• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping the Riordanverse Tier by smiting it with Zeus' Lightning Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hesitant to scale physicals to outright magical abilities in that way. I don't think Leo is physically as strong as the energy in his fire attacks for example, and the same is likely true for Khione and her ice. Maybe someone like Percy can get around that since there's usually less of a disparity between what he can do and tank compared to his powers. And Piper really shouldn't be on the level of some of the others at all, when she isn't physically impressive compared to the average demigod.
Leo tanked attacks from Khione too, which is why when she return she blew him off the ship without him being able to react to her (as she can't stand his fire)

Leo obviously isn't as strong as Percy or Jason, but he's a very capable demigod too

Khione is a goddess so her magic would scale to her physicals to my knowledge. Piper can clash with Khione and even stab her, so she would scale to her dura
That's not how that works. The series never establishes any such thing. I also don't think I should have to explain why stabbing someone doesn't make you scale to them. Especially considering the properties of the weapons in this verse, and the fact that magic attacks are not the same as durability, let alone piercing durability.
Leo tanked attacks from Khione too, which is why when she return she blew him off the ship without him being able to react to her (as she can't stand his fire)

Leo obviously isn't as strong as Percy or Jason, but he's a very capable demigod too
What attacks did he tank? Because "tanking" someone trying to make you freeze to death isn't the same as actual durability. Especially when he was countering the cold with his heat.

Capable sure, but not particularly physically impressive. At the moment I can't think of any feats that would warrant a (physical) tier 7 rating for him. Unless we just scale everyone to Percy's durability (which I think is pretty flawed, most demigods would have died from something like that).

That's not how that works. The series never establishes any such thing.
They literally do? Gods can tank each other’s magical attacks and fight each other.

For example, Oceanus tanked an energy blast from Poseidon and clashed with him in hand to hand combat, with Poseidon taking the W

As for the Carter calc I’m gonna make some assumptions here.

Average bedroom is 14 feet or 4.87 meters wide:

4.87/440000 = 0.000011 s (Timeframe)

Carter height: 1.68 m

Since wingspan is equal to height, Carter’s arm should be 0.84 m long

Length of a pharaoh’s crook is roughly 0.46 m

0.84 + 0.46 = 1.30 m

Carter said he turned away the lightning, which isn’t a full fledged swing but moreso a tilt. So I’ll assume he moved his staff 90 degrees.

(45) x (pi) x (1.30) / (360) = 0.51 m

0.51/0.000011 = 46364 m/s

Mach 135, Massively Hypersonic

Last edited:

Assuming the room is 10 meters wide:

10/440000 = 0.0000227 s (Timeframe)

Length of a pharaoh’s staff is roughly 1.5 m

Carter said he turned away the lightning, which isn’t a full fledged swing but moreso a tilt. So I’ll assume he moved his staff 90 degrees.

(90) x (pi) x (1.5) / (360) = 2.36 m

2.36/0.0000227 = 103965 m/s

Mach 303, Massively Hypersonic
90 degrees is a bit more then a tilt lmfao

They literally do? Gods can tank each other’s magical attacks and fight each other.

For example, Oceanus tanked an energy blast from Poseidon and clashed with him in hand to hand combat, with Poseidon taking the W
Khione doesn't use energy blasts like Poseidon did. She just made things cold, nobody can tank or scale their durability to an attack that doesn't interact with durability in the first place. Now if she had blasted him with a blast of pure magical energy then we would be having a different discussion to say he scales to the actual energy in the attack.

Pretty impressive. Considering Percy was casually blitzing Carter some time after he did said feat, this would also place him at this level

90 degrees isn’t really that big of a swing lol, I guess I could do 45 but it would still be MHS
Do me a favor, pick something up, then move it 90 degrees in any direction.

90 degrees is a lot for movement of something that you "tilted". In fact it's the extreme high-end.

Where did you get 1.5m from?

Updated the calc with a few changes

Carter said he turned away the lightning, which isn’t a full fledged swing but moreso a tilt. So I’ll assume he moved his staff 45 degrees.

