• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super - Jiren and Co. Upgrade via Void Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, just looking at the video linked in the OP, you can see that none of the GoDs fighting were even out of breath let alone had a scratch. I'm surprised so many people agreed to it.
He is back
3lojWuv.jpg

This was already explained several pages before. They were supposed to test the durability of the stage, it would be illogical for them to hold back when they’re trying to test its durability.
Testing the durability of the stage =/= going all out for it. They can test it even while going at 50% because according to them they are high above most mortals competing. If I have to test the durability of a table I am buying I won't hit it with a sledgehammer. They have no need to go for the overkill and the aftermath of their fight supports it. It's really silly to simply assume they were going all out without a statement knowing that none of the GoDs have ever gone all out in DBS. Even Beerus and Champa were stopped before they could.

They can test it even while going at 50% because according to them they are high above most mortals competing.
Assuming they were holding back to such a degree requires more assumptions than saying the gods actually put in effort, especially when the latter stance is supported by statements made during their fight.
They have no need to go for the overkill and the aftermath of their fight supports it.
Going full strength =/= going overkill

What says Arak and the other GoDs were fighting seriously? Seems like a very high leap in logic if we just assume they were using all their power without any clear cut statement.
About the thing ig it's not necessary even if they were going all out considering that wov not getting destroyed can just be a plot like earth not getting affected and stage itself with standed so much there. Like earth cannot be low 2c cause it's withstand low 2c energy distruction and low 2c dimension can't be 2c just because it with stand 2c. My opinion tho.

Assuming they were holding back to such a degree requires more assumptions than saying the gods actually put in effort, especially when the latter stance is supported by statements made during their fight.
What? .................. what?

Going full strength =/= going overkill
Sure they were going all out without getting even a scratch and beerus and champa got all bruised and bloody without actually engaging in full power LOGIC

That being said all the agreeing side is saying they are saying they were testing the durability of the stage so destroying certain portion of the ring makes you 2-C ? There are characters who damaged the ring even more than the GoDs yet they are 3-A so either stop using the durability point or stop saying stage durability is irrelevant to the thread.

What? .................. what?
You assuming that the GoDs are holding back to some minuscule percentage of their power, which is never even remotely implied, requires more assumptions than just saying “the gods are actually trying to do what they’ve been instructed to do”
That being said all the agreeing side is saying they are saying they were testing the durability of the stage so destroying certain portion of the ring makes you 2-C ? There are characters who damaged the ring even more than the GoDs yet they are 3-A so either stop using the durability point or stop saying stage durability is irrelevant to the thread.
The fact that you’re going back to the stage thing proves you haven’t read through this thread.

By this logic everybody in the ToP who made a significant sized crater on the ring can scale to the GoDs. I'm sorry but this is really... silly.
No, it doesn’t. This idea was already debunked earlier in the thread.

You assuming that the GoDs are holding back to some minuscule percentage of their power, which is never even remotely implied, requires more assumptions than just saying “the gods are actually trying to do what they’ve been instructed to do”
By that logic even Bulma is Low 2-C/2-C because she survived Beerus slapping her...

Or Jiren suppressing himself to the same degree against SSB Goku, SSG Goku (3-A) survivng attacks from Ikari Broly (Low 2-C) and more. Frieza survivng a 2-C hakai from Toppo in Base also an example

1. There is no assumption because the GoDs were never told to go all out.
2. It's implied by the aftermath.
3. We need clear cut statement for the positive assertion, more so when there is precedent for GoDs never going all out ever.

No, it doesn’t. This idea was already debunked earlier in the thread.
Be kind enough to tell me why? And why the same logic can't be applied to your proposal? If you're saying that they were vehemently trying to destroy the ring, then anybody making a significant crater should scale.

This idea was already debunked earlier in the thread.
This isn't debunked. YOU CAN'T SAY TWO ENGAGING DESTROYERS DON'T HAVE KI CONTROL BY THIS LOGIC. You can't say they were going full power if the ring was sparred. Just look at the final scene they literally ganged up the ring with all their power. But it was less damaged than what 3-A characters did.

