• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super - Jiren and Co. Upgrade via Void Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WoV is also a world of nothingness. There's nothing in there that would get destroyed, so that's not evidence for 2-C

Besides, there's no reason to assume they went all out (and thus leading to 2-C), when the GP only asked them to test the arena
WOV is a construct. Constructs can get significantly affected or destroyed

Realistically the thread should just be closed given the upgrade went through. If people take issue then make another thread in a day or so so the people who argued here can have the sleep to resume it.

Reactions: Sus
Realistically the thread should just be closed given the upgrade went through. If people take issue then make another thread in a day or so so the people who argued here can have the sleep to resume it.
It’s still being contested heavily it seems
I think closing the thread prematurely is just useless and it’s gonna be inconvenient for no point

It’s still being contested heavily it seems
I think closing the thread prematurely is just useless and it’s gonna be inconvenient for no point
Let's wait for ddm reply, this page has gone over 9 pages and everything that can be stated are already done in previous page thare is no use making it conjusted.

It's already 9 pages and the upgrade passed. It shouldn't even be open for further argument. But whatever, that's all up to staff policy.
It being 9 pages doesn’t really mean shit. The next thread is just gonna be 9 pages or whatever, if just adds inconvenience putting said pages into different places. So no, it’s completely useless to make a new thread

That's like saying "Beerus and Goku never destroyed the Universe so they're not Universe level". This is the dumbest argument against OP that I have ever seen in my life.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DESTROY TO SCALE. JUST SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT OR ALTER IT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM. THAT'S WHY YOU CAN BE BELOW THE BASELINE OF TIER 2 AND YOU'D STILL BE WITHIN THAT SAME TIER. TIER 2 DOESN'T OPERATE ON THE SAME ENERGY JOULE METRIC AS TIER 3 AND BELOW.
Why are you angry? Talk normal dude

What says Arak and the other GoDs were fighting seriously? Seems like a very high leap in logic if we just assume they were using all their power without any clear cut statement.
Why? Why have you done this to us my friend? This was already discussed now we’re at it again with like 2 more pages since I went to bed 😭

Ok in fairness I read through your arguments but I do not find them convincing nor do I find them applicable so I run through them.

1) The GOD’s themselves directly said they were going to demonstrate their power and prove superiority over all their other universes and then were said to have “taken it too far” after completing the task. Why are they holding back so much against themselves when they’re trying to impress someone they fear all around. There is no logical reason to make that they are significantly holding back their strength despite all the statements to the contrary of them trying to showcase their power and superiors and going too far in doing so. Going too far implies they’re not properly holding back so there’s even less reason to assume they are properly handling their power when they’re fighting.

Your logic can also be applied to the 2 GOD’s fighting feat resulting in the 2C feat. Nowhere is it ever stated anywhere that both GOD’s need to go all out to destroy 2 universes. It’s simply assumed so, but even them casually arguing and threatening each other can cause need for concern. And furthermore, the presence of a third GOD acts as a sort of mitigating factor for your argument. Because if 2 GOD’s fighting results in 2 universes being destroyed, 3 GOD’s fighting is naturally higher than that due to the presence of the extra GOD. Even if they were all fighting at as low as 65% of their power, that’s still about the equivalent amount of energy of 2 GOD’s fighting at 100% of their power. Which results in the 2C feat.

And again that’s assuming that both GOD’s need 100% of their power to destroy 2 universes which is also never said anywhere in the series and in fact them casually scuffling could result in the destruction of both universes. Hence the straight taboo.

2) The stage argument is literally and I cannot stress this enough, the same argument as saying “why didn’t the earth blow up when goku and Beerus fought” despite them throwing out uncontrolled universal levels or energy.

Or the same can be said with “why didn’t the earth blow up when Beerus and Champa were fighting” when they were both literally on earth and directly fighting each other all out to the point where they were forced to stop by their respective angels because if they continued then both universes would’ve been destroyed.

