• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest VIII Profile Tiers

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
Hello, one of the long projects of mine since around 2016 has been to make profiles on Dragon Quest VIII. as luck would have it, I got a copy of Dragon Quest VIII along with VII for the 3DS for my birthday, permitting me to start my project instead of the predicted Christmas time of 2017. As so, I found little feats in VIII, mostly averaging with "he will destroy the town" or "world"

I made a blog comprising of the more relevant feats

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:FanofRPGs/Dragon_Quest_VIII,_about_Rhapthorne

With this, it seems Dragon Quest VIII may be 2-C. Does it seem justified enough? If this is accepted, I too would need to ensue revisions for Dragon Quest IV and V, given that the Goddess has more proof of creating many universes.

Did see the blog and honestly, i think the proof is solid for a 2-C rating

I am too tired to properly evaluate this. My apologies.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am quite iffy with "Fusing two worlds" feats, honestly. I am unsure what to think.
The problem is that, with Mortamor for comparison. It is explicitly stated Mortamor manifested an entire universe into a new copy universe and then would use his power to have his own universe to engulf these two universes. Here, Rhapthorne has no such elaboration, only that he will reunite the two worlds (Which are universes) back into the original universe of chaos, and become the lord of All Creation. It is not as clearcut as feats in earlier games.

Bump

So, would it be best to assume he would use his magical power to reuinte the two universes back to the primordial chaos universe?

'k, looking from the outside, paying attention to the blog and reading here, I think this sounds solid, so i would have no problem supporting it... But as it is said, it could be because I'm not that well versed in the series as a whole. For now I'll stay neutral and probably go along with what others decide in the end, unless I'm missing something or a consensus is not made in a long while, in which case I may express my support to the arguments of one side or another, that I find more reasonable later.

^ True here, i too am not an expert at this franchise, and it all looks solid for me as of now, if there is an argument against this one (a valid one to be specific) i too will have to look at it and see which one is more reasonable

Now let us pray for the Almighty Spinne to release his blessing upons us

Yeah, I think a Tier 2 rating is legitimate. Not sure if an "At least Low 2-C" or "2-C" is better here though.

Darkanine said:
Yeah, I think a Tier 2 rating is legitimate. Not sure if an "At least Low 2-C" or "2-C" is better here though.
I think at least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C would be the best action.

Keep in mind this, along with other proof I will showcase later, is to make Dragon Quest IV and V upgraded to 2-C too.

Because the hero fought Estark, can we assume he had immeasurable speed? There aren't really any speed feats for VIII, so maybe we put unknown, immeasurable post-game?

The feat sounds from where I stand. I haven't played DQ VIII though.

I tried reading the Japanese, but the Kanji and grammar confused the heck out of me, so I'm not that much help there.

So I think its been agreed? The only unsure is Matt, I would like more elaboration from him on his opinon if it is his magic power?

So should I first upgrade Estark then get onto the pages? Dragon Quest VIII is proof The Goddess made multiple universes, Estark is stronger than a being that is stated many times to > The Goddess, and that he uses her power which let's him be more powerful than her.

Please remember that we have changed our standards for immeasurable and infinite Speed. We simply haven't started a revision for the profiles that have the ratings yet.

Either Estark or Psaro (I forget which, but they scale off each other anyway) were said to have transcended space and time, and be completely beyond space-time by another source. I believe you were okay with them being Immeasurable in a recent thread but I dunno if that was after or before the change.

@Ant Okay legit, where did this discussion about nulling any void feat happen? It seems most admins I've talked to aren't aware of it.

Darkanine said:
Either Estark or Psaro (I forget which, but they scale off each other anyway) were said to have transcended space and time, and be completely beyond space-time by another source. I believe you were okay with them being Immeasurable in a recent thread but I dunno if that was after or before the change.
It was Estark

The American version of Monsters says he exists beyond its boundaries, while the Japanese text states he exist unaffected by its existence. Another game says he causes destruction "transcending dimensions"

Back