• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping the Riordanverse Tier by smiting it with Zeus' Lightning Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also do we know Percy’s height at 14? When he is 16 he is 6ft and going by this link, there is an almost 4” difference between the two ages for the average guy who is shorter than Percy. Slapping on 5’10” doesn’t really work. 5’8” looks would be more accurate.

Also do we know Percy’s height at 14? When he is 16 he is 6ft and going by this link, there is an almost 4” difference between the two ages for the average guy who is shorter than Percy. Slapping on 5’10” doesn’t really work.
According to google, 5’10 was the most common age that popped up for Percy. Probably gotta check it again

According to google, 5’10 was the most common age that popped up for Percy. Probably gotta check it again
Yeah according to Percy Jackson’s UK site, 13 year old Percy is described as “5’10 and a bit slim”. He would be slightly taller since he was 14 when he did the feat, but not too much of a difference

Also do we know Percy’s height at 14? When he is 16 he is 6ft and going by this link, there is an almost 4” difference between the two ages for the average guy who is shorter than Percy. Slapping on 5’10” doesn’t really work. 5’8” looks would be more accurate.
Some people grow faster in earlier years before settling for their maximum height. That said, Percy shouldn't be that much shorter than what he is now

5’10” doesn’t really work though since the Demigod Files lists Annabeth as about 5’10” (freaking giant) at 13 and she is noted to be taller than Percy by a few inches until Labyrinth where Percy is almost as tall as her or smth. Assuming Annabeth doesn’t grow at all since she is < MoA Percy (he could kiss the top of her head) < MoA Jason = 6’ range, Percy kinda has to be around 5’8” max in TTC.

5’10” doesn’t really work though since the Demigod Files lists Annabeth as about 5’10” (freaking giant) at 13 and she is noted to be taller than Percy by a few inches until Labyrinth where Percy is almost as tall as her or smth. Assuming Annabeth doesn’t grow at all since she is < MoA Percy (he could kiss the top of her head) < MoA Jason = 6’ range, Percy kinda has to be around 5’8” max in TTC.
I'm pretty sure Percy was stated to 6' in Heroes of Olympus with Jason being 6'1 or something

Kinda consistent considering Percy became High Hypersonic+ in Heroes of Olympus
Technically the distance is wrong in the lightning catching calc, the calc uses the full distance of the canyon (21 meters) but Jason was actually in close quarter combat range with the spirit (so more like 5 meters)

The result would actually be Massively Hypersonic

Technically the distance is wrong in the lightning catching calc, the calc uses the full distance of the canyon (21 meters) but Jason was actually in close quarter combat range with the spirit (so more like 5 meters)

The result would actually be Massively Hypersonic
Huh, so maybe it should be recalced. Though I think what was calced was the lightning strike when they fought Otis and Ephialetes

So have you all reached any conclusions/agreements here?

Not atm, we all kinda agree that Class E should be deleted but the 6-C stuff is still being debated, as well as the constellation stuff for gods

And I need an evaluation for my Percy calc

Not atm, we all kinda agree that Class E should be deleted but the 6-C stuff is still being debated, as well as the constellation stuff for gods
For 6-C demigods, there's nothing to really support it at this point. The sky lifting feat is largely agreed to not be usable as a strength feat and thus shouldn't apply for AP or durability either. Jason's storm calc is inflated. It uses a 20km based on a misunderstanding on the calcer's part. It seems like it was never even actually accepted so idk how it's even on the pages. Unless there are other feats in this range then Demigods need a downgrade here.

On the subject of constellation feats for AP, I think it's pretty clear upon analysis of the mechanics of the verse that they aren't literally creating stars. The Artemis feat is explicitly her not creating them, as she merely emphasized existing stars to present an image. There's also a clear division in-universe between the celestial bodies in the universe and the representations in the supernatural world. Apollo, Ra, and their relationship with the sun make that pretty clear. Apollo himself states that all the stars and planets exist and operate independently of his (or any god's) involvement. So they obviously aren't creations of any of those gods. Although I think there might be some feats that are currently overlooked for AP. I know the Zeus planet flooding was decided to not be used because "it's just making it rain for 40 days", but I think we could still derive an AP value from creating storm clouds that cover the planet.
And I need an evaluation for my Percy calc
On the subject of speed, I think it might be useful to look at magicians from Kane Chronicles. Percy would upscale pretty easily from the lightning-dodging feats shown there. Like Carter deflecting lightning here. Percy scaling above Carter is already something established in the profiles so getting this one calced could be useful.