But earth didn’t suffer a scratch. But regardless we do not discredit them from being able to perform the 2C action just because earth wasn’t destroyed. Nor do we say earth somehow has 2C durability.

That is the “stage durability” argument. And that is why it is not applicable in this discussion. They really just go from 0 to 100 real quick.

Ok I believe I addressed the 2 main points you brought up in opposition to this argument.

In light of AKM's input on the thread, I'll be switching my vote back to Disagree.
How could you do this to us, we were so close 😭

Also where did you get the “inevitably” destroy the universe from? Because I checked one of the episodes where they made the statement. (Namely the baseball one) and they just said 2 GOD’s fighting just results in the universes being destroyed. There was no “inevitably” in that statement. (Although I guess the word can still be applied, but it’d probably only apply in the same way Goku and Beerus would “inevitably” destroy the universe.)

The GoDs were actually going all out. The gene guy said that he wasn't going to participate because "the results are obvious" implying he'd easily win. If they were just playing around or joking then there wouldn't actually be a competition or a winner or loser.

Also that doesn't even matter because GoDs foghting causes the destruction of 2 universes whether they were going all out or not. Beerus and champa swapping hands normally can threaten 2 universes. Yet 3 can't significantly affect the WoV. But Jiren walking can.

I'd like to remind everybody how stupid it is that we're even considering an empty space to be something that has durability, let alone something that would require a 2-C attack to shake it to begin with when it's only high 3-A in size
even if it was like tier 0 "dura" (still doesn't apply, it's an empty ******* space), that doesn't even have bearing on whether or not you can shake it if it doesn't have that size/weight
and the "entire world of void is shaking" is most likely referring to its contents (the arena and stands) rather than empty space that can't be shaken to begin with. And if it were the entire void, he wouldn't even be able to know that. Unless we're giving him infinite range senses or something
goofy thread, cherry picking the logic of "an empty space can have dura too!!!" but not acknowledging the DC and AP inconsistencies that have always been present the entire series. It's simply just making the exceptions you want to make and creating the facts you want to be facts.
Anyways, here are the facts

1. We do not know what tier is required to shake the world of void, at best it'd be high 3-A
2. If a character has a destruction feat greater than another character, it means nothing unless said destruction feat has a higher AP than the current AP of the other character

The GoDs were actually going all out. The gene guy said that he wasn't going to participate because "the results are obvious" implying he'd easily win. If they were just playing around or joking then there wouldn't actually be a competition or a winner or loser.
No one is saying they were joking around, they were having competition within the boundaries of the task that was assigned to them and were cautious of zeno presence to do anything reckless like destroying wov.
Also that doesn't even matter because GoDs foghting causes the destruction of 2 universes whether they were going all out or not. Beerus and champa swapping hands normally can threaten 2 universes. Yet 3 can't significantly affect the WoV. But Jiren walking can.
Threat to universe or multiverse doesn't mean anything, it can just simply based of possibility to what it'll lead to.

The amount of coping here is outrageous. Somehow people are trying to discard the WoV feat now by just going "B-But its just nothingness nyehhh"

Holy shit. The upgrade has already been accepted, and these 9 pages could literally just become 1-2 pages if people stopped whining and repeating the same arguments.

2) The stage argument is literally and I cannot stress this enough, the same argument as saying “why didn’t the earth blow up when goku and Beerus fought” despite them throwing out uncontrolled universal levels or energy.
The agreeing side said two engaging destroyers don't have ki control. So why would the ring not get completely annihilated if the destruction power was 2-C
As far as earth fights are concerned, they have ki control for it.
Or the same can be said with “why didn’t the earth blow up when Beerus and Champa were fighting” when they were both literally on earth and directly fighting each other all out to the point where they were forced to stop by their respective angels because if they continued then both universes will be destroyed
Yeah, they didn't go full power. This shows despite seeming to go at Full power, they don't. We should not assume they go full power without direct statements
Consider the baseball match Beerus champa looks all bloody and bruised, they can't be hurt lesser than their own AP, them getting bloody is more convincing that they go full power rather than getting no scratch to please omni king.
And Damage is correct, vados used the word inevitably implying the destruction is overtime 2-C . Its ok to scale characters since timeframe isn't required but to scale WoV 2-C is a bit stretch.

