• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball specific powers>hax symposium attempt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s dumb. Again, he has no reason to hold back when he’s heard all these things about how strong monaka is
You're acting like they begun to fight. Your points were before the fight even started. He doesn't have a reason to be on guard. Especially when he got hit by a attack, that he wasn't paying attention to.

You're acting like they begun to fight. Your points were before the fight even started. He doesn't have a reason to be on guard. Especially when he got hit by a attack, that he wasn't paying attention to.
Him not paying attention must be a joke, he literally knew everyone was trying to stop him. Besides, he still had trouble breaking out of the telekinesis. However, I’ll probably change my vote to neutral

Him not paying attention must be a joke, he literally knew everyone was trying to stop him. Besides, he still had trouble breaking out of the telekinesis.
The point of the whole episode was just Goku being oblivious of the situation. Where was he aware that everyone was trying to stop him?
However, I’ll probably change my vote to neutral
Bet, progression.

Doesn’t he literally make a comment about it?
Iirc, he just called out Beerus because he was trying to make him do situps. That dosen't really prove he was aware that everyone was trying to stop him from fighting monaka. Perhaps theres a comment I missed that you can link though.

Limited Resistance to Transmutation
S3lu2da.png

The Daizenshuu makes this resistance out to be just a unique trait of Vegito's and not as a result of his power; in fact, the Daizenshuu never even hinted that his resistance was as a result of his power. The OP just took two pieces of a sentence and formed his own interpretation of them.

Resistance to Existence Erasure
Toppo's Hakai is oddly selective. Although, there are some obvious cues telling us when he is destroying something.
  • In this scene, the blasts that Frieza shot at Toppo vanish and are turned into purple sparkles against his destruction aura.
  • Here, a lone rock meets his aura and is then turned into sparkles.
  • Again, in this one, every blast that came towards Toppo was nullified and turned into sparkles.
  • This massive boulder gets turned into sparkles.
  • During his fight with Vegeta, his aura erases a Final Flash, turning it into sparkles.
On the other hand...
That leads me to believe that the Hakai he tossed at Vegeta was not one that erases.

Resistance to Time Stop
Again, stronger characters have also been affected by Time-Skip. In the aftermath of the "Future" Trunks Saga, Blueku was beaten by Hit using his Time-Skip without putting up much of a fight. In the Tournament of Power, Dyspo who is stronger than that was also a helpless victim to the Time-Skip. Hell, even Jiren was briefly affected by Time-Skip and fell prey to Hit's Cage of Time for some time.

No.

Resistance to Toon Force
Not only is his Resistance a one-off thing, but it is never explained why he is resistant, other than the fact that he could erase Arale.

Resistance to Absorption
Goku was able to overpower Bergamo's absorption with just his attacks.
What does this even mean? Goku kept feeding Bergamo more and more energy until he broke, like with Yakon. There is no resistance to be had here. How does this even translate to a Resistance? What is he resisting, the air?

Also, the only reason the barrier Vegito put up worked is because when Buu absorbs and assimilates a target, he has to wrap them up inside of his pink taffy, and since Vegito was protected by a barrier, he was never swallowed and assimilated by the taffy.

He essentially put a plastic bag over himself so he could run into the rain without getting wet.

Resistance to Petrification
Trunks was able to counter it with just ki alone.
wannabackthatup?

Contrary to popular belief, just resisting something in Dragon Ball is not the same as resisting something due to your big dick Ki radiating. None of that energy was shown in the fight. Trunks was just blocking the Stone Spits... somehow... with his bare hands.

Resistance to Gravity Manipulation
No. The characters train to adapt to higher levels of gravity. They cannot just resist gravity, though.

Resistance to Telekinesis
Nappa? Yeah.

But then characters like Gohan and Krillin are affected by an admittedly stronger telekinetic power, but affected nonetheless. Nappa was unaffected by Chiaotzu's power—they just did not work against him. However, Shin was capable of restraining the much stronger Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, and Chiaotzu was capable of at least weighing down on Goku in ******* Super. These people are still affected by Telekinesis. They are just big boys who drink their milk—real strong kiddies.

