• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball specific powers>hax symposium attempt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with this strength = resistance nonsense. If we’re going to seriously buy this, we have to ignore the following:

*boss rabbit being a threat to goku via his carrot touch despite being weaker
*Chiaotzu being able to paralyze goku despite being weaker than goku
*Devilman being able to affect anyone stronger than him with his “blowing up their heart” move
*The Mafuba working on anyone stronger than the person who uses it
*Ginyu being able to swap bodies with Goku, potentially vegeta, and frieza's men
*Guldo's timefreeze working on people stronger than him
*Guldo's paralysis working on gohan and krillin
*Android 19 and 20 being able to absorb ki from someone stronger than them
*Poison affecting Goku in the Universe 6 tournament
*literally anytime Buu absorbs characters far stronger than them.

Disagree with this strength = resistance nonsense. If we’re going to seriously buy this, we have to ignore the following:
This Power>Hax thing got already accepted recently to be case by case, if there is explicit context or statement in which the Hax is resisted by power.

*Devilman being able to affect anyone stronger than him with his “blowing up their heart” move
*Ginyu being able to swap bodies with Goku, potentially vegeta, and frieza's men
As said before, we won't give people resistance to the haxes that clearly ignore the strength stuff.

We aren't doing "If a person Has a hax, but weaker than goku, it won't work"
We are doing "This specific hax was resisted via having high Ki, thus everyone who has higher ki than the person who resists it, will get it."

1. Resistance to Reality Warping

Its common knowledge that shenron can't affect people who are stronger than his creator.
https://r.mangaowls.com/reader/178/404943/0?tr=nYQxGeYV+GwRZifOND+CRg==&s=aHR0cHM6Ly9tYW5nYW93bC5uZXQ=
Magic and Ki are completely unrelated.
2. Resistance to Transmutation

Vegito was stated to keep his form because of power.

i... don't know what to say about this one.
3. Resistance to EE/Soul destruction
Vegeta said he'll give an attack too powerful to destroy, which he did. There's more proof but that should be enough.

Typical Vegeta boast.

Nothing suggests that the Hakai is based on the user's strength. The Power of Destruction and Ki are two different powers. It is destruction, and it can be resisted so long as you have plot armor. Beerus erased Zamasu without any resistance, but Sidra's Energy of Destruction was dominated by Golden Frieza who then attacked a base form Goku with it who then also proceeded to resist it.
4. Resistance to Time Stop

Goku with just a stat increase was able to negate the time skip.
He saw through it, but he did not negate it.
Which one of the effects of the time skip is to freeze people in place.
Which he was.
Furthermore, Jiren surpassed time with raw power and negated Hit's time abilities.
'Cause Jiren.
6. Resistance to Absorption

Goku was able to overpower Bergamo's absorption with just his attacks.
what?
Furthermore Vegito created a barrier to not be affected by Buu's absorption.
Because he was not eaten by Buu. He was protected by a barrier, so his goop never absorbed him.
7. Resistance to Petrification

Trunks was able to counter it with just ki alone.
The sword broke.
8. Resistance to Gravity/Telekinesis

Both of these are logically Resisted via power in general. Characters training with gravity far higher times stronger than Earth's one, adapting to it through sheer power.

responding to some of your posts

the point is that higher pl = resistance to your enemy's hax, it doesn't have to rely on the same power system at all

Goku did not negate Time Skip

pa5WgVC4oS4hkCi5R7v1xZq0i7c5mRlC6UVQw0Gl4Pve7p_ASYPQIAJGLmmzwFtYtnw9UTPcrvnDNcFu0RvQ1pzTOfjfN8TQPjafIWVKDXssxJOWM23NNljI6iCQ2pRfsFyO

yeah really doubting that bud
'Cause Jiren.

jiren is in db, ergo everyone else gets it

Typical Vegeta boast.

Nothing suggests that the Hakai is based on the user's strength. The Power of Destruction and Ki are two different powers. It is destruction, and it can be resisted so long as you have plot armor. Beerus erased Zamasu without any resistance, but Sidra's Energy of Destruction was dominated by Golden Frieza who then attacked a base form Goku with it who then also proceeded to resist it.
In all fairness, Vegeta was able to just punch through one of Toppo's Hakai spheres by coating his fist in the same aura as his SSBE aura, where as Golden Frieza couldn't hold back a Hakai sphere from Toppo in an earlier episode, but generally I'm in agreement with all that you said.
pa5WgVC4oS4hkCi5R7v1xZq0i7c5mRlC6UVQw0Gl4Pve7p_ASYPQIAJGLmmzwFtYtnw9UTPcrvnDNcFu0RvQ1pzTOfjfN8TQPjafIWVKDXssxJOWM23NNljI6iCQ2pRfsFyO

Manga only lol

So where does it remotely say Vegito kept his form because of power? The scan literally says even after being turned into a candy ball his power remained the same. At best this is a limited resistance since he still turned into a candy ball. If he had flat out resistance he wouldn’t turn period.

also Shenron isn’t exactly the best example to use when it’s a limit to his power that he cannot kill people or make them weaker, but anytime they grant wishes for people far stronger than the dragon it still works. So I don’t see reality warping resistance there. Especially given how inconsistent it is to argue shenron cannot affect those stronger than him in general.

Last time I checked Vegeta’s attacks were all being erased by Toppo’s power, and needed a suicide attack to take him out, unless there’s some missing context I don’t see EE resistance here.

Goku’s timeskip is a limited resistance at best given he only flat out resisted it in KKX10 SSB. And hit ended up adapting his timeskip to affect him harder.

you need to prove that Beerus would resist toonforce with sheer power alone, if that’s not stated then you’re making assumptions here.

