• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super vs Dragon Ball GT

Tien at least was useful during Cell and Buu saga, now anyone that isn't Vegeta or Goku is completely useless...

> keep going on with older characeters - people demand new ones

>bring new characteers and only maintain a small number of previous characters - people get mad that the old characters arent relevant anymore

you just cannot please everyone

The Living Tribunal1 said:
>bring new characteers and only maintain a small number of previous characters - people get mad that the old characters arent relevant anymore

The DB fanbase is just cancerous, well at least most of it.

DB's plot is trillions of times superior to DBGT and we have new charismatic characters, even Black who we thought was just a goku who didn't hit his head turned to be a complex loophole, grandfather paradox type of sh*t.

The only thing DB GT has above Super is Animation and SSJ4(Nothing more nothing less.)

Aimenaltair said:
The Living Tribunal1 said:

The DB fanbase is just cancerous, well at least most of it.
DB's plot is trillions of times superior to DBGT and we have new charismatic characters, even Black who we thought was just a goku who didn't hit his head turned to be a complex loophole, grandfather paradox type of sh*t.

The only thing DB GT has above Super is Animation and SSJ4(Nothing more nothing less.)
serious what? this arc's animation and U6 arc's animation is superior to GT's animation

for this arc: the plot, the characters, the animation are all better than gt

and, yeah the db fanbase isnt really that great, its one of the mid tier fanbases

the pokemon fanbase is equal or better, also the berserk fanbase and the akira fanbase are definitely much much better

BruceTheBatman said:
Lolwut? It's a crap tier fanbase outside this site
Actually outside this site there is a very good fanbase. See Geekdom101 and his friends and fans.

Dragonmasterxyz wrote
Actually outside this site there is a very good fanbase. See Geekdom101 and his friends and fans.

Oh yeah, Geekdom's cool... but then you have this guy

TBH, it's the older fans that make it bad. The younger fans, even six year olds, understand that Goku has his limits and is beatable.

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
TBH, it's the older fans that make it bad. The younger fans, even six year olds, understand that Goku has his limits and is beatable.
That's because Our generation >>> Previous generation in every way possible

Plus the wars are far less... brutal.

lets not forget the millions of people who think that superman is legtly nearly omnipotent

and the same goes for the db fanbase

overall if you sum up the good and the bad fans, i just see them as being roughly equal fanbases

Any comic book fan will tell you Superman has his limits. I don't consider Death Battle Fantards as members of the DC fanbase, since even I know more than they do and despite my username I don't know much about DC.

Death Battle Fanboys are worst than either TBH.

What makes me sad is when people say Super is trash when the last time they saw an episode was episode 5 or 26 or one of the poorly animated ones that they fixed.

BruceTheBatman said:
Any comic book fan will tell you Superman has his limits. I don't consider Death Battle Fantards as members of the DC fanbase, since even I know more than they do and despite my username I don't know much about DC.
Death Battle Fanboys are worst than either TBH.
yet up till 4 or even 3 years ago all i see was superman cannot be beaten, since then that stance has been dying (but it only really started to die like within the last 1.5 years)

superman is a god hence by that virtue alone 99 percent of his versions solo dbz and on and on

heck 3 years ago you would be considered a rabid dbztard if you thought that goku was a legitimate solar system buster at all in any case

I think it went like this. The first two arcs were to see if it would make any money. The Universe 6 arc was to test out new things and make new characters and this arc is when they finally claim that it will become what it used to be, if not, better.

1) Only really on Youtube comment sections and Comicvine (Same place that thinks Master Chief > Mega Man X, Itachi beats everyone, etc)

Supes is gawd m8

TBH I still don't think he is.

BruceTheBatman said:
1) Only really on Youtube comment sections and Comicvine (Same place that thinks Master Chief > Mega Man X, Itachi beats everyone, etc)
Supes is gawd m8

TBH I still don't think he is.
i used to see stuff like the things i mentioned all across vs boards

and its not just the lax view on rating superman's powers which was annoying, it was also the massive db downplay with most people placing db characters at planet level or something

and all that split dura BS which made it all the worse

btw if DBS is trash then so is DBZ as their plots follow a similar trend. DBS has a way more interesting story.

