• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons & Divers (RP Registration)

azontr

He/Him
Don't know how this'll go, but this time I'm making something simple and hopefully it goes somewhere that isn't hell.

Premise: In the year 2045, Dungeons are the highest money-making industry in the world. Everyone from all races, whether Human or Demon or Orc or Dragon, is looking to make a fortune in the various Dungeon Pits turning up all over the planet. However, the most sought after and dangerous Dungeon in the world lies in the middle of the Pacific Ocean; the famed Starlight Dungeon that only opens up under the night sky. Various parties of Dungeon Walkers venture into the pit, only to never make their way out. How do you think you will fare? If you desire wealth, fame, or power... then take a dive into the dungeon, and see if you survive.

TLDR - Read Dungeon Meshi. This is that but modern and probably a lot less autistic (hopefully)

Warrior: The most common class of Dungeon Walker; Warriors specialize in melee combat. They will typically use heavy weaponry like Swords, Axes, Hammers, etc.
  • Class Effect 1: "Fierce Martial Prowess". You are proficient in Heavy Weaponry, and quickly gain proficiency in weapons in which you are unfamiliar.
  • Class Effect 2: "Roaring Spirit". You are highly resistant to injury; when injured, gain a strength and speed boost.
Assassin: The swift-footed Dungeon Walker, specializing in short bursts of power and stealth killing. They will typically use light weaponry like daggers and shortswords.
  • Class Effect 1: "Silent but Deadly". You are able to see in the Dark, and you can easily blend into Darkness and Light alike. To blend into Darkness, you must remain completely still.
  • Class Effect 2: "Backstabber". You deal more damage when enemies are unaware of your presence.
Mage: The scholarly Dungeon Walker, specializing in no one form of combat; a Jack of all Trades capable of long- and short-range attack. A Mage will carry around a wand or a staff, through which they will channel Mana.
  • Class Effect 1: "Mind's Eye". Your mind is attuned with the world around you, allowing you to sense the movement of those around you without seeing them. Be careful not to overuse this, or your mind may overload.
  • Class Effect 2: "Arcane Mastery". You are able to decipher languages and text that are unfamiliar to you far more quickly than others. Simpler languages are instantly translated.
Ranger: Commonly mistaken with Mages, Rangers specialize entirely in long-range combat and rarely will they engage in close quarters. Rangers can utilize anything as a ranged weapon; a common pebble can be turned into a bullet; a stick and rubber band can be turned into a powerful slingshot.
  • Class Effect 1: "One Shot, One Kill". You are able to see the most critical points on objects that others can't by focusing. Striking these points does massive damage.
  • Class Effect 2: "High Noon". Gain a reaction speed boost, allowing you to see the world in slow motion for 2-5 seconds. Overuse can strain the eyes.
Priest: A type of Mage that gains power from a Deity. These people will typically have to pay a price to gain the power of their God, and these powers can be either harmless or lethal depending on one's connection to the Deity. They have no inherent Class Effects, as those depend on their contracted Deity.
  • Goddess of Life, Vela: The Goddess of Life. A benevolent Goddess who many Priests will Contract with.
    • Blessing 1: "Beast Tongue". You can communicate with Animals and even bind them to your will. You can also communicate with plants, but are unable to control them.
    • Blessing 2: "Resurrection". You can resurrect a fallen party member from Death.
  • God of Death, Vex: The God of Death, and brother of Vela. A cruel God who only few, generally unhinged Priests will contract with.
    • Blessing 1: "Soul Tongue". You can communicate with deceased Souls and even bind them to your will.
    • Blessing 2: "Death". Inflict instant death upon a target in exchange for a portion of your lifespan; the process of lifespan extraction is excruciatingly painful.
  • God of Laughter, Destro: The God of Laughter and Joy. A carefree God who only contracts with those who interest him.
    • Blessing 1: "Ticklish". Increase a target's sensitivity to touch significantly, but also do the same for yourself. Even a gentle breeze can be extremely pleasurable, but even a tiny wound can be as painful as losing a limb.
    • Blessing 2: "Jumping with Joy". Make a target extremely happy. So happy, that their physical strength increases, and grants a resistance to any mental status effects.
  • God of Space & Time, Zontr: The God of Space and Time. A mysterious God who only contracts with those who he says are "destined for a great task".
    • "Emperor of Time". Stop time for 5 seconds. Stopping time puts immense strain on the body, and overuse of the Skill can cause a painful death.
    • "Empress of Space". Control space and direction for 5 seconds; control the battlefield like you're moving pieces on a chest board. Controlling space can make a person go insane, progressively melting their brain with overuse.
More divinities will be available to choose from later (as I come up with them). Allegiances can be switched, but be warned that the God whose service you have left may bring doom upon your party in their anger...

Special Classes:

• Dancer: A mixture of a Warrior and an Assassin. Dancers are swift-footed, and hit incredibly hard. Dancers may choose one Class Effect from both the Warrior and Assassin class each to constitute their Class Effects.
  • Spellblade: A mixture of a Warrior and a Mage. Spellblades imbue Magic into their Weapons, allowing them to hit hard in both worlds. Spellblades may choose one Class Effect from both the Warrior and Mage Class each to constitute their Class Effects.
  • Paladin: A mixture of a Warrior and a Priest. They use the power of a God to strengthen themselves. Paladins may choose one Class Effect from the Warrior Class, and Two Blessings from any God.
More Special Classes will become available later (as I come up with them lol). If you do not choose a Special Class to begin with, you may have an opportunity to change your Normal Class to Special through Class Evolutions that will be available later in the story.