By that logic even Bulma is Low 2-C/2-C because she survived Beerus slapping her...
That’s not even remotely the same thing. Beerus slapping Bulma because he’s annoyed =/= three GoDs fighting because they’re trying to perform a task that the Grand Priest asked them to do.
Or Jiren suppressing himself to the same degree against SSB Goku, SSG Goku (3-A) survivng attacks from Ikari Broly (Low 2-C)
Y’know Broly… gets stronger as he fights, right? He didn’t instantly jump from 3-A to Low 2-C just by going Ikari. And that’s not even mentioning how Broly movie SSG Goku could very well be a Low 2-C.

Reactions: Sus
3. We need clear cut statement for the positive assertion, more so when there is precedent for GoDs never going all out ever.
1. They were told to test the durability of the ring. If you’re testing the durability of something, why would you use a miniscule portion of your strength?
2. No, it’s literally not. In fact, multiple statements imply the opposite.
3. No, I think you need evidence to suggest they were holding back when literally nothing here says they were. One of the Kaioshin is concerned that the GoDs are taking their fight too far, Liquiir says they’re affirming their superiority. Neither of these statements imply they’re barely trying.
Be kind enough to tell me why? And why the same logic can't be applied to your proposal? If you're saying that they were vehemently trying to destroy the ring, then anybody making a significant crater should scale.
They caused damage to the ring with almost every single attack they made. There is no reason why anyone who can slightly damage the ring would be anywhere near the GoDs in attack potency.

This isn't debunked. YOU CAN'T SAY TWO ENGAGING DESTROYERS DON'T HAVE KI CONTROL BY THIS LOGIC. You can't say they were going full power if the ring was sparred. Just look at the final scene they literally ganged up the ring with all their power. But it was less damaged than what 3-A characters did.
They. Caused. Damage. With. Almost. Every. Single. Attack. They. Made.

The. Ring. Does. Not. Scale. To. The. Gods. Of. Destruction.

They. Caused. Damage. With. Almost. Every. Single. Attack. They. Made.

The. Ring. Does. Not. Scale. To. The. Gods. Of. Destruction.
Darn. It's not full power then. Without Complete obliteration of the ring it suggest its not full power. The ring not getting completely destroyed is a proof that the power wasn't enough to be at the level of a 2-C construct (They didn't go full power)

1. They were told to test the durability of the ring. If you’re testing the durability of something, why would you use a miniscule portion of your strength?
2. No, it’s literally not. In fact, multiple statements imply the opposite.
3. No, I think you need evidence to suggest they were holding back when literally nothing here says they were. One of the Kaioshin is concerned that the GoDs are taking their fight too far, Liquiir says they’re affirming their superiority. Neither of these statements imply they’re barely trying.
1. Already answered.
2. I don't see any that's direct.
3. Kaioshin being concerned is also not enough proof they were going all out. It's not about them barely trying. It's about them not trying to their fullest. Both things can happen simultaneously.

They caused damage to the ring with almost every single attack they made. There is no reason why anyone who can slightly damage the ring would be anywhere near the GoDs in attack potency.
The number of attacks don't matter.... what? If an attack with X amount of energy was able to damage the ring, and another energy attack was also able to damage the ring almost to the same extent, it should be around X.

Anyway, hard disagree here. Really disappointed.

Y’know what, I’ll get back to this later. The fact that this completed thread was re-opened without input from anyone involved is, to put it lightly, extremely shitty and annoying, and I’d rather not be debating in that headspace.

It’s also 4 AM over here and I really need to sleep.

What's the point of still arguing when all of these arguments have already been addressed and thread has been concluded?
Tbh You know even that was stressed . Beerus and champa weren't supposed to be upgraded, all of upgrades were applied in a rush.