(45) x (pi) x (1.5) / (360) = 0.59 m

0.59/0.000011 = 103965 m/s

Mach 156, Massively Hypersonic

Carter height: 1.68 m

Since wingspan is equal to height, Carter’s arm should be 0.84 m long

Length of a pharaoh’s crook is roughly 0.46 m

0.84 + 0.46 = 1.30 m

(45) x (pi) x (1.30) / (360) = 0.51 m

0.51/0.000011 = 46364 m/s

Mach 135, Massively Hypersonic
Fixed the calc yet again

If you could find the distance between the two it would help

Assuming it’s the same feat as Carter’s though:

(180) x (pi) x (2.0) / (360) = 3.142 m

3.142/0.000011 = 285636 m/s

Mach 832, Massively Hypersonic
It's in the same room, so there's definitely the same cap on how far away he can be. Although they do note that he steps in to hit him with the staff so he likely isn't too far outside of his melee range.

Result could be Massively Hypersonic+ then

Would this scale to Percy?
I believe so. Walt here isn't presented as being particularly faster than Carter and in fact when everyone was caught off guard he was hit by a lightning blast while Carter deflected it. So there shouldn't be a big speed gap between the two.

It’s noted that Carter was also weakened in the scene where he caught the lightning, and Percy can outpace a healthy Carter with relative ease. So I can see an “At least Massively Hypersonic+

It’s noted that Carter was also weakened in the scene where he caught the lightning, and Percy can outpace a healthy Carter with relative ease. So I can see an “At least Massively Hypersonic+
The upscaling is fine. Hopefully I can find a better estimation of the size of the room. The Graphic Novel has some shots of the hall but idk if those are acceptable to use here? They aren't exactly 1:1 adaptations with the novels.

The upscaling is fine. Hopefully I can find a better estimation of the size of the room. The Graphic Novel has some shots of the hall but idk if those are acceptable to use here? They aren't exactly 1:1 adaptations with the novels.
I can take a look and at least see if it’s possible

Yeah, but then again I don't think anyone actually searched the Kane Chronicles for feats so idk maybe he do have some
I'm actually pretty familiar with the series. More so than I am with Percy Jackson even. Any relevant feats the magicians have are magic based and don't scale to their physicals, so nothing Percy could scale to. His best feat is literally just fighting a water-amped Percy and not immediately dying. At best they would be supporting feats for stuff Percy already outscales.

I'm actually pretty familiar with the series. More so than I am with Percy Jackson even. Any relevant feats the magicians have are magic based and don't scale to their physicals, so nothing Percy could scale to. His best feat is literally just fighting a water-amped Percy and not immediately dying. At best they would be supporting feats for stuff Percy already outscales.
I guess that makes sense, since they aren't exactly physical fighters. That said, Horus-Eye Karter did physically fought Seth

Also I just calced Jason’s storm at 282 Megatons, or 7-A.

Rather than assuming 20000 m as an extreme highball, I found out the average size of a thunder cloud (about 10 km long and high) and used that in my equation

Though technically didn't Percy, Annabeth, Karter and Sadie all fought Setne? I'm pretty sure Karter had to use his Horus-Eye state there
Setne stomped everyone there until Percy had water amp+hosting a goddess lol. And no, Carter wasn't hosting Horus. He hasn't hosted Horus at all since the fight with Apophis.

Percy can clash with King Porphyrion and completely halt his charge, and Porphyrion is stated to be able to lift mountains

Jason can also deflect strikes from a giant who was able to shake Mount Diablo
That can work I guess.

Idk why shaking mountains is a Class T feat. Or even a lifting feat at all, since the shaking was done by him striking the floor. It's an fairly unimpressive striking feat (compared to the ratings we're discussing atm)

Idk why shaking mountains is a Class T feat. Or even a lifting feat at all, since the shaking was done by him striking the floor. It's an fairly unimpressive striking feat (compared to the ratings we're discussing atm)
Piper did say that giants could throw mountains
Like it's their lore

Also
Is there a general discussion thread for riordanverse?
The pages are not in a great shape
There's almost zero scans and actually zero references(which i think is now illegal)\

In summary
A verse wide revamp is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back