Limited Resistance to Transmutation
S3lu2da.png

The Daizenshuu makes this resistance out to be just a unique trait of Vegito's and not as a result of his power; in fact, the Daizenshuu never even hinted that his resistance was as a result of his power. The OP just took two pieces of a sentence and formed his own interpretation of them.
Vegito at the time was the strongest, that can be a "special" characteristic. So that statement still fits with the other one. Which mentions strength twice and one of those was in the same sentence as it saying he kept his power.

Resistance to Existence Erasure
Toppo's Hakai is oddly selective. Although, there are some obvious cues telling us when he is destroying something.
  • In this scene, the blasts that Frieza shot at Toppo vanish and are turned into purple sparkles against his destruction aura.
  • Here, a lone rock meets his aura and is then turned into sparkles.
  • Again, in this one, every blast that came towards Toppo was nullified and turned into sparkles.
  • This massive boulder gets turned into sparkles.
  • During his fight with Vegeta, his aura erases a Final Flash, turning it into sparkles.
On the other hand...
That leads me to believe that the Hakai he tossed at Vegeta was not one that erases.
The hakai energy is explicitly stated to erased someone from existence. The notion that it has to make sparkles or something doesn't make sense. Like when Freiza didn't get affected. Even though it was sidras intention. Toppo's is no different effects wise. The way you describe it makes it seem like no one should be resistant at all, even the ones who showed the feats.

Resistance to Time Stop
Again, stronger characters have also been affected by Time-Skip. In the aftermath of the "Future" Trunks Saga, Blueku was beaten by Hit using his Time-Skip without putting up much of a fight. In the Tournament of Power, Dyspo who is stronger than that was also a helpless victim to the Time-Skip. Hell, even Jiren was briefly affected by Time-Skip and fell prey to Hit's Cage of Time for some time.

No.
Hit didn't use the timeskip the second time. Goku even states it won't work on him anymore. Dyspo literally is shown moving in a timeskip. The action was acknowledged as a time skip. Jiren was never affected by normal time skip. He only slowed down when a much more potent time attack was used. But Jiren broke out of it anyways. Then they state it was because of his power.
Resistance to Toon Force
Not only is his Resistance a one-off thing, but it is never explained why he is resistant, other than the fact that he could erase Arale.
Bruh I never said they should scale the Toonforce Resistance. I just wanted a fix On the profile, which I delineated in the op.
Resistance to Absorption

What does this even mean? Goku kept feeding Bergamo more and more energy until he broke, like with Yakon. There is no resistance to be had here. How does this even translate to a Resistance? What is he resisting, the air?

Also, the only reason the barrier Vegito put up worked is because when Buu absorbs and assimilates a target, he has to wrap them up inside of his pink taffy, and since Vegito was protected by a barrier, he was never swallowed and assimilated by the taffy.

He essentially put a plastic bag over himself so he could run into the rain without getting wet.
He bypassed the absorption with his attacks. His attacks were resisting the aboring effect, again its by definition. Ik he used a barrier, it even says it on Goku's profile. I was trying to get something akin to that listed on others. Since ki is analogous. Furthermore these constructs are a propagation of their power.
Resistance to Petrification

wannabackthatup?

Contrary to popular belief, just resisting something in Dragon Ball is not the same as resisting something due to your big dick Ki radiating. None of that energy was shown in the fight. Trunks was just blocking the Stone Spits... somehow... with his bare hands.
He blocked them with using some energy in his hands, it's shows it the fight as well. It was explicitly his ki.
Resistance to Gravity Manipulation
No. The characters train to adapt to higher levels of gravity. They cannot just resist gravity, though.

Resistance to Telekinesis
Nappa? Yeah.