That’s not even remotely the same thing. Beerus slapping Bulma because he’s annoyed =/= three GoDs fighting because they’re trying to perform a task that the Grand Priest asked them to do.
The Grand Priest only asked them to fight to check the durability of the stage. By no means that translate into them needing to fight all out, or even being anyehere near it
Y’know Broly… gets stronger as he fights, right? He didn’t instantly jump from 3-A to Low 2-C just by going Ikari. And that’s not even mentioning how Broly movie SSG Goku could very well be a Low 2-C.
Well that still doesn't explain Frieza surviving GoD Toppo Hakai by your logic. And last time I checked Broly is not 3-A to 2-C in Ikari, only 2-C

Let's wait for DDM to respond here again after seeing the recent comments. He is the only remaining staff member who agreed apart from Lord Tracer that I can see. Worst case scenario - we'll have to revert back the changes.

I would like to note that GP shielded himself from the impact of three gods. He is already pretty miuch above them. He wouldn't have shielded himself if they had used only a tiny fraction of their power

Testing the durability of the stage =/= going all out for it. They can test it even while going at 50% because according to them they are high above most mortals competing. If I have to test the durability of a table I am buying I won't hit it with a sledgehammer. They have no need to go for the overkill and the aftermath of their fight supports it. It's really silly to simply assume they were going all out without a statement knowing that none of the GoDs have ever gone all out in DBS. Even Beerus and Champa were stopped before they could.
This same argument again?. The Gods of destruction need not fight at full power, it's already been shown that if they engage in any form of combat it'll endanger two universes. This was shown when champa and Beerus were just throwing hands casually and their fight at the baseball game, they were threatening both universes. 3 Gods fought in WOV casual or not if WOV wasn't more durable than both U6&U7 it would've gotten destroyed and their fight didn't pose any apparent of significant effect on WOV.

This same argument again?. The Gods of destruction need not fight at full power, it's already been shown that if they engage in any form of combat it'll endanger two universes. This was shown when champa and Beerus were just throwing hands casually and their fight at the baseball game, they were threatening both universes. 3 Gods fought in WOV casual or not if WOV wasn't more durable than both U6&U7 it would've gotten destroyed and their fight didn't pose any apparent of significant effect on WOV.
You all saying THEY NEED NOT GO FULL POWER IS HYPOCRITAL. Otherwise during the baseball match, they engaged in a bloody combat ,nothing happened. If beerus and champa fought each other holding back , this would make universe 7 2-C , which is false. Saying angels stopped is the same case here, grand priest stopped them.

Not only did Grand Priest shieldhimself from the impact, all three GoD wanted to prove their superiority over the other to Zeno. That's enough to assume that they weren't holding back.

Even if we assume all three fighters start at fighting at 1 % , they would increase their power in tandem to be better than the other eventually reaching a point where GP has to put up a shield from their impact.

I would like to note that GP shielded himself from the impact of three gods. He is already pretty miuch above them. He wouldn't have shielded himself if they had used only a tiny fraction of their power
He was just shielding himself from the dust. But if that is the metric you want to use, then only those characters should scale who made GP shield himself. I don't recall GP shielding himself even when Jiren or UIO Goku shook the WoV, so that metric doesn't work.

1. The Gods took part in the fight to show their superiority over the other universes...
2. It was implied by the antecedent. Reasons why it's more plausible that they were going all out
1. They wanted to prove their superiority over the other universes
2. They wanted to please zeno with their battle. Why would they risk displeasing zeno by holding back?
3. They were asked to test out the ring. The main purpose for the arena was supposed to handle God level of fighting without the arena getting obliterated
They don't need to go all out. Just gods casually throwing hands will lead to the destruction of 2 universes. It's safe to assume that 3 gods fighting will also lead to the destruction of two universes whether fighting at full power or not. 3 gods fought in WOV, WOV surviving the battle of 3 gods just means WOV>>> U6&7 which is 2-C.
The ring is irrelevant in this scaling... Destroying it doesn't grant any relevant scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back