Name: Duh

Class: DUH

Race: Not Duh. I did mention there are Fantasy Races, but I don't feel like writing shit about all the Races lol. Pick whatever Race you want, if you wanna add racial abilities you can (Humans obviously have none) but just run them by me; since I'm making a character myself, if you wanna make a character the same race as mine u can look at them for a basis on the racial abilities I (the GM) made up at 2 AM.

• Dungeon: Pits in the Earth that lead to separate spaces generated by unknown Magicks. Contains relics and treasures from seemingly other worlds.
  • Dungeon Walker: That's you.
  • Dungeon Dive: An expedition to explore a Dungeon is callled a Dungeon Dive. Dungeon Dives usually go very wrong.
  • Relic: A magical item taken from a Dungeon.
  • Monster: It's a Monster.
  • Boss Monster: A bigger, stronger Monster. You fight Boss Monsters to progress to lower floors in a Dungeon.

QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE!!!!!!!! ARE MY ONLY ABILITIES WHAT MY CLASS GIVES ME? NO! Your Class is just something you specialize in. If you are a Warrior, you can have other abilities, but your main specialization will be melee combat, and the other abilities you have will help you further that. Another example being if you are a Ranger, you don't have to always be at long-range, but you are best suited to long-range and any other abilities you have will likely be to further your combat ability at long range. HOW DO I CHOOSE A GOD IF I WANT TO BE A PRIEST IF THE GODS HAVE UNIQUE CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS? If you want to play as a Priest, then you should build a character around your God; what do you think a Goddess of Life would want in someone representing her? Just write your OC in that direction. In the case of Zontr, you don't have to do this, as he will pick his Priests based on no particular personality criteria. IF I SWITCH GODS MID-STORY, WHAT WILL HAPPEN? Bad things. Only switch allegiances if you've discussed a decision with your Party; you may all Die. CAN WE ALL DIE? Yeah, lol. WHAT HAPPENS IF WE ALL DIE? Story ends. CAN THE STORY RESTART? Yeah, but you'll make new characters, as a new party. If every party member dies, that's a failed Dungeon Dive.

Need a reference on how to make a character/stats? BOOM! CHARACTER SANDBOX! Put character here when accepted.

Need some more rule breakdowns? BOOM! EXPLANATION PAGE!

Need an RP thread? BOOM! IT'LL GO HERE!

On my knees begging praying hoping this won't flop. If it does, I am FINISHED !! Please Join !!

Have fun as well !!

ok, I'm going to make my own summoner character with 10 Shikigami

I guess Spellblade with Roaring Spirit and Arcane Mastery class effect

I still have to think about the effects of the Shikigami and a way tl how summon them, though

name and animal of the Shikigami:
1. Hell Blaze. Cat.
2. Bat swarm. Bat
3. Foxter. Fox
4. Ring-tailed. Lemur
5. Mirror Octopus. octopus
6. Knight of the Wind. Hedgehog
7. The Saltwater. Crocodile
8. Black white. Zebra
9. Leon king. Leon bruh
10. Great Sage Equaling Heaven, Son Goku. Monkey

ok, I'm going to make my own summoner character with 10 Shikigami

I guess Spellblade with Roaring Spirit and Arcane Mastery class effect

I still have to think about the effects of the Shikigami and a way tl how summon them, though

name and animal of the Shikigami:
1. Hell Blaze. Cat.
2. Bat swarm. Bat
3. Foxter. Fox
4. Ring-tailed. Lemur
5. Mirror Octopus. octopus
6. Knight of the Wind. Hedgehog
7. The Saltwater. Crocodile
8. Black white. Zebra
9. Leon king. Leon bruh
10. Great Sage Equaling Heaven, Son Goku. Monkey

Bro, you ain't Potential Man.

Are Mimics a common thing in the setting? I want to make a sapient Mimic with Dimensional Storage (It's achieved through Space-Time shenanigans so the thing is a creation of Zontr and the "pet" of Lady Macbeth. Maybe it could be a gift given to her by the god?)

How I pray hoping this Dungeon Meshi rip-off makes it past the first arc (inshallah my track record is not looking good)
black-guy-whtie-and-black.gif

I won't be able to finish my character today. I'll have to discuss it with Back more because I can't figure out how to make it fun without also making it too overpowered or complicated.
Me too, i dunno why
Well, Mimics are asexual but mine is technically a guy so...

Why are you all playing girls
I mean you already know I don't care which gender I play, I just happen to have more female OCs than male ones primarily because I like looking at the female body more when I'm looking for a proper faceclaim(if I use one)

I mean you already know I don't care which gender I play, I just happen to have more female OCs than male ones primarily because I like looking at the female body more when I'm looking for a proper faceclaim(if I use one)
In my case, there's just too many female images in Pinterest and it's a lot harder to find male ones. That aside, I can't just use an immaterial image or abstract one without doing some overpowered shenanigans.

You will resurface. I am beckoning you, with my beckoning hand. Coercing you into joining my roleplay. You will join.
trippy-psychedelic.gif

Back