Threating means nothing, at max, this is possibly rating (but really high-end)

The amount of coping here is outrageous. Somehow people are trying to discard the WoV feat now by just going "B-But its just nothingness nyehhh"

Holy shit. The upgrade has already been accepted, and these 9 pages could literally just become 1-2 pages if people stopped whining and repeating the same arguments.
One admin disagreed, hence the thread is opened again.

You made me disagree with this thread now blue fish guy 🐟.
Them not going full power and still being 2-C is blatantly false with the description of beerus vs champa in the baseball match where they fought bloody.

Them not going full power being 2-C is blatantly false with the description of beerus vs champa in the baseball match where they fought bloody.
And considering Gowasa statement that "they went over kill" means they were doing everything within the boundaries of assigned task and were not doing anything reckless as they are under zeno eyes. More than enough to consider that it was within boundaries not going all out, at best they went over more than destroying just stage. Nothing more.

Ah, please drop the topic about nothingness and void. It is construct/structure regardless.

I'd like to remind you that WOV is a construct regardless and it being a construct means it can be manipulated, affected and destroyed.
destroying something practically just means scattering molecules away from eachother
if there's literally nothing there, then there's nothing to destroy. This is 1st grade knowledge

even if it was like tier 0 "dura" (still doesn't apply, it's an empty ******* space)
At this point you're no longer making any sense. You keep spewing empty space this and empty space that when it's irrelevant. WOV exists, it can be perceived, it can be entered and exited, it can be manipulated etc. It's still a construct, so please stop bringing up this silly point

And yet there was no winner and nobody was even trying to win. Their only job was to test out the stage. Beerus and Champa getting a bit agitated caused them bruises and yet the GoDs after exchanging blows were not even out of breath. One was only dusting his clothes, the other was adjusting his hair. Not a single scratch. If they had been serious, you'd expect them to end up like Beerus and Champa.

That's ignoring context. Two GoDs fighting "can" destroy 2 universes. Beerus and Champa both fought and didn't destroy two universes, because they were not fighting at full strength and were stopped before they could. Same happened here. Those 3 GoDs were stopped in between and nothing suggests they were going all out. The assertion that they were using 100% of their strength is a bit ridiculous when there is no direct statement, especially knowing there has been precedent where GoDs specifically never used their 100% or were stopped before they could.

You can't claim they were using 100% of their power to test the ring and also say that the damage to the ring does not matter. If they had in fact used their 100% to test the ring, only one GoD would have easily poofed it like Toppo. If the argument to this is that they were using ki control despite it being ridiculous in this situation when they specifically were trying to do the opposite, then that same argument applies to them not shaking WoV.

destroying something practically just means scattering molecules away from eachother
if there's literally nothing there, then there's nothing to destroy. This is 1st grade knowledge
So when characters destroy multiverses and dimensions they're scattering molecules?

You are talking about fiction. Don't bring irl arguments here, mate.

You are talking about fiction. Don't bring irl arguments here, mate.
oh yes of course, so you just get to make up rules
it is fiction therefore nothingness is punchable. I too can make up random bullshit because I feel like it. It is fictional so goku can actually become outerversal by ******** his pants and farting, because it's fiction
STOP CHERRY PICKING
you are deciding "this is fiction so this is allowed" but then going back to saying that "there's no way he the DC isn't the same as the AP its physics!!!"
ughhhhhh these ****** db threads man

So when characters destroy multiverses and dimensions they're scattering molecules?
yes, on a mutiversal scale obv
also you could argue that situations like this are just EE since in a technical sense matter can't be destroyed to begin with, but this is irrelevant to the thread

you still can't just punch something that doesn't exist in any way, unless you have some wacky level of npi or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back