But then characters like Gohan and Krillin are affected by an admittedly stronger telekinetic power, but affected nonetheless. Nappa was unaffected by Chiaotzu's power—they just did not work against him. However, Shin was capable of restraining the much stronger Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, and Chiaotzu was capable of at least weighing down on Goku in ******* Super. These people are still affected by Telekinesis. They are just big boys who drink their milk—real strong kiddies.
It's shown as a stronger Gohan is able to stand in the hyperbolic time chamber without collapsing. For the Telekinesis even you admit where they were affected, it's by a stronger source. Doesn't mean mean someone who can resist that loses that resistance or anything, cause a higher potency attack affects them. With these anyways I said it's naturally with power anyways so if people want to leave it just for their other attributes then that's fine.

unless the verse makes it explicitly clear that said resistance is based on the level of power
I think this statement is being misinterpreted.

What it means is that the verse needs to establish that after reaching a certain level of power, characters gain some sort of resistance.

A valid example of this would be:

MC is at Level 1 or has a PL of 100. It's explicitly stated that anybody who reaches Level 11 or a PL of 1100 gains a resistance to mind control. If MC gets to Level 11 or achieves a PL of 1100, he also achieves said resistance.

Cases where a character's resistance depends on surpassing the PL of the user of the ability tells us more about the limitations of the hax.

An example would be Hit's time stop.

It's apparent that when Goku surpassed Hit's PL, Hit's time stop wasn't effective on him. As soon as Hit improved and got stronger, he was able to time stop Goku again, briefly. Here, the verse doesn't have a statement that establishes that a certain level of power is required to gain resistance to time stop. Here, you just have to be stronger than Hit. Which speaks more about the limitation of Hit's time stop. That being, it doesn't work on beings stronger than himself.

It's apparent that when Goku surpassed Hit's PL, Hit's time stop wasn't effective on him. As soon as Hit improved and got stronger, he was able to time stop Goku again, briefly. Here, the verse doesn't have a statement that establishes that a certain level of power is required to gain resistance to time stop. Here, you just have to be stronger than Hit. Which speaks more about the limitation of Hit's time stop. That being, it doesn't work on beings stronger than himself.
Why wouldn't that mean hit's time skip got stronger when he got stronger?

I think this statement is being misinterpreted.

What it means is that the verse needs to establish that after reaching a certain level of power, characters gain some sort of resistance.

A valid example of this would be:

MC is at Level 1 or has a PL of 100. It's explicitly stated that anybody who reaches Level 11 or a PL of 1100 gains a resistance to mind control. If MC gets to Level 11 or achieves a PL of 1100, he also achieves said resistance.

Cases where a character's resistance depends on surpassing the PL of the user of the ability tells us more about the limitations of the hax.

An example would be Hit's time stop.

I dont really get how its a misinterpretation. Resistance just means "withstand the action or effect of". The reasoning for them withstanding is noted as their power, as shown in the examples. So it fits exactly with how the statement on the resistance page is delineated.

Nullflowerblush and AKM seem to make sense to me.

Should we close this thread then, or is there anything we should do here?

The OP hasn’t really given any solid arguments here to scale hax resistance via power beyond assumptions, so I guess it can be closed.

The OP hasn’t really given any solid arguments here to scale hax resistance via power beyond assumptions, so I guess it can be closed.
What are you talking about. What I listed are objectively not assumptions. That would mean theres no proof, even though there's multiple right in front of you. My premise is they overcome certain abilities with power. Which they're stated ad Nauseum to do it, like jiren stated his power trancended Hits time attacks. Literally you were just spouting abunch of assumptions like Since hit wasn't surprised, Dyspo moving in his time skip doesn't count. 💀

Nullflowerblush and AKM seem to make sense to me.

Even if the other stuff is not added. Imo the Beerus Toonforce resistance should be fixed on his page and the "possibly" removed. It says we don't know if it's due to power. But nothing implies that.

By the way, shouldn't we include Absolute Zero in the list of resistances that characters should potentially scale?

As Vegita has been hit by Hyssop's Absolute Zero attack in the arm and he was relatively fine.

