AP
Chapter 281
Screen_Shot_2021-10-07_at_11.40.10_AM.png

Ark Maxim lightning clouds that are infused with his energy, and the clouds amp his electricity to do stronger techniques.

Justified by how he charged his Ark Maxim with his 200 mil volt Vari, his strongest Vari
His first example was a single lightning bolt, noted by how he said "like this" or "for example"

Hi KT. I held back from this thread for a few days because I saw you were taking a break. Don't want to hold up the thread on my own much longer though, so if I can propose a few things:

1) I'll make a separate thread to address the Usopp Pre-Timeskip topic specifically so we don't need to worry about that for this thread to be settled.

2) We do the 10x multiplier via Impact Dial for the characters in the Skypeia arc as it is proposed in the sandbox.

3) We leave off the bit about Luffy scaling to Enel's Moon calc for now. I have my doubts regarding the physics involved and the impact on scaling and I want to discuss this with more calc people in the future before we add that in.

4) If those three proposals seem fine, then I think that the rest of the changes can go ahead as they are currently and we can start wrapping this thread up.

Hi KT. I held back from this thread for a few days because I saw you were taking a break.
I appreciate the consideration
Don't want to hold up the thread on my own much longer though, so if I can propose a few things:

1) I'll make a separate thread to address the Usopp Pre-Timeskip topic specifically so we don't need to worry about that for this thread to be settled.

2) We do the 10x multiplier via Impact Dial for the characters in the Skypeia arc as it is proposed in the sandbox.

3) We leave off the bit about Luffy scaling to Enel's Moon calc for now. I have my doubts regarding the physics involved and the impact on scaling and I want to discuss this with more calc people in the future before we add that in.

4) If those three proposals seem fine, then I think that the rest of the changes can go ahead as they are currently and we can start wrapping this thread up.
1) There was already a scaling chain we had prior to the Usopp calc where we scaled Luffy to the Buggy Bomb's AP, Laboon's AP, and something else as well where they'd scale to City Block+. We'll just push that forward instead of the Mr. 4 calc, just so we can save time.

2) Gotcha

3) That's fair, we can scale to the reject dial value then instead of Enel's calc for now

4) Yeah those are fine

Sorry I just found something.

0387-019.png

"The fans sure like all kinds of powers, don't they? But the most powerful one so far is ranked 25th-- the finger pistol. The finger pistol has beaten both Luffy and Zolo, but they won't give up!! They'll battle on with their own powerful techniques!! You can do it, guys!!

So Shigan > Golden Peony and Golden Rifle

Hello. This thread is for discussing some calculations that have been accepted but not applied to the characters' profiles or the verse page.
Is this calc crossed out because it's wrong? Or is it crossed out because it doesn't scale to ppl. Cause it does now

So Shigan > Golden Peony and Golden Rifle

I really have strong doubt that's what thar statement is supposed to imply.

I don't see how a "Nami's comment" (?) section is really objective proof.

Can we please just carry on with the East Blue to Enies Lobby revisions without diving into this?

It doesn't really change anything, except an additional justification for Rokushiki users.

It lists Golden Peony and Golden Rifle and Shigan and says that Shigan is the strongest one. It's an authors statement unless we give Nami the ability to break the 4th wall.

It seems like a tongue in cheek comment to me. There's no comparisons between them in the manga itself and if you're right that it doesn't really change anything them it's not necessary to add. I'd prefer if we just continued implementing the changes without it.

Finished.

Just to say the changes I recently did.

I forgot to revise the chains of Luffy's scaling from the previous scaling chain, so I did that.

Changed Usopp's scaling chain

I gave Oars a better justification since the one he had was baseless.

I re-added the feats of City Block level to those who did them.

I removed those who scale to Mr. 4's from scaling to his 8-A explosion.

I removed Luffy's scaling to Enel's feat.

I added Striking strength to each and every profile.

Fixed some grammatical errors.

And I think that's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back