• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping the Riordanverse Tier by smiting it with Zeus' Lightning Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry at 14

iu

vs Percy at 14

iu

Inspired by this, please note I love both series, and this is just a fun roast

Percy vs Harry

Harry: I'm the child of prophecy, destined to take down the Dark Lord

Percy: Bro, same! Although for my case it was up to me whether everyone is doomed or not. And we've some close calls with Thalia and the de Angelo siblings

Harry: I am the Half-Blood son of one of Hogwart's best students who at the end stood up against the Dark Lord

Percy: You're a half-blood too, that's awesome! Although my Dad is one the head gods! And he's defintiely still alive!

Harry: When I was a baby, the Dark Lord tried to kill me but I survived, killing the Dark Lord in the process

Percy: Bro that sick!! How did you do it?

Harry: My Mom's sacrifice for me allowed her love to protect me

Percy: Lame! You didn't do it with your own powers after all, meanwhile all I did was kill a snake when I was little, and I didn't rely on my Mom to do it. She was totally freaked out! At least she's still alive.

Harry: I grew up with family members who hated me and tried to keep secrets from me.

Percy: Been there, my Mom got with this piece of crap to provide a father-figure for me, but ended up turning him to stone at my suggestion. At least she got with someone better, he even teaches at one of the schools I went to.

Harry: Ohh... Well, in my 4th year I was selected by the Goblet of Fire to participate in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and in the final round I ended up facing the Dark Lord who ressurected himself using my blood

Percy: What!! Really?! Did you beat him then?

Harry: Well no, I ended up taking the dead body of one of the other contestants with me and retreating.

Percy: Booo!! You know, I was in a similar predicament too with Atlas when I was that age, but did I retreat then? Hell no! I tapped out with Artemis and held up the sky in her place!

Harry: The sky? YOU HELD UP BLOODY THE SKY!!

Percy: Yep... Wasn't easy though... At least Atlas was there to switch out with me.

Harry: sweats nervously I am the Master of Death, which mean I'm the weilder of the Deathly Hollows. One of them is the greatest invisibility cloak to exist, another is the most powerful wand ever, and the last is a stone that ressurects people as visages from the death.

Percy: We got two of those things too you know, although can your wand wipe out continents? That's what the Master Bolt can do, none of us ever dared using it for that reason! And I'm not sure how keen Hades is on sharing his Helm of Darkness, probably for the best. It would be nice to walk through walls and not be sensed, but it would be freaky to make everyone around me die or go nuts. And I don't need some dumb stone to ressurect anybody, I can just simply see Nico on doing that or go down to the underworld myself for that. That was how I got my Mom back, although she wasn't exactly dead

Harry: You've been to the underworld?!

Percy: Three times in fact, I've gotten so sick of that place!

Harry: I-

Percy: Dude, I could go for all day!

Harry: I encountered or fought all manner of monsters-

Percy: Been there, lost count of how many I encountered or fought though

Harry: One of those monsters was a Sphinx in the final round of the Triwizard Tournament

Percy: Done that in the Labirynth, our sphinx was a total chump though, and my bro ended up smashing its testing machine

Harry: I defeated the Dark Lord after all of his horcruxes were destroyed

Percy: Done that with Kronos, although I didn't need to destroy any "horcruxes" for that, just had to take a dip in River Styx for that. And before-hand I had plenty of encounters and battles with Gods and Titans alike. Aside from Atlas, I like freaking fought the God of War when I was 12 and won! What did you do? Kill a large snake and stab a book?! I could just laugh right about now!

Harry: HEY!! That snake and book you're referring to were controlled by the Dark Lord who used them to terrorize the entire school! And they would've committed genocide if I didn't do anything!

Percy: Genocide, your supposed "Dark Lord" sounds rather wimpy, Kronos was going to bring the literal apocalypse.

Harry: Uhhhh.... I... Breathes heavily

Percy: Dude, are we done here?

Harry: Jumps into the Black Lake

Percy: Hope you're at least a good swimmer, that comes easy for me, don't need no weed for that!

Last edited:
Let's return to the main revision discussion please.

What do we currently need to do here?

There is this to consider for Chiron:
  1. Chiron has plenty of experience with the Masterbolt and what it can do, being a child of Kronos
  2. It's pretty consistent with the powerscaling atm. It 1 shots all characters in the verse minus Typhon, who tanked the blast and one shots other gods, and likely Zeus as he downscales from Typhon. And Typhon fights the Gods for 7 days with no sign of real damage.
  3. The Masterbolt is consistently shown to be the god's nuclear weapon, and as such it is logical that it is this much stronger than most other gods. (Pretty much just consistency part II the Electric-Boogaloo)

1. Chiron has plenty of experience with the Masterbolt and what it can do, being a child of Kronos
  2. It's pretty consistent with the powerscaling atm. It 1 shots all characters in the verse minus Typhon, who tanked the blast and one shots other gods, and likely Zeus as he downscales from Typhon. And Typhon fights the Gods for 7 days with no sign of real damage.
  3. The Masterbolt is consistently shown to be the god's nuclear weapon, and as such it is logical that it is this much stronger than most other gods. (Pretty much just consistency part II the Electric-Boogaloo)
Lol thanks for copypasting my argument here so it's easier to see, it never got responded to. :)

Again though that'a all just upscaling from the High 6-B value, it'd prolly be a "higher via the Masterbolt" for Zeus and others who use it
I'm saying we have no reason to believe the power gap is exactly that of a firecracker compared to a much greater explosion since it could be an exaggerative way of just saying how strong the bolt is

It's not enough to base a whole ass tiering on by itself

So have you reached any agreements here yet?

