• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball specific powers>hax symposium attempt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
welp, looks like the wiki is going to change standards just to deny db stuff!
You can't use examples to make a general rule, thats fallacious, and gets negged the moment even a single piece of counter-evidence appears.
it showed up enough to make a rule

the rule about resistance through force should really be changed
If there is statement that the hax can be beaten through sheer force and it’s a weakness of the attack and not being resisted directly, then there should be no resistance added for beating it
Or or, that Ki can just neg some abilities , because it's ki. No where it's stated that abilities are weaker, just the person against them happens to be strong.
it's like saying "This dude can destroy literal concepts, with raw power. He should get it because "

That doesn't mean anything, though, it's literally just describing what the ability does. Manga =/= Anime, meaning what works in the Manga doesn't work in the Anime, which includes the Time Skip example.
I know, I'm only refering to Time Skip, in both instances both are described literally the same in both instances. I already know they are separate.

Yes, but my point is, in the manga, Hit's time skip was also stated to be Time stop, and in both instances, the Hax is negated by sheer power.
Manga makes his time manipulatin have weaknes, while Anime makes the character that time is used on them, be just soo strong that they can resist it.

Everything seems fine to me aside from Resistance to RW, which just seems to be a weakness of the Dragon

Everything seems fine to me aside from Resistance to RW, which just seems to be a weakness of the Dragon
I actually agree with this. It seems more like a Weakness, rather than characters being sooo strong that they resist RW, but that's just my opinion

Manga makes his time manipulatin have weaknes, while Anime makes the character that time is used on them, be just soo strong that they can resist it.
Still, it's the same as in anime, their Hax just don't work on stronger characters. Is literally the same, it has to do with power levels.

Still, it's the same as in anime, their Hax just don't work on stronger characters. Is literally the same, it has to do with power levels.
No, not really.
Manga makes it a weakness of time skip. While anime makes it strength if the one who resists it. And the user must have high enough ki. not any strong character will get this, it's specifically ki users that has this trait

it doesn't matter how often it shows up, that doesn't suddenly change it to be not fallacious.

its textbook proof by example fallacy
i don't think you know what that fallacy means.

proof by example:

I know that X is such. Therefore, anything related to X is also such.

now did i say this! no! this is what i mean!

X has been shown and explained to be such consistently. Therefore, anything related to X is also such

Also, please, don't be stupid and say "Well what about this hax that didn't get resisted". this thread isn't about giving a strong character resistance to haxs from any weak characters, these are specific haxes that are resisted via high enough ki, thus anyone with high ki, will resist those hax. And before you say "well this character from x series is stronger than jiren, thus he should resist Time manipulations well" no, it doesn't work like that, this trait is literally specific for ki, and ki only.

Also, please, don't be stupid and say "Well what about this hax that didn't get resisted". this thread isn't about giving a strong character resistance to haxs from any weak characters, these are specific haxes that are resisted via high enough ki, thus anyone with high ki, will resist those hax. And before you say "well this character from x series is stronger than jiren, thus he should resist Time manipulations well" no, it doesn't work like that, this trait is literally specific for ki, and ki only.
what does ki have to do with this again?

you know if you don't like db you could try to ignore db threads. It's what I do with verses I don't like on here. I don't downgrade them. That's just petty.
You do realize that was clearly in jest right? Even if I hate a verse like I do DB I look for accuracy first and foremost.

what does ki have to do with this again?
IT HAS TO DO WITH EVERYTHING!!
time manipulation doesn't work on jiren because he has strong ki, hakai doesn't work on vegeta because he has strong ki etc .. you see any coloration? KI is what enables you to resist THESE SPECIFIC HAXES. Having strong enough KI enables you to resist THESE SPECIFIC HAXES.

it doesn't matter how often it shows up, that doesn't suddenly change it to be not fallacious.

its textbook proof by example fallacy
Does not compute

this is like denying Natsu can eat fire. Now, did I say that DB characters can resist all hax ever just by being stronger?

No.

IT HAS TO DO WITH EVERYTHING!!
time manipulation doesn't work on jiren because he has strong ki, hakai doesn't work on vegeta because he has strong ki etc .. you see any coloration? KI is what enables you to resist THESE SPECIFIC HAXES. Having strong enough KI enables you to resist THESE SPECIFIC HAXES.
um
proof?

now if this fallacy discussion begins to derail I'm going to go on a Discord debating server (not a vs debating one, just a general debating server as the people there are smarter) and ask them whether if what I'm doing is a fallacy. If it is, I will concede. If it isn't, I won't concede. Do you understand that?

talking to LeSupremeKing

Wait, was this thread created in hopes of giving every character in the verse resistances or just the characters who have shown resistances?

No, but there is no reason to insult someone without a valid reason to begin with. No one likes to be insult you know?
^
Correct. This isn't comicvine or Spacebattles, no need to insult people over fictional character punch contest

Since when was "dawg" an insult? Slap me on the ass, call me a pussy, and snap my neck, that's like the most light insult if it is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back