Do you have scans of bergamo’s stuff? Also Vegito still got taken inside of Buu, he wasn’t completely absorbed just because he had the barrier to not let Buu’s body part touch his body like it did with every character that did get absorbed, so at best this would be a resistance via ki barrier.

I’m pretty sure he deflected all the spit away with his ki blasts and it didn’t touch his body, if it touched his body and it was turning to stone and he broke out of it then I can see that, otherwise no I don’t see resistance here.

they don’t adapt to it with sheer power, they literally train in the gravity to become used to the gravity. That’s the main reason Goku Vegeta and anyone else who trained in the time chamber is unaffected by 10X gravity because they got used to the gravitational pull.

It isn't for all hax, he listed certain specific hax and cited evidence why resisting it is directly related to strength. Its fair.

@Meganova_Stella where does it say strength? You need to prove they flat out refer to strength, all that’s said there is it won’t work on Beerus, no how or why, just that it won’t work.

@LeSupremeKing1 did you read my next post afterwards? Because I addressed the specific hax’s he’s arguing to be resisted.

Whis said that "Hit's time skip" (stated multiple times in the manga that is time Stop) only works on people with his power level ir weaker. It's blantatly stated that it doesn't work if there is a huge difference of power.

@Meganova_Stella where does it say strength? You need to prove they flat out refer to strength, all that’s said there is it won’t work on Beerus, no how or why, just that it won’t work.
It was implied, especially with what I said before. There's no need to explicitly call it out when you have this many examples of power > hax.

Firstly, manga-only.
Secondly, that is a weakness of Time-Skip—the ability becomes less effective against opponents comparable to Hit.
where as Golden Frieza couldn't hold back a Hakai sphere from Toppo in an earlier episode
Oh, yeah.
But, on that note, Frieza was weaker than Toppo by a vast margin and survived his Hakai in base.
Same mechanics as anime
not even close...
arale's toonforce wouldn't work on beerus
Power was never mentioned as a factor. Whis just stated that it would not work on Beerus, and that he would erase Arale. That just appears to be more of a side-effect of being a God of Destruction than a result of him being more powerful than Arale.
(Chioatzu v Nappa)
Telekinesis and Toon Force are incomparable.

Firstly, manga-only.
Doesn't count for anything. Still canon.
not even close...
Is close. Unless you're implying that DBS Manga has totally different mechanics from the anime.
Power was never mentioned as a factor. Whis just stated that it would not work on Beerus, and that he would erase Arale. That just appears to be more of a side-effect of being a God of Destruction than a result of him being more powerful than Arale.

Which is simpler:

Beerus is immune to Arale's toonforce because he is a God of Destruction, and this property isn't mentioned ever again

Or:

Beerus is immune to Arale's toonforce because he is stronger, a fact backed up by the rest of the series

Firstly, manga-only.
Secondly, that is a weakness of Time-Skip—the ability becomes less effective against opponents comparable to Hit.

Read this:

This Power>Hax thing got already accepted recently to be case by case, if there is explicit context or statement in which the Hax is resisted by power.

@LeSupremeKing1 did you read my next post afterwards? Because I addressed the specific hax’s he’s arguing to be resisted.
Yeah and i agree with all of the abilities you addressed except the existence erasure one and the time manip one. Didn't read it until later.

i... don't know what to say about this one.

Typical Vegeta boast.

He saw through it, but he did not negate it.

Which he was.

'Cause Jiren.

what?

Because he was not eaten by Buu. He was protected by a barrier, so his goop never absorbed him.

The sword broke.
1- Shenron literally states he can't do shit to anyone thats stronger than him or his curator. Strength is measured with ki. Guess who uses ki? 99%of db characters.
3- "vegeta's typical boast" Meanwhile: vegeta causally giving toppo a ki attack/punch coated WIth ki strong enough to resist Hakai.
lliterary using his energy [god ki] and raising it soo high that can't be erased. It literally screams "My ki si soo strong that you can't erase it".
'Cause jiren' most bland character, with bland Movest, normal ki and was able to resist it because he was strong. even angles said "time means shit against jiren, jiren is that strong". Yeah, so anyone who's stronger in jiren in db will get time resistance.
Stone spit was resisted by just coating your body with ki [Trunks]. You literally just need basic ki control and be as strong as trunks to resist it.
So yes, having high enough ki resist these specific abilities. You hear me?

There’s a blatant statement that hit’s time skip doesn’t work on people stronger than him, sorry but all the arguments against it are absolutely pathetic. That’s not resistance, that’s power. Also the manga isn’t the anime, this has been established for years now

the rule about resistance through force should really be changed
If there is statement that the hax can be beaten through sheer force and it’s a weakness of the attack and not being resisted directly, then there should be no resistance added for beating it

There’s a blatant statement that hit’s time skip doesn’t work on people stronger than him, sorry but all the arguments against it are absolutely pathetic. That’s not resistance, that’s power. Also the manga isn’t the anime, this has been established for years now
But the thing is, in both anime and manga, Hit's time skip is literally sated to be Time stop.

And, did you really insult me with that word?🙄

Manga and anime are completely separate, also goku resisted Hit after going Kk10, guess what does that do? raises your ki.
Yes, but my point is, in the manga, Hit's time skip was also stated to be Time stop, and in both instances, the Hax is negated by sheer power.

But the thing is, in both anime and manga, Hit's time skip is literally sated to be Time stop.
That doesn't mean anything, though, it's literally just describing what the ability does. Manga =/= Anime, meaning what works in the Manga doesn't work in the Anime, which includes the Time Skip example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back