• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super vs Dragon Ball GT

Man.....

Saitama fanboys....

Narutards on Comicvine

Deathbattle....

Jesus ends my life

Anyway, I find DBS better than GT, I found GT too boring at times and all over the place. There were so many plot holes it was ridiculous, for example, Cooler comes out of nowhere.

Andriod 17 was introduced out the blue, at least baby had an introduction and back story. At least DBS isn't focused on 1 - 2 characters, like not even Vegeta, got the spotlight.

You can't please anyone these days, Ask for new characters, then gets pissed when old characters aren't relevant, like are you expecting Tien somehow beat a universe buster? At least they brought back an old technique and made Master Roshi relevant for a short period of time

Also, I like DBS, but i love DBGT, manily becasue of the SSJ4 concept and the space travel theme it had along with it......also it was the first time in the DRAGON BALL franchise were a DB series actual centered around the DB themeselfs

Come back to this thread to see a string of comments talking about how shit various fan bases are. Where can I find the pedestals you are all standing on? Lol

Anyway, my biggest issue with Super still remains, sort of. Beerus and Whis can literally solve whatever problem is arising, but for various reasons choose not to.

Ignoring that, the Black arc is pretty much everything I wanted from the revived series, save not enough Krillin. Super has come a long way, at least for me.

Stuff like wanting your franchise to be the strongest one ever all the time is what gets the DB fan base it's rep...

The real cal howard said:
Stuff like wanting your franchise to be the strongest one ever all the time is what gets the DB fan base it's rep...
  • almost every fanbase ;)
but overall, while tier 1s would be insane

i would like it to cap off at 2-A or High 2-A

I honestly don't want it to pass Tier 2.

At best I want a line about Zeno being above Time and Space then i'm happy with some decent hax.

Before I say something, would any of you guys mind if I ranted. Wouldn't want to offend those that I like (i.e. Rad, TLT1, AF)

RadicalMrR said:
I honestly don't want it to pass Tier 2.
At best I want a line about Zeno being above Time and Space then i'm happy with some decent hax.
what i mean is that db will now likely get multiple authors and hence become a star wars like franchise

so the level of power may rise unexpectedly

Oh the one punch man fanbase is the worst a guy did superman vs Saitama and he said superman would win even though he gave Saitama his planet level attack potency give him his best speed feat you know the Boros kick 1 and then multipled it by 100 even though he did give Saitama the benefit of a dought and gave him his black hole feat and the video had more dislike then likes like seriously the guy did everything right for that battle besides the black hole feat and still the fanbase wouldn't accept it and they gave him the hate

I overall liked Super better than GT but GT had some great ideas going but it was excecuted badly...I like the fact that Super focused on other characters especially with the new arc that's up with a ton of twists that made it interesting imho

I actually like both. GT isn't as bad as most people say, and the animation is definitely superior. It has that classic nineties timeless feel I love so much, like from early Pokemon, Yu Yu Hakusho, and others. Hand-drawn cels will always be better than digital. But, I'd be lying if I said all of Super's animation was bad. It's had its ups and highs like all other animated series, but a few times it really had the feel of a modern anime. The problem is nostalgia drives how we feel about animation here, so it isn't going to be completely objective. Power-wise, Super is clearly superior to GT. In terms of story and plot, however, I'd say the Baby Saga is my favorite out of both, though the Goku Black Saga would be a close second. I love cool villains with unique twists to their character and motivations, and Baby and Zamasu are both very interesting due to their rather alien nature to a show like DBZ, Baby being a parasitic hive race and Zamasu being a weird time-displayed Sensui archetype. Overall, though? Gee, it's hard to say. I don't know. Can I use one of my lifelines? :)

I'm with The Queen Dickonius here. The Baby arc was great and I find it to be entirely underrated. In fact, I'd compare it to the Black arc from Super. I was ready to give up on each series before they came around and both have us some unique enemies that went outside the normal scope of what I expect from Dragon Ball. It was basically invasion of the body snatched a. Sure, it could have been better, especially with that premise. But overall, I enjoyed it very much.

Back