• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: What if edition

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
What if killing was allowed in the ToP?

Asuming only the ones who'd do it in character (i.e. Frieza and the purple assassin) would actually do it... What would have happened? Would it make any difference?

Dragon ball super grand priest arc prediction by runzaman-dbhdh9g

I think Universe 6 would have stayed in a lot longer if killing was allowed since Hit would use his assassination techniques to quickly kill off many opponents, Freezie pop would likely kill a bunch of of fighters because that's his thing. If the GoD Toppo vs Golden Frisbe fight were to still happen, Freezing would be dead in seconds considering the only reason he didn't die in the show was because Toppo wasn't allowed to kill him.

Pretty sure Frost, Frieza etc. would go on a killing spree, Jiren doesn't need to hold back fully and can one shot kill any threat. For the other characters we don't really know if they'd be willing to kill, most likely Kale in her berserker state on the top of my head

Jiren wins via making ki shields around his fellow pride troopers and simplyshooting homing ki blasts towards everyone else.

OuterversalSaibaman said:
Jiren wins via making ki shields around his fellow pride troopers and simplyshooting homing ki blasts towards everyone else.
If I'm not mistaken, according to guidebooks and interviews and such, Jiren is against ever killing his opponents. Also according to the manga, although that isn't really canon. Point is though, even if he does it for totally selfish reasons of being the strongest all on his own, Jiren is very much a "hero of justice" back in his universe, and adheres to certain moral codes as a result of that. I actually highly doubt he would have just gone around one-shot-killing people in the tournament, had it been allowed.

Of course, when Goku pissed him off and triggered his PTSD with his Power of Friendship Speech, Jiren kinda forgot about his stance against killing and tried to freaking kill all Goku's friends and his own comrades too. . . .lmao.

Three things I am sure of are that:

1. Frieza would have done even better than he did

and

2. Universe 6 would have probably stayed in the tournament longer, or at least eliminated far more competitors than they did, thanks to Hit not having to hold back. As we saw in his rematch with Goku on Earth, Hit is MUCH more effective in combat when he is allowed to use his killing techniques without holding back. I almost felt like Zen'o and the Grand Priest totally screwed Hit and U6 over by not allowing killing in the ToP, it really wasn't fair considering that U6's strongest fighter is an assassin and is only at his best when allowed to kill.

3. Frost would have killed Roshi when he had the chance

Back