• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Earl
Transparent fugo-1
Princess Bubblegum comes to Bucciarati's gang and asks for Lemongrab's assassination, so that she can make a new Lemongrab. Fugo and Narancia are given the task.

The duo arrives at Lemongrab's throne. Lemongrab, not knowing them, orders them to leave. Narancia did not listen, as he was distractedly listening to his favorite song through his headphones. Lemongrab, pissed off at the fact that Narancia would not heed his instructions, points the sound sword at him and vaporizes him.

Fugo had not gone through the interrogation process, but with his partner gone, Fugo didn't need to. After witnessing the swift and sudden death of Narancia, he had all the reason to kill this tyrant.

Fugo has knowledge of Lemongrab's ability due to witnessing Narancia die. Let's also assume that Lemongrab also somehow knows about Fugo's ability as well.

Speed is equalized, and the two combatants start about 5 meters away from each other. Lemongrab starts atop his throne.

Probably the fact Fugo can dodge that point while PH launches a capsule at the same time seeing as Fugo and PH can act seperatly as most Stands can do as long as the two are within the maximum effective stand range plus Earl cant see the cap launched and thus cant properly react. While Fugo can see Earl and his weapon including the motion to attack allowing him to aim dodge.

Plus Fugo is ******* pissed in this situation and has a mission, he's gonna use that nice 152 IQ and not be an idiot and stand there or not use the thing he used in his only canon fight that would give him the win especially when his opponents has a good ranged attack. Fugo would lead with capsules. Made even better for Fugo as the starting range is within Fugo's stand range.

Essentially the fact Fugo knows what to not get hit by, PH being invisible, the range being within Fugo's effective range, PH being noncorporal and can act while Fugo dodges and Fugo wants him dead has Fugo winning more often then not.

I'd like to mention that the SBA applies here, which means verse equalization. So Earl can see and damage PH.

I think it takes more than nonphysical interaction to touch a stand, actually.

In Part 5 Trish made Mista's bullets turn into rubber and retract so they could shoot through King Crimson's hand once reverted back to normal. This happened despite the fact that bullets aren't spiritual objects. To me, it's implied here that despite being physical objects, the bullets were still able to harm King Crimson because another stand touched them.

My theory is that nonphysical objects can hurt stands if a stand hurled them or used them, which means there's more to stands and their invulnerability than just being intangible. It's a matter of technicality; a stand can only be affected by the actions of another stand. Not even by spiritual beings, only stands. Period.

Part 7 confirms that stands can imbue objects with stand energy, which allows those objects to interact with other stands. The example used was actually Mista with a gun and Anubis with a sword.

Otherwise not even ghosts and shit can see stands or interact with stands.

Stands 1

I dont think that's how verse equaliztion works when that doesnt even work in the source material, it has to be a realistic assumption but if that assumption is proven to already not work, idk dude.

Not what I meant, it would be an ok assumption and equalization if that type of thing wasnt already extremely suspect and kinda shot down in the source material.

If NPI doesnt work against stands in the source material it shouldnt suddenly work in verse equalization because the things being equalized are already proven different. It should work on some things though that are basically the same thing, like Stands and Personas, just dont think your example cuts it.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Well then, you should make a CRT, because right now anyone with NPI can see and interact with Stands
I'd like the source on that.

No I want to see where the rule is or where it says that's how we treat Stands exactly, if there's no rule then why would I make a CRT for something that doesnt have a set rule?

Because the very definition of NPI is being able to interact with non-corporeal and intangible beings like Stands, and its been like that for a while until now

I dont remember the exact thread about it, but you can talk with some admin about this like Dargoo, Cal, or Saikou

That's under the assumption that said power should work in the first place. If it's proven to be suspect in the first place then you can't really equalize it now can you? Also that doesn't touch upon the invisibly aspect either. Powers have limits dude.

Maybe I'll try cal. (if he ever responds). Although I'd still like to see the rule, if there's no rule then it works how it's shown to work.

Although this conversation is pointless for this thread and it's muddying it up. But know for future reference that aint gonna cut it.

That doesn't mean it's right or even a rule. Just an assumption that got thrown around.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
If the verse works that way, you should either make a CRT or a Blog to clarify to people
Actually a blog doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Good idea, I'll do it after the blog im working on right now.

Back