Arc 1 involves a battle that establishes new main characters and concepts(DBZ had aliens. DBS had Gods.)

Arc 2 involves fighting Frieza while introducing a new transformation.

Arc 3 involves a tournament.

Arc 4 involves another arc involving the kais. Heck we even got another future trunks saga i.e another android saga.

Yeah I see people saying itachi beats that guy cause genjutsu and his sheild can block any attack like the living tribunal or Broly and reflect it back or he seals them with 1 slash. I actually go back to those threads to read what they put and I get a good laugh out of it

tbh the arc were fine with how they went about. So I'd say the execution is fine as is and better than Z.

the only arc definitively more badly executed than its dbz counterpart is the dbs frieza arc

otherwise all the other dbs arcs are very much similar in quality compared to their dbz counterparts

DBZ and DBS both in a nut shell.

1) Two beings come to Earth and reveal a new level of unimaginable power and one plans on destroying Earth.

2) FRIEZA!?

3) Well, no similarities to the main canon, but if we talk about DBZ the original anime, then an arc that seemed a bit fillerish at times, but overall enjoyable. (Garlic Jr. Saga and U6 Saga)

4) Time travel, Trunks, darkness, dispair, a seemingly unbearable foe that gets stronger every episode.

Ok, let's break this down.

Animation: DBS is a little inconsistent to me. They have high points and low. However, when they get it right, THEY GET IT RIGHT! For the most part, DBS makes me feel excited when I watch it's fights and get pumped. Even a it's worst, it's still pretty enjoyable.

GT feels...meh. Not trash, just not stand out enough, if you know what I mean? It just doesn't deliver enough effects or other things that make the battles for epic. It's like it was just running through the motions.

Point: DBS

Characters: DBS, hands down. It just has bigger cast and uses them. Also, none of its' characters come off as annoying to me. From the main to villians to supporting, DBS excels. Whether they're serious, whacky, or deranged, the characters are a blast to watch fight and interact.

GT...there's a reason it's nicknamed 'Goku Time'. Pan was annoying but she was also wasted potential...which makes her even worse, now that I think about it!

Story: Again, DBS hands down. It's intro arc was thrilling to watch and made you excited that DB was back and more powerful then ever. The Frieza arc was a bit too drawn out but it was still worth it to see Vegeta beat Frieza's face in. The Universe 6 arc was just plain fun and the Future Trunks arc has had more mystery in it than any DB arc that I can remember. Seriously, this latest arc has just had us guessing and discussing more than I've ever seen around the fan base.

GT's arcs were mostly bland. They had some good ideas but just didn't use them well. Don't get wrong, I found the Baby arc to actually be pretty enjoyable overall but after that things really go downhill. The Super 17 arc was okay in theory but raised too many eyebrows. EX's: HOW did Muu and Gero make a new 17 in Hell? With what? Also why did Goku fire a 10x Kamaehaha at Super 17 after he noted that 17 was absorbing his energy attacks?? The Shadow Dragon arc had the best concept to start with but it reduced most of the dragons to one episode wonders who really come off as lame once you think about that.

Overall, I'd say that GT was a hollow shell of what made DB so good while DBS is breathing new life into the franchise.

DBS and DBGT both have more interesting story elements than DBZ does, Toei just fails to execute them properly. DBGT is overall less immature than DBS and more in the style of Z, while DBS is more Dragonball-like and thus really lighthearted. I sincerely hate the atmosphere in DBGT everything happens on planet earth and the colour palette seems so bland and boring. In my opinion DBS is way better than DBGT but that's honestly just a personal opinion, I don't really have any reason as to why I prefer DBS over DBGT other than I like the characters more.

@BruceTheBatman I don't know where you keep finding these DBZ-tards because I haven't seen them pop-up since 2012-2013. Most DBZ fans are more down to earth than your average Saitama-fanboy, so I don't really understand why the DB-Fanbase keeps getting all this hate.

Oh, I know, believe me. DBZ isn't the worst one (debatable), but it's IMO the posterboy cancer fanbase alongside Naruto and One Punch Man.

Back