• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball Striking Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Striking Strength page, it states that

Class XTJ: Physical Strikes are Large Star level to "Solar System level"

Class XPJ: Physical Strikes are "casual Solar System level", but below Multi-Solar System level

As for what this means, considering that most of the cast that are currently rated 4-B are at the lower end of Solar System level, this would mean that their Striking Strength needs to be changed to Class XTJ+, meaning it needs to match their Attack Potency.

If we were to grant Class XPJ striking strength to everyone in 4-B, they should have the "At least" rating as well, considering that this would mean that their AP is at the mid-end of Solar System level.

If this proposal is accepted, just list down the characters that are affected by this and I'll do the changes myself.

I don't think that higher end of a tier and "At least" are related. So it would need to be Solar System level+, but that doesn't seem to be the case here so it should stay as XTJ

They are all at Class XGJ at the moment, which concerns me because we don't know where most of the cast in DBZ/DBS are in terms of 4-B at the moment.

Are they at the lower end of it, or are they at the mid-high end of it?

The gap between the lowest/highest end of 4-B is over a trillion times.

Why not just try and use energy yields that coincide with the ratings than only using the ratings?

The only "calculation" that we have for Solar System level DBZ/DBS is Cell's claim for destroying the solar system with his Kamehameha, which isn't even a calculation.

This also brings me the question

• How much are the Buu Saga characters stronger in comparison to Super Perfect Cell?
  • How much stronger are the main DBS cast (excluding characters w/Universe level AP) in comparison to Super Perfect Cell?
Depending on the answers to these questions, would saying that they are at the mid-end of Solar System level in terms of AP be justifiable?

But yea, Antvasima should answer this.

Even if you wanted to wank hard and say that Buu Saga characters are 100 times stronger than Cell Saga characters, and that DBS bases are 1000 times stronger than Buu Saga characters, it still wouldn't warrant a +, as they wouldn't be half.

I'll give realistic values in a sec.

Lina you should know here that the current Striking Strength method has some problems and should be revised. So i think it's better to not modify the Dragon Ball profiles according to a striking strength page, which has some problems.

Realistically:

Note: The lower end of the each character's spectrum would be casual / low end, the higher end would be when going full out.

Super Perfect Cell = 1 - ~1.5 (Baseline Solar System level, a bit higher as shown by the fact that he boosted up his Solar Kamehameha a tad during the fight.)

Gohan SSJ2 = 2 (Gohan states that he lost half his power during the initial collision of Kamehameha.)

SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta = At least ~2.1

Fat Buu = Easily a 3

SSJ 3 Goku, = Likely a 4 (Equal to Kid Buu despite stamina issues, who easily took on Fat Buu)

SSJ Gotenks = At least a 4 (Goku thought even SSJ Gotenks could take down Buu, despite time limits)

SSJ3 Gotenks, Super Buu = Likely a 10 (Just from the sheer gap between SSJ1 and 3)

Ultimate Gohan = Likely a 15, (Easily took down Super Buu, but couldn't beat Super Buu + Gotenks / Piccolo)

Gotenks Buu = 17.5 - 20

Gohan Buu = 25.5

Vegito SSJ = At least 50 (Even by DBZ standards, this guy was leagues above everyone else.)

Like Cal said, at this point saying even 100x Cell would be wanking, so yeah At least SS level is not warranted.

I agree with SomebodyData, also despite being unclear it's likely that Botamo is 28 and higher for the other 4-B Dragon Ball Super characters.

28? Well personally considering everything, I would put him at a "At least 15"

Then 4th form Frost as a 30 or so, Kabba as a 35, Iron Man at a 40 easily, and etc.

EDIT: Then again, the gap between Namek Saga SSJ Goku and base Goku is at least 40x, so...

Casual Solar System level just means significantly above the minimum requirement (I.e. 5 to 10 times should be enough). You do not have to be millions of times higher.

As I have mentioned before, Polar-kun's old striking strength system is awful, and should preferably be changed to match our attack potency scale at some point, but it is extremely hard to perform in practice.

As all of the profiles in Tier 4 are currently being adjusted to the Standard Format, it is surprising that no one other than Dark649 and me have brought this up before.

Casual Solar System level just means significantly above the minimum requirement (I.e. 5 to 10 times should be enough).

According to our Attack Potency page and its values, the gap between 4-B and 4-A is over a trillion times. As for what this means, 5 to 10 times above baseline Solar System level is just barely above the minimum requirement for 4-B.

@Lina Yes, as I alluded to, Polar-kun's old system is pretty awful, and does not synchronise well with the current Attack Potency scale.

The Dragonball striking strength will be left alone then, although Dark649 should give his final thoughts on this topic before concluding it.

I think this thread should be not be considered for now because of the problems with the current striking strength method, i made a thread for a future revision when the staff will be ready.

Well, if we do a revision in the future, we should strictly stick to using the Attack Potency scale as a template, for simplicity's sake.

Anyway, I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back