• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Speculation thread

Viturino said:
@Heatforce
fThe manga is the source for everything,its the way the creator wants to tell it, even tho the movies came out first, the films and anime are re telling the story from the manga, and theres a rule for dbz, films are never canon, also, for anime we never consider any film canon since theres many things they adapt to make it more appealing for the cinema format

@FanofRPGs

Cool, link us to it when ure done
It is above

FanofRPGs said:
I am making a canonocity hierarchy right now
Okay here

Main Cano: Dragon Ball Manga, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr. Slump, and Dragon Ball Super Anime

Cano: Dragon Ball Z Kai, Dragon Ball Online, Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return, Neko Majin

Supplementary Cano: Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Dragon Ball Super Manga, Revival of F Manga, Battle of Gods, Revival of F, Burdock Father of Goku

Secondary Cano: Dragon Ball Z Anime

Non-Cano: Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Movies

Fan-Fictio: Dragon Ball AF, Dragon Ball Multiverse

Below Fanfictio: Dragon Ball Evolution
Where's Dragon Ball Heroes in all of this like the SSJ4 Broly etc.?

Nibbler3100 said:
FanofRPGs said:
I am making a canonocity hierarchy right now
Okay here

Main Cano: Dragon Ball Manga, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr. Slump, and Dragon Ball Super Anime

Cano: Dragon Ball Z Kai, Dragon Ball Online, Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return, Neko Majin

Supplementary Cano: Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Dragon Ball Super Manga, Revival of F Manga, Battle of Gods, Revival of F, Burdock Father of Goku

Secondary Cano: Dragon Ball Z Anime

Non-Cano: Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Movies

Fan-Fictio: Dragon Ball AF, Dragon Ball Multiverse

Below Fanfictio: Dragon Ball Evolution
Where's Dragon Ball Heroes in all of this like the SSJ4 Broly etc.?
Dragon Ball Heroes covers a wide range from Noncanon to Supplementary Canon

@Viturino alright then. So assuming there were no manga and DBS anime then BoG the film would be canon if there were no other medium (as long as Toriyama said it was)?

Heatforce said:
@Viturino alright then. So assuming there were no manga and DBS anime then BoG the film would be canon if there were no other medium (as long as Toriyama said it was)?
Yes, I count it as Supplementary Canon

Hmm dragon ball super manga is main canon like the anime and not supplementary:

"Akira Toriyama alongside Toyotaro, who is the author of spin-off manga series Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission will be handling this manga adaptation. Just like the former, Dragon Ball Super's manga adaptation will release via V-Jump".

(http://www.shonengamez.com/2015/05/16/dragon-ball-super-to-get-a-manga-adaptation-as-well/)

More: Companion manga to TV anime of the same name, serialized in V Jump, art by Toyotarō. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Toriyama)

A companion manga is being produced alongside it with the story being credited to Akira Toriyama and the illustration being credited to Toyotarō. (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Super)

You see the art is from Toyotaro. This is confirmed bij wiki. So Akira is orginal script designer for the anime as the manga. If Akira tells Toyotaro to art the shockwave (universal) punches, Toyotaro will draw that.

The name Akira Toriyama is in Japanese: Ú│ÑÕ▒▒ µÿÄ , you can find it left beneath the cover of the manga.

http://static.hitek.fr/img/actualite/2015/06/8-1-2-manga-dragon-ball-super-chapitre-image.jpg

Conclusion: manga is also main canon (imo)

I did see a brief scene that suggests we WILL be seeing the universe shaking in Super. It's around the 27-second mark once the preview starts.

It's been confirmed yesterday though i don't really know what the admins are doing right now but they haven't paying any attention to it or even try to make changes. I seriously don't know what's the hold up

As long as it uses similar elements to its adaptation, why can't we use both adaptations to judge a character's powers? Are we saying that Beerus in the manga is less capable than Beerus in the anime? So long as a series has the go-ahead to be created by a mangaka it should be canon unless they state otherwise. And not just manga, for any creation for that matter. So long as it's sanctioned by the source itself.