So we just need someone to go through, edit the gods speed to MHS, change their AP and durablity to High 6B, and then edit the demigods speed to Supersonic+?

6B seems fine, some other users approving MHS would be good before we apply that change.

I feel like demigod speed/everything about them probably requires another CRT.

6B seems fine, some other users approving MHS would be good before we apply that change.

I feel like demigod speed/everything about them probably requires another CRT.
Okay so we just need that speed calc accepted. The question is should we go to the demigods first to quickly revise their speed, or do we go to the Norse section. It will take a lot longer, but it is so much more important than the demigod's speed being like 6 times off.

Okay so we just need that speed calc accepted. The question is should we go to the demigods first to quickly revise their speed, or do we go to the Norse section. It will take a lot longer, but it is so much more important than the demigod's speed being like 6 times off.
Well, one user said the calc looks fine: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:GraveDigger84/Mellie_Breaks_Wind_(PJO)

I'd prefer demigods, but if the Norse's profiles are really far off we should get to that first.

Do we have a sufficient amount of calculations and general consensus to initiate any revisions based on this thread, and if not, what is left to be decided here?

Okay. You can probably apply them now then.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary. The Standard Format for Character Profiles page is also very useful to take a look through.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the small edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

Well, I don't think we know how fast he'd be throwing the mountain.
I mean we could calculate it based on his feat of casually spiking the Argo II from Greece to New York in less than a minute.

"The last Jason saw of his dad, Zeus was a hundred feet tall, holding the Argo II by its prow. He boomed, ‘HOLD ON!

Then he tossed the ship up and spiked it overhand like a volleyball.

If Jason hadn’t been strapped to the mast with one of Leo’s twenty-point safety harnesses, he would have disintegrated. As it was, his stomach tried to stay behind in Greece and all the air was sucked out of his lungs.

The sky turned black. The ship rattled and creaked. The deck cracked like thin ice under Jason’s legs and, with a sonic boom, the Argo II hurtled out of the clouds." - P.295 BoO (ebook).

Even though Zeus was 100 ft tall in this feat, and "almost half as tall" as Typhon when he trapped the monster (which based on estimates would put him between 1000 to 3000 feet tall) we could still use the calculated energy as a base-line from which the Typhon feat would actually be "far greater than".

Well they have 5C AP based on a none-existent calc, and speed is kind of just assumed. I think Demigods will be quick, so we might need to do that first so it's not forgotten about.
I have been working on a Demigod speed, strength and durability CRT for the better part of a year.

Its only taken me that long because I went a bit over-board with notetaking and have been stuck sifting through over 100 pages of notes for the last 3 months.

Lately, with uni and work I've barely had time to work on it, but if others would be willing to help catalogue my notes the Demigod CRT would be completed exponentially faster.

Does anyone else have an opinion on the gods' speed ratings?
I do have some grievances with the scaling used to give the Olympians MHS+ reaction speeds.

Stating God's are MHS+ because they are massively superior to Demigod's who have (at best) Super-Sonic reaction speeds (which hasn't been agreed on) because Ares was holding back in his fight with a 12 year-old Percy makes no sense.

You don't have to be thousands of times faster than someone to toy with them, especially if they are able to tag you when your guard is down.

Additionally, we don't even know how fast 12 year old Percy was so we have no baseline to compare Ares' reactions to.

As for statement about the wind god's being able to block seemingly nigh-instant teleportation, there are simply too many unknowns for the feat to be accurately calculated.

While it appears that god's teleport near-instantly, this has never been stated to be the case.

In fact, Hermes has stated that god's don't truly teleport but rather change form and travel really fast through the air.
"I raised my hand. “Um . . . what about that materializing/
teleporting thing you guys do?”

“That’s a form of air travel too, Jackson. Very fast, but the
wind gods are faster." - P.138, The Last Olympian (ebook)
Since we have never been given a time frame or a distance travelled for a god "teleporting" we can't quantify how fast they actually are without a lot of assumptions.

Additionally, all god's are near omni-scient in regards to their domain, meaning that the wind gods would be able to sense a god entering the sky from miles away, which would obviously give them far more time to react.

This combined with the fact that a god's next best reaction feat is super-sonic+ throws doubt on the overall accuracy of this scaling.

What do the other participants in this thread, such as @Cryo123 , think about FalseTrajectory's points above, and are any of you willing to help him with his work for this verse?

Also, is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here? It would also be appreciated if somebody lists all of the members who have helped out in this thread in a constructive manner, so I can call them here to help us out.

For speed, I think the consensus was to upscale the gods from wind spirits or pegasi, since they should be a lot faster in travel speed at least, and the wind gods quote seems to imply they can intercept each other in their true forms. Zeus even caught the wind gods and used them as mounts against their will on short notice, iirc.

Also, is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here? It would also be appreciated if somebody lists all of the members who have helped out in this thread in a constructive manner, so I can call them here to help us out.
So about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back