• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball specific powers>hax symposium attempt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because the power is the cause of the Negation. The abilities still have the same effect as the haxs. Just like how we give them abilites such as creating portal with power, we should give them resistances.
in other words the hax can be beaten by power, and you don’t actually need a resistance to it for it to not work
Sorry but this thread kinda debunks itself

Still, Gravity manip should still be listed thanks to te verse showings of characters resisting Gravity x10000 (even higher) than Earth's one.

YES

Because it's a shitty way of doing things. I'll make the CRT to remove it immediately.
Sorry to ruin it for you....BUT This Power>Hax thing got already accepted recently to be case by case, if there is explicit context or statement in which the Hax is resisted by power.

To sum it up
At worst, your evidence saying “the attack can be beaten if the opponent is stronger than them!” Is heavily implying that anybody, regardless of their resistances, can simply overpower the hax if they have enough power
At best, it’s completely ambiguous and isn’t even enough for a “possible” resistance to be added to the profile.
If you beat something with power. By definition. You're resisting it.
If my fireball attack lights people on fire, but people with shoes on aren’t affected by it, does everybody with shoes get resistance to fire manipulation? No, it’s just a weakness of the attack. As I said, at best it’s completely ambiguous, but realistically there’s no reason this should go through

Their gravity stuff is just LS, not resistance, at best it is limited or just them being adept like goku's page says

To sum it up
At worst, your evidence saying “the attack can be beaten if the opponent is stronger than them!” Is heavily implying that anybody, regardless of their resistances, can simply overpower the hax if they have enough power
At best, it’s completely ambiguous and isn’t even enough for a “possible” resistance to be added to the profile.

If my fireball attack lights people on fire, but people with shoes on aren’t affected by it, does everybody with shoes get resistance to fire manipulation? No, it’s just a weakness of the attack. As I said, at best it’s completely ambiguous, but realistically there’s no reason this should go through
This Power>Hax thing got already accepted recently to be case by case, if there is explicit context or statement in which the Hax is resisted by power.

Yeah I figured this CRT would eventually become Power > Hax Vs Weakness of the Hax.

I know it's an old argument but let's go through it thoroughly so we can get the misconceptions out the way and actually make some progress with this debate.

I know this debate is never-ending but I did say to be optimistic.

Yeah I figured this CRT would eventually become Power > Hax Vs Weakness of the Hax.

I know it's an old argument but let's go through it thoroughly so we can get the misconceptions out the way and actually make some progress with this debate.

I know this debate is never-ending but I did say to be optimistic.
Just show them this:

This Power>Hax thing got already accepted recently to be case by case, if there is explicit context or statement in which the Hax is resisted by power.

For the record, the thread is completely wrong, but I think it’s pointless for everybody to argue unless they wanna change the rules of the wiki

As much as I wish I could agree with this thread, after thinking about it for a few seconds….

It’s just that, if the hax can be beaten via superior strength, then wouldn’t that just mean the hax is limited, not that they would have resistance to it?
That.

We have to clearly distinguish whether this is due to a hax being a limitation to the hax, or if characters in dragon ball can just overpower certain hax in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back