@Davy0, even though my opinion doesn't mean much I agree with you unless the anime takes a complete left turn like the end of Toriko for example.

Everyones opinion means something unless they are wanking and downplaying, or just trolling, in which yeah, it means nothing. But you're not wanking, downplaying or being an idiot, are you, Firebelly?

@Davy0, lol you must mean me? I was searching for firebelly XD. I'm just saying there might be some scaling issue that I'm unaware of hence why people don't like to use anime? But IMO it shouldnt be a problem as long as the adaption matches the panels.

It's not gonna match the panels really. What we're saying is if we should combine what has been done in the anime with what has been done in the manga, and what I'm saying is yes.

tbh, the manga is the short cut of the anime, so it shud be counted

but then again, by the time this debate concludes, the dbs anime will get a feat, and possibly a confirmation of whether it is a normal sized universe or not

idk if u guys wanna change the profiles to 3-C for a few days, after which they might likely need to be upgraded again

The manga is pretty much an abridged version of the anime, the feat we have from the manga is already 3-C minimum and thats not going to change, maybe will need an upgrade again later, but from now on we know for a fact everyone who is on Beerus level will be At least 3-C.

Unless in the anime they contradict it directly like :

"OMG! Kibito, they are making the entire universe shake!"

"-Oh, no way, that was just me farting , my bad"

"-Ohh.."

You like it or not, people will be cherry picking. If the manga has a better outcome people (dbz fans) will go for the manga other people (anti dbz, admin of wiki) will wait what anime will do. It is cherry picking for both sides.

Imo both are canon so if this feat doesn"t show up in anime (universe feat) it will count for the manga.

Canon wars.

All I see are canon wars.

If you ask me, this wiki has a rather unnecessarily restricitve policy on what is canon in Dragon Ball, especially considering that Toriyama himself seems rather lax on the issue.

The DBS Canon Wars (2015), The Marvel Secret Wars (2015), The DBZ Canon Wars (1980s Pressumbly if the japanese fanbase had these problems even without the internet), The Marvel Secret Wars (1984)... Illumanti Confirmed! Seriously, though someone should put the canon hierarchy on a note on the Dragon Ball page since it seems pretty valid and that way it becomes harder for people to cherry pick info

It looks like we will see the threatens to destroy the universe feat in epsiode 13

The episode 12 and 13 summaries:

Episode 12: The Universe Crumbles?! Clash! The God of Destruction vs Super Saiyan God! Though it seemed that even the power of Super Saiyan God was no match for Beerus' overwhelming power, Goku awakens even further and utilizes Super Saiyan God's true power. But Beerus also undergoes a further transformation, and comes at Goku with even more formidable power. Can Goku defeat Beerus and save the Earth?

Episode 13: Goku, Surpass Super Saiyan God! Goku and Beerus' battle at last reaches its final stage. Bit by bit Beerus' full-throttle power drives Goku to the edge, but...The clash of the two's extraordinarily formidable power threatens to destroy not only the Earth, but the universe as well.

Probably. Sucks cause that really could be a galaxy, but I doubt Champa would use an attack of such magnitude to wipe out fodder, plus you can see the wreckage of the explosion inside the blast and the ship's not that big to begin with.

sooo

looks like goku might end up going ssgss in bog, and beerus gets a new transformation?

and the universe is threatened?

looks like another 2 episodes of wait, but the waiting will be worth it

Oh the 8.1 Terafoe calc might count as galaxy level+ now but I am not sure, I heard the GBE of the Galaxy has been scaled down to 10 Gigafoe

also, aint that calc based on the 4 galaxy thing

if in the next one or 2 episodes, we get a confirmation of a normal universe, then wudnt the 10 percent or 5 percent universal striking power be applied?

The Living Tribunal1 said:
also, aint that calc based on the 4 galaxy thing
if in the next one or 2 episodes, we get a confirmation of a normal universe, then wudnt the 10 percent or 5 percent universal striking power be applied?
Yep, but it still might take time. It might become an outlier (Which I fear will, due to the show-writers caring more about the quality of the show and not feats)

Using the second calc would easily make Beerus and Goku 3-B

Back