• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super vs Dragon Ball GT

Animation? GT is superior.

Story? both are meh so far, may change with the upcoming Super arc though. Draw.

And I like watching Stuff in Dub if it's good.

So yeah. Sadly I would take GT over Super.

Animatio

GT overall, but it is overall meh. When DBS gets it right, it gets it right

GT 6/10

Story

Dragon Ball Super for these last 3 arcs have been pretty good, they have not reached total fanfiction level, but this new arc does.

DBS 6/10

Villians

DBS by far, Hitto, Beerus, and Freeza >>>> Bebi and #17

DBS 8/10

SSJ4 vs SSJG

Originally I would have picked SSJ4, but SSJB makes me love the gods

DBS 8/10

Overall DBS wins

as for me, i like dbs more than i liked dbgt

the fights have been better so far (ofc even tho ep 5 was bad)

and i like the new direction dbs is taking with the gods, itss got a whole lot of potential for a massive lore

will be disapointing if they dont capitalize on the opportunities they have now

Animation: Super is WAY superior especially the fight between Beerus and Goku, the Universe 6 arc plus other scenes that involves Planet destructions, universal shockwaves, galaxies, the animation was so goddamn beautiful. Aside from that, only Revival of F animation was horribly done. GT animation wasn't even that good tbh, most of the fights were so boring, lacking destruction and tension, while Super delivered almost everything we've wanted, goosebumps from seeing the SSB kaioken transformation, planet's destructions was on point, great comedy and a freaking STTGL-sized drago

Story line: Definitely Super with the current pace, the whole Shadow dragon saga and the explore the universe thing ruined GT plus too many plot holes and mistakes

Characters: Super by far has better character developments. And Pan in GT is annoying as hell The Super Shenron himself alone already beat every character in GT, not a contest.

Antagonist/Villains: We haven't seen a real antagonist in Super but i bet it's going to be in the future Trunks arc. So i have hope for Super. About GT? meh aside from Baby, every other villain sucks so bad

Designs: I love SS4 and SS4 Gogeta but thanks to SSG that expanded the whole Dragonball Lore, so imma choose SSG

Super wins in all categories, but animation. However, Toei has declared that they will starting taking more time to work on the animation, so it wil exceed GT. Story, well this next arc is really Super's shot at proving to be the successor to DBZ.

And a worthy one, that's not like AF, and that isn't just to troll people, but actually exist as an unedited series.

I like GT overall wayyyy better than Super. Better animation, story, and fights. Super has better comedy and slice of life episodes. Thats about it. Super would be better if the story made sense and connected to DB and Z, and if it wasn't so inconsistent with Z and itself. GT was inconsistent as well, but by the RoF Arc of Super was more inconsistent than all of GT. And I know this wiki says differently, but the DBS and DBGT characters' powers are not as far apart as you think, and if fanything, GT would be the one ahead based on in universe statments and guidebooks, not how this wiki specifically rates power. Overall, I like GT better. I think it's pretty good. Super is entertaining, but not good (As of episode 52. It could get better in the future.)

I would say GT, both GT and Super are awful, but at least GT has better animation and more sense. If I had a third option, I'll choice DBM above those two

DBS is way better then GT. It has better fights and the new characters are awesome and its more entertaining then just watching goku all the time and hearing pan say Grandpa.

Overall, I still prefer GT. It had a more steady power progression that felt real and earned, as opposed to Super that number from Solar system lever to Universal in 12 episodes. As a result, there was a greater sense of tension in each fight, as much as I am coming around on Super, so far I can't see any threat that couldn't immediately be solved by Beerus. The animation was also better imo, though super has improved a good bit. Super still has a lot of time to pull ahead though.

GT has more original ideas and it isn't canon, so it's basically fanfiction. And why would I care about bad fanfiction?

Besides, the animation is better, and Gohan isn't shafted as much as he is in Super (which is goddamn impressive because he was shafted in GT).

They literally have the 2 best villians in DB history, Beerus and Black (Though I have a bias towards Buu), though I dislike him I do understand why some people like Baby

Animation was carp way worse then GT as of Champa arc it was meh and now is on par if not better then GT so right now GT still has it.

Characters go to Super because name one charcater in GT as lovable as Zeno or as intresting and mysterious as Black or Zamasu.

Story to Super because GT bored me to a point where I skipped the first like 15-20 episodes and there has never been a ark in DB and even when retelling theBeerus ark I atlest kept coming back for the characters and the comedy...but mostly the feats,U6 ark was better then all of GT and same goes for episode 47.

Fights:Goku vs Beerus,70% of U6 and so far all of Trunks ark > All GT but RF was worse

Overall for me

GT:3/10 Super:6/10 (Depending on how this ark goes it might get to a 7)

Dolltaki is infinitely worse than anyone in DBZ. Including Broly.

@Bruce

Champa at least has a personality that separates him from his brother.

Vados is literally just a female Whis.

Lookout, The Queen Diclnoius doesn't take kindly to people bashing his waifu XD (No hate or anything, just a joke)

Dolltaki was creepy but he wasn't significant enough for that to matter IMO

Dolltaki is just complete garbage.

Hideous character design, obnoxious voice actor both dub and sub, has no distinct personality besides being a disturbing pedophile, his power is super lame, he has no relevance to the plot and they couldn't have even given him a satsifying death or commuppance. Just a slight beating from Pan and a painless one shot from the suggestively named Rilldo.

The only thing he accomplished was make GT vastly more uncomfortable to watch. Along with potentially putting everyone who watched his episodes on a watch list...

Not really TBH. Black is just an arrogant psychopath the same as any other DBZ villain and Zamasu is a watered-down Cell in that he's calm and collected but also vicious.

BruceTheBatman said:
Zamasu is a watered-down Cell in that he's calm and collected but also vicious.
Zamasu is a guy who believes that mortals are flawed beings who, when given choice, will always choose wrong, and thus they shouldn't exist.

How is that like Cell?

He sees everyone else as imperfect and will seek to destroy them.

That is completeley like Cell. Flawed and Imperfect are the same word spelled differently. Their reasoning may be different but the motive is the same.

Black and Zamasu are one in the same person, why are you treating it as if there 2 different people?

I will take Super over GT anyday. In Super you get some great characters like Beerus, Whis and Zamasu for example with GT I watched the whole show and the only thing I really liked was SSJ4 and Gogeta that's about it.

Animation isn't a big deal for me but GT was more consistant than Super but I won't say better.

GT: 4-5/10

Super: 7/10

Before I start, don't hate me for this...

Eh... Tbh, I had a long talk with my best friend (who calls himself a DB fanboy), and he doesn't really care for Super past episode 4. He appreciates the old characters, but doesn't take to the new ones, especially considering how they're basically usurping the Z fighter's positions. Also doesn't like the Black arc, which is honestly a bunch of cliches. I really don't see how Zamasu is that great. He's complex compared to DB characters, which isn't saying much. He's basically Apocalypse from the subpar X-Men movie that recently came out. Just a god complex with a skewed sense of justice.

Back