• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asking to get some DQ feats analyzed

By suggestion of Armorchompy, I’m creating an additional thread so some Dragon Quest feats get properly analyzed. I might post here if any confusion gets run into on the discussion thread on feats. There’s three feats I want to ask for. I’m wondering if these are viable arguments and if not, what would work better for replacement.

Mortamor does a Dormamuu

During the later portion of DQ6 and the ending, its pretty well laid out that Mortamor was going to absorb 2 worlds into his Dread Realm, the Real World and the Dream World. It’s also laid out that he actively planned to do the same to every world in the verse. This is mainly to see if Mortamor could scale to the cosmology by supposedly being able to sustain it into his realm.

Scans:

2-C Evidence

2-B Evidence

The argument:
Mortamor having direct control over the Dread Realm to absorb other worlds would also mean he should be able to sustain them given it’s his plan to conquer them. Given he plans to absorb every world, would it be reasonable to assume he should be able to sustain those as well if he plans on conquering them?

Potential Immeasurable Speed Feat

The monster description basically states that it can cross space and time. This feat may entirely depend on interpretation but I could see it as an immeasurable feat for supposedly crossing time

The Estark One

So this one is very debatable but I see a power out of this. Normally, beyond space and time feats are worth nothing but the way the game words it, it’s pretty straight forward.

“Exists beyond the boundaries of space and time” seems to have a clear referral to the character itself being beyond spatial temporal dimensions rather than an immeasurable feat. The Japanese version describes him as being unaffected by space and time. The way it’s described, I think Estark could get BDE1 but it depends.

But anyway, that’s it for feats and stuff, I kinda need this since these weren’t analyzed on the discussion thread and this should hopefully help get attention.

My issue with the 2-B stuff for Mortamor is that I don't necessarily think that just by absorbing universes into his realm it means he now needs to sustain them if they previously sustained themselves just fine. As for Estark I don't really see that as anything concrete, just sorta hype.

My issue with the 2-B stuff for Mortamor is that I don't necessarily think that just by absorbing universes into his realm it means he now needs to sustain them if they previously sustained themselves just fine. As for Estark I don't really see that as anything concrete, just sorta hype.
The thing with sustenance feats is that you need to sustain the realm itself and if that realm keeps getting bigger, you have to sustain something of that size, so if Mortamor actively planned to keep absorbing more and more universes, he’d be sustaining a realm of multiversal size while not directly sustaining the individual universes he absorbs. Estark is debatable but I still see something with it.

I can see how this would be pretty contentious, though personally I think 2-B and Immeasurable speed should be fine

What’s your opinion on Estark statement?
Ngl I thought about it some more and I talked myself into switching to neutral for Immeasurable speed. I can see the argument, but I’m not sure where I stand on it atm (same goes for the Estark statement)

It's just generic hype, "beyond space and time" is pretty common.

It's just generic hype, "beyond space and time" is pretty common.
That isn’t even the immeasurable feat though? The immeasurable speed feat is the Bilhaw “crossing space and time” which has a completely different meaning then being “beyond space and time” which by itself with no evidence means nothing. If you’re referring to Estark, the wording itself directly specifies he’s beyond spatial-temporal boundaries and is unaffected by them (in translation). He also kinda shows different things that support that idea, I’ll post what I can of them later, but the statement itself is pretty specific and not “hype” since it isn’t even using the same wording.

Oh the Bilhaw one is just time travel/tp, I thought you were referring to Estark since that'd be Immeasurable too. But idk what you want me to say I'm not gonna give Low 1-C and Immeasurable to a character just because they're started to be "above dimensions" unless it's clear the developers actually know what that means

Oh the Bilhaw one is just time travel/tp, I thought you were referring to Estark since that'd be Immeasurable too. But idk what you want me to say I'm not gonna give Low 1-C and Immeasurable to a character just because they're started to be "above dimensions" unless it's clear the developers actually know what that means
The statement doesn’t specify a power used to travel. Time Travel wouldn’t work because thats specifically traveling to another point in time, while Bilhaw travels to other dimensions by “crossing space and time.” I could see the whole point being moot if there isn’t a solid answer but it’s either referring to an immeasurable feat by physically crossing through or it’s worth nothing since the method of travel isn’t specified.

Where did you pull Low 1-C from? Being beyond/unaffected by dimensional boundaries doesn’t automatically make you Low 1-C. Even type 2 where you are superior them by nature wouldn’t warrant a higher tier because you aren’t necessarily existing on a higher plane because you transcend the lower one.

I’m arguing BDE Type 1 for Estark at the very least.

Just to tally:

Mortamor 2-B Feat:

Agree: 1 (Clover)

Neutral: 0

Disagree: 1 (Armor)

Bilhaw Immeasurable:

Agree: 0

Neutral: 1 (Clover)

Estark Exists Beyond Stuff:

Agree: 0

Neutral: 1 (Clover)

The statement doesn’t specify a power used to travel. Time Travel wouldn’t work because thats specifically traveling to another point in time, while Bilhaw travels to other dimensions by “crossing space and time.” I could see the whole point being moot if there isn’t a solid answer but it’s either referring to an immeasurable feat by physically crossing through or it’s worth nothing since the method of travel isn’t specified.
I think you'd need to specifically prove it's done through raw speed.
Where did you pull Low 1-C from? Being beyond/unaffected by dimensional boundaries doesn’t automatically make you Low 1-C. Even type 2 where you are superior them by nature wouldn’t warrant a higher tier because you aren’t necessarily existing on a higher plane because you transcend the lower one.
Yeah true
I’m arguing BDE Type 1 for Estark at the very least.
BDE is like, 1-A, I think this'd be HDE.

I think you'd need to specifically prove it's done through raw speed.

Yeah true

BDE is like, 1-A, I think this'd be HDE.
Probably.

BDE has no tier association whatsoever lol. It wouldn’t, both are two completely different things. BDE is being independent of spatial-temporal dimensions, while HDE is just existing on a plane higher than a 3 dimensional plane. For Estark to be that, he’d have to be a 4-dimensional or higher character, which he isn’t.

Back