• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earthbound: The War against Truth of the Universe (Also known as, massive downgrades)

Yeah but is still not the original team of people who made it what it is now. Yeet it and re do it from 0, as is not even worth beating such a dead horse, remaking from 0 instead would fix a lot of this issues.
If the blog were to be rejected, which doesn't seem like it will be the case, I believe it would be up to the people who would actually plan on fixing the verse to choose how to handle that, thank you.

Deleting an entire verse over one blog's deletion sounds too extreme; there are still plenty of blogs/threads discussing the statistics ratings over the course of years; though some are null, but there are still plenty of simpler feats and Low 2-C God tiers is the absolute worst case scenario via scans that have already been linked on profiles for years.

I still stand by the downgrades, I don't think the opposition has made any strong arguments besides restating the status quo. As for deleting the verse? I think that should be discussed after we decide whether or not to pass the downgrades

Though now that I think about it, would it be possible to ping few mods, including those who are knowledgeable on dimensional tiering and everything?

Like, I guess it started just to be dependent on that.

And bump.
uJ943oGRMPo.jpg

Now, before we'll get to "cosmology" from starters:

Speed:

I guess it comes because enemies can "dodge" PK Thunder am I right? Well, link itself with which is tried to be implies that enemies are dodging PK Thunder is wrong because PK Thunder "didn't hit anyone". Or in other words no one dodged PK Thunder, it just missed. The entire point of PK Thunder that it's hit or miss move, so thinking that someone actually dodges PK Thunder is iffy to say the least.

What? Equalize other psychic attacks in speed to PK Thunder? Then why in hell we're even comparing PK Thunder to real thunder? Excuse me, but this is not how it works. If you want equalize PK Thunder to actual Thunder, then please, equalize other stuff, such as PK Fire to real fire and PK Freeze to actual Ice. Assuming PK attacks are same in speed is dumb.

Basically scaling to Mother 3 crew. Scaling in speed doesn't works however since Mother 3 events are basically hundreds if not thousands of years after Mother 2 where was already upgraded Porky with spider mech. In other words, either delete rela rating for any character except for Mother 3 crew at all, or change rating to "possibly" for anyone who is not from Mother 3.

Lifting Strenght:

Via submarine basically, nothing wrong but, it worth to specify exact submarine we are using for reference, since weight of submarine is pretty much varied. And overall feat should be calced.

Range:

Ok but this doesn't makes sense, since.
1. It was not demonstrated for PSI abilities to reach Kilometers in game combat.
2. Same logic, if you want compare PK Thunder to irl Thunder, compare fire to fire, freeze to freeze and etc.

And now the most important thing.

Earthbound "Cosmology"
This occurs to everything Earthbound related, "Truth" of the universe, blog, The legends of localization, The Player, 5D stuff, anything what makes EB god tiers OP on this wiki if oversimplify.

Cause there's stuff like either taking stuff out of context, or taking words more than a simple metaphor.

Like, look at the "Truth" of the universe, it was mentioned only twice in the games. Twice, both times when it was mentioned as a concept, not as literal being.

And all quotes which blog uses can be taken as what it is. A simple Metaphor.
This, that, this, and everything else uses quotes and takes them too literally. For instance.
Ness's intelligence:

Since when "ultimate intelligence" means "knows everything"? This is not how any sort of omniscience works, it's like giving nigh-omniscience for just being smart.
or

and

Not only it doesn't has justifications of Ness becoming literally a universe, but let's look at it's justification from blog:

Oh cool, but what is said doesn't said in the video justifications relies to.

But ok, ok it is reliant on the Ness being somewhere else while being in Magicant. But what if I'm gonna tell you more than this.
lady and gentlemen I present you, official Earthbound Guidebook. Specifically page 96, Magicant page:
wt9efFgd.png

And well, that statement alone ruins most of stuff blog relies to (besides the obvious as heck metaphors), since blog assumes Magicant exists as separate universe while the guidebook (and let me repeat that official guidebook, which Nintendo by themselves posted online) says pretty clearly that Magicant is nothing more but a world inside of Ness's head.

"But wait this is English guidebook and not Japanese"

Ok, find me Japanese one, post here and problem can be solved in theory. Besides most of the stuff English and Japanese version of Earthbound differ mostly in censure of some American products, such as monopoly or coca cola reference, of course to run out from potential lawsuits.

But I have not ended, here, we can see this being stated.

Which supports the guidebook. But to add more.

Here we can see that while Ness "was" in Magicant, he was sleeping. Which along with Mother 1 statement, along with official guidebook tells that Magicant was nothing more but a "mirage" a "world that exists only in your head" you could even say "dream", considering Ness and Maria were unconscious.

And another worth to say thing, the Player stuff is also bad constructed. I think we should all remember that I am the player, You are the player, game asks our name, not someone's else made up being.

and

There's no certain being who plays these games, we are the ones who are playing these games.

This is not Undertale or Deltarune where there's something complex about player, since you are the player.

That all makes me want to either relook at all this stuff or just delete everything related to it.

It was easily accepted by a few mods previous time.
This time I want more people to take attention to the fact of how most of stuff about Earthbound in this wiki takes everything more serious than it supposed to be.
So does this mean Wall-Level Ness now?

Regardless, I think that abilities should be reverted to the way they were before the last CRT where the upgrades happened.

They were applied in a really rushed way, no one really agreed to those and even myself changed my mind on almost all of those, so I think that after this, the abilities of god tiers should at least be changed to the way they were before the last November.

Last edited:
I'm willing to evaluate whatever comes out of this. Didn't play the games but the stuff we claimed gave me impotence.

It's a bit confusing but I am not staff on VSB, as other have pointed out

Sorry if i make the same argument. Everyone in earthbound can have magicant not just limited to Ness. A random person like Maria also has one.
Well, at first saying Maria is a random person is like, genuinely downgrading her relevance to the story.

Anyway, won't even try to argue right now, since arguments are circular anyway.

Back