I still thing resistance to Hit time skip still apply to this case, in U6 vs U7 arc when Champa threaten to erase both Hit and Cabba. It clear that Hit did fear Champa mean he know his abilitiy could not work on Champa, and Beerus, Whis and Vos are very nonchalant about the time skip mean they can possibly resist it

Resistance to Hit "time-skip" and Limited Resistance to Buu's Transmutation is two prime example
is the Time Skip really resistance to others characters? Jiren broke the time cage with sheer strength, but he was affected by the time hax, since, he had problems to move and needed to break it with his power, that weakness doesnt really apply to characters that create some short of pocket spaces to trap the enemies

Stop with this Time Skip thing, Hit's "Time skip" is actually Time stop, is actually stated in Toei's official page, Jaco and the Galactic King said it was time stop, even Hit in episodie 71 said that he stopped time.

Stop with this Time Skip thing, Hit's "Time skip" is actually Time stop, is actually stated in Toei's official page, Jaco and the Galactic King said it was time stop, even Hit in episodie 71 said that he stopped time.
but why is it envolved with what I said? i rlly dont know

Jaco and the Galactic King said it was time stop
3k3BZaG.png

IgTrx61.png

even Hit in episodie 71 said that he stopped time.

You seem to have forgotten that Time Freeze is a derivative but nonetheless separate ability from Time-Skip.
is actually stated in Toei's official page
Original JapaneseRough English Translation
0.1秒時間を止めて攻撃をする”時とばし”に、悟空は、0.1秒後の動きを予測して見事に反撃!Goku predicts his movements after 0.1 seconds and brilliantly counterattacks the "Time Skip" that stops the time for 0.1 seconds!

This is just a regurgitation of the simplified explanation Jaco gave to Goku. Would you rather them give you the short, simple, but kind of screwy explanation, or some King Crimson explanation that goes over the laws of physics and linear time to explain how "skipping time" works?
Stop with this Time Skip thing
Also, that is its name.

3k3BZaG.png

IgTrx61.png

You seem to have forgotten that Time Freeze is a derivative but nonetheless separate ability from Time-Skip.

Original JapaneseRough English Translation
0.1秒時間を止めて攻撃をする”時とばし”に、悟空は、0.1秒後の動きを予測して見事に反撃!Goku predicts his movements after 0.1 seconds and brilliantly counterattacks the "Time Skip" that stops the time for 0.1 seconds!

This is just a regurgitation of the simplified explanation Jaco gave to Goku. Would you rather them give you the short, simple, but kind of screwy explanation, or some King Crimson explanation that goes over the laws of physics and linear time to explain how "skipping time" works?

Also, that is its name.

He stills stopping time anyways.

Hit himself declared that he stopped time when he was about to kill the mob Boss.

And Jaco, simplified and explained that Hit was indeed freezing time.

Hit himself declared that he stopped time when he was about to kill the mob Boss.
Yes.
He developed that ability during the Tournament of Destroyers, but it is not the same thing as ordinary Time-Skip.
And Jaco, simplified and explained that Hit was indeed freezing time.
The Galactic King and Vados both stated that Hit could skip through time. Goku said he was confused by the explanation the Galactic King gave, and Jaco summed it up from a simplified, outside perspective. Hit skipping through time would make it appear as though the target was frozen in time, but he is not freezing time with Time-Skip alone.

Yes.
He developed that ability during the Tournament of Destroyers, but it is not the same thing as ordinary Time-Skip.

The Galactic King and Vados both stated that Hit could skip through time. Goku said he was confused by the explanation the Galactic King gave, and Jaco summed it up from a simplified, outside perspective. Hit skipping through time would make it appear as though the target was frozen in time, but he is not freezing time with Time-Skip alone.
He can do both abilities.

I think we might need to add examples of which cases are valid cases where a verse makes it clear that resistance is gained by achieving a fixed level of power, and which cases are not, as I explained in my previous post. But that's not for this thread in particular.

Okay. I am fine with if we close this then.

the only thing I've learned from this mess is that hit's ability makes no sense at all and I hate dargon bowls supper it's the worst show ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back