• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Thread 58: Shirts are going off and Frieza is a huge fodder now

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silver hair is some mastered form of Ultra Instinct. But I guess "2 power ups" if you want to be more precise.

Ryukama said:
The silver hair is some mastered form of Ultra Instinct. But I guess "2 power ups" if you want to be more precise.
Or just the complete version of 1 power up.........................

Ryukama said:
Was 2 new forms in one arc over the span of a few episodes really necessary? All the forms are getting really ridiculous at this point in my opinion. They already had a thing going with Goku's Ultra Instinct improving each time. They could've just had him beat Jiren that way if they need him to win.

I'd absolutely love to see Goku asspull 2 new forms yet still lose to this guy. It'd be hilarious and really unexpected.
Ryu as always speaking my mind, yes it will priceless to see him still losing to Jiren after all these asspull power ups in one arc

Also, new form is for more toys to sell my friend, nothing more

Unpopular opinion here, Jiren is actually the weakest character I've seen, talking about story telling and character development. While Jiren is supposed to be written as the serious and stoic individual, whenever I see him, I laugh. His character could've been something so much better than what it was. He sought power because his friends and family die, I get that much, but how did someone get so much unfathomable power without any logic or reasoning given? The Saiyans are strong because they were a warrior race, Saiyans Beyond God are those who fulfilled a prophecy, and Ultra Instinct and Beyond Super Saiyan Blue are those who were tutored by Gods. Piccolo is stronger because of his fusing with two other namekians and the training with the Saiyans non stop. The Androids were designed to kill post-Saiyan Invasion Goku. Tien, Krillin, and Master Roshi sparred with SBG Goku and Roshi had his MAX form adjusted a few episodes before. But then out of left field comes this guy who is "as strong as a God of Destruction." with no build up until the first episodes of the Tournament Saga. Then during the tournament, he jobs Hit, who had much better character development and likeability. The only thing incredible about this guy is how they managed to make such a Gary Stu character.

Considering they already admitted it wasn't mastered, I have no problem with it.

I just hope he sill gets crushed by Jiren. If U7 lost... I would be in so much shock.

@FTW Even if they say one of them is the mastered version of the other, it's still 2 different transformations/power ups/new designs that they pulled out of nowhere in the span of a few episodes. And I personally don't like it.

@ZERO Aww thanks :)

But yeah I would like to see that. I want either Jiren being an idiot to have unconcious Goku still in the ring, or Vegeta and Frieza to outlast Jiren. That way U7 wins but Goku still loses.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------------------------------------------------------

Feels nice to finally get that off my mind. Honestly that's why I haven't watched much of DBS recently, I was all over the early tournament, was nice to see the old character fight with some high tiers. Then it eventually became "Who is Jiren going to job today?"

Jiren is a trash character. No personality, boring, and a generic backstory. I hope Goku one shots him he's annoying at this point

Self Love said:
Jiren is a trash character. No personality, boring, and a generic backstory. I hope Goku one shots him he's annoying at this point
I see Jiren as more of a force of nature or obstacle for Goku to get through than a character lol

I don't really care since I don't see this as a different form and SSB was revealed in 2015.

But hey to each his own.

Personally I perfer Black Hair UI though, if they were going to make him have White Hair why bother making it Black in the first place?

Toys and advertisements.

If the form is coming this early, maybe they know they won't continue the series anymore.

The black hair made it look ominous and mixed with the silver eyes made it look badass, but alas, they've reduced UI to another hair color form.

Lots of Salt in the thread, seems people don't know what it means to enjoy something.

Really saddening to see this is what DB fandom has become lately.

Poinciana1971 said:
Lots of Salt in the thread, seems people don't know what it means to enjoy something.
Really saddening to see this is what DB fandom has become lately.
What exactly are we salty about ? That we're tired of different colored hair forms, and want some originality ?

This is probably obvious to most people, but I'm like 99% sure the reason this mastered UI has a different hair color is for marketing reasons.

If you want to make a toy of UI Goku, or put him in a game, it's difficult when he doesn't really look that different from a super serious base Goku.

I for one actually like the many different forms and think it's cool. It's something original to Dragon Ball so I don't have a problem with it.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I for one actually like the many different forms and think it's cool. It's something original to Dragon Ball so I don't have a problem with it.
> many different forms

> It's something original

>to Dragon Ball

I am at loss for words, to be honest....

@TeenAngel and ZERO

You two got some problem with my opinion?.

By original, I mean from the shows I watch Dragon Ball actually has a lot of transformations and I like that about it and enjoy when a new one comes out... It's their a problem with that?.

I said they are original to not i Dragon Ball.

Meaning, they do them a lot compared to other shows I watch and I enjoy seeing them all.

To be fair I kind of understand where Griffin is coming from.

I personally am not that hyped to see a new "form" so quickly, but I understand his position.

Yes. They are original to Dragon Ball. But it gets a little tiring when all they do is just give them a different hair color and make them stronger when they face a challenge.

FTW395 said:
To be fair I agree, we get a new form that will only be relevant for literally 2 episodes
Actually, it's 1 episode if we assume it will take him some time to enter MUI in 129 he will probably get his ass kicked for the majority of 129 before pulling the SS Blanco and still losing......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back