• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest IX revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
At the end of Dragon Quest IX, Celestria was able to turn all the celestrians into stars

https://youtu.be/hhdZjPBNtOY?t=309

This would make Celestria 4-A, and it should be safe to assume Zenus > Celestria (Zenus IS Celestria's dad).

Corvus, in his base form, while shackled and chained and tired, managed to one-shot Zenus from another realm, and shatter him into many different beings with his power, and the hero was able to fight and defeat Corvus's true form.

So, that means Corvus and the DQIX hero should in fact be 4-A.

Furthermore, the definition for the Galaxyrang is this

"A rip-roaring 'rang glorified for its galaxy-gashign get-up-and-go"

Now, assuming this is not hyperbole, "gashing a galaxy" would most assumably be 4-A

Lastly, the Solar Flair in Japanese is called "Òé░Òâ®Òâ│ÒâëÒâìÒâôÒâÑÒâ®" (Grand Nebula) in japanese, and according to the Dragon Quest wiki, "It bathes a group of enemies with damaging cosmic light from the very heart of the Milky Way." According to the ingame, it "Sends a searing nebula to engulf the enemy"

But could this warrant 4-A Dragon Quest IX?

I don't see anything significant in the link that you provided that would warrant a MSS rating for these guys, but I'll wait until more people reply.

Well, technically Zenus and Celestia are equal, but 4-A sounds good to me.

I don't want to mess with Grotto/Legacy Bosses until I can play Dragon Quest VII/VIII. IDK though, as you are supposed to have fought a grotto boss way back in the early-mid game (You are automatically given a grotto map in Zere Rocks). It is possible, if feats back it up within them, that the hero could get a third rating for fighting several tier 2 legacy bosses. However; I need to play DQVII/VIII and I only have VIII, and only on my father's tablet at that.

Atlas would have two keys, maybe that could work? It would be 6-A for Dragon Quest II, and 4-A for Dragon Quest IX? As for the fact that the hero could fight the grotto bosses so early in the game, that can be written of as inconsistency?

Is there anything more supporting Zenus > Celestia, because bloodlines don't exactly provide any proper scaling.

SomebodyData said:
Is there anything more supporting Zenus > Celestia, because bloodlines don't exactly provide any proper scaling.
Zenus is the creator and god of the DQIX world. They should be comparable at the very least.

Hmmm, I'm still not sure, especially considering how often in fiction the creator is surpassed by the created, which by the way, from what you're showing, happens in this verse.

Perhaps, there is some other way of scaling? Did they every state one is stronger or fight?

SomebodyData said:
Hmmm, I'm still not sure, especially considering how often in fiction the creator is surpassed by the created, which by the way, from what you're showing, happens in this verse.
Perhaps, there is some other way of scaling? Did they every state one is stronger or fight?

Zenus was about to one-shot the earth because he decided that humans were horrible creatures, and Celestria shot out a blast which negated Zenus's blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back