For 6-C demigods, there's nothing to really support it at this point. The sky lifting feat is largely agreed to not be usable as a strength feat and thus shouldn't apply for AP or durability either.
There’s a reason for it to not be an LS feat; it was stated to be a matter of willpower. However, it inherently should qualify for AP considering Atlas’ direct statement on how the sky would flatten the mountain and everything within a hundred leagues

Also Leo can clash with Khione and overpower her, who has her own 6-C calc.

On the subject of speed, I think it might be useful to look at magicians from Kane Chronicles. Percy would upscale pretty easily from the lightning-dodging feats shown there. Like Carter deflecting lightning here. Percy scaling above Carter is already something established in the profiles so getting this one calced could be useful.
Is the lightning real? It’s been a while since I read the books so I’m not too familiar with the magic in this series

There’s a reason for it to not be an LS feat; it was stated to be a matter of willpower. However, it inherently should qualify for AP considering Atlas’ direct statement on how the sky would flatten the mountain and everything within a hundred leagues

Also Leo can clash with Khione and overpower her, who has her own 6-C calc.
It doesn't qualify for AP because they aren't using strength to perform the feat. Why would we give Percy 6-C AP for something that had nothing to do with his AP? The sky falling has a certain amount of force behind it sure, but that force isn't countered by anything physical on Percy's part.

What calc is this? There's nothing on her page beside the true form calc we applied to every god. Because that's just the energy of converting their mass into energy. She doesn't actually manifest that much power unless she's in her true form. I did once see a calc for the freezing rain she did on another site (which we could upscale the attacks she used on Leo from), but that was somewhere in tier 7, nowhere close to 6-C. I definitely think the more relevant demigods are easily tier 7, there are a
Is the lightning real? It’s been a while since I read the books so I’m not too familiar with the magic in this series
It is. Egyptian mages don't really create objects or elements, but rather invoke concepts and summon representations from Ma'at, which is the origin of all things in creation. Trust me, once we get through stat revisions I will be doing massive revisions for the abilities of both the Greeks and the Egyptians (I've done some scaling of my own on other sites, I just need to transfer all that info here in a format that works with this site. Some of these pages could easily be twice the length.)

So have you all reached any conclusions/agreements here?
If somebody writes a list of all the knowledgeable members who have helped out here previously, I can call for them afterwards.

If the 6-C stuff is all ruled to be invalid, we can scale all of the characters to 7-B (23 megatons) from Percy‘s durability, since he withstood being in the epicenter of the Mount Saint Helens explosion

Before that though, there are a few calcs I want to make, like the Khione rain calc and I’m going to try to fix Jason’s storm calc

Here's the Khione feat. Definitely notable that this seems to be a lowball since it's just temperature change. So a recalc could get this higher when we factor in cloud formation.
So Piper gets 7-B for defeating Khione? Seems rather consistent with Percy's St. Helens feat and Leo matching her icy powers with his fire, considering all 7 either scale or downscale from Percy

That said, salty water has a lower freezing point than non-salty water (about −1.8°C, or 28.9°F for the Americans here), so Khione's freeze should be with that temperature in mind

Last edited:
I'm not sure who it'll scale to. It killed Leo and was said to be able to kill any demigod due to the Imperial Gold in it, which is why Leo told Jason to get him and Piper away
Well it was the combined effort of Leo‘s flames and the artillery. So if you divide it by 2 it would give Leo 7-A+ AP with fire

He never said it SCALED to anything but Leo's fire
Yeah, though it's kinda inconsistent with the lore as the Big 3 are repeatedly stated to be the strongest demigods (and especially Percy and Jason), yet the blast is far above any of them

I would say the blast is the combination of Leo's fire lighting the projectile, as well as the Imperial Gold explosives in it that made this much damage. I'm pretty sure it was said that the projetiles will do that much damage based on Octavian's plans to use them to wipe Camp Half Blood with one fell swoop

Which book is this from? I need to reread the feat

I have an idea on how to calc it but I need a few bits of info, such as how long is Carter’s staff and how wide is the room

So Piper gets 7-B for defeating Khione? Seems rather consistent with Percy's St. Helens feat and Leo matching her icy powers with his fire, considering all 7 either scale or downscale from Percy

That said, salty water has a lower freezing point than non-salty water (about −1.8°C, or 28.9°F for the Americans here), so Khione's freeze should be with that temperature in mind
I'm hesitant to scale physicals to outright magical abilities in that way. I don't think Leo is physically as strong as the energy in his fire attacks for example, and the same is likely true for Khione and her ice. Maybe someone like Percy can get around that since there's usually less of a disparity between what he can do and tank compared to his powers. And Piper really shouldn't be on the level of some of the others at all, when she isn't physically impressive compared to the average demigod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back