• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 62: I'm still on a streak and Goku is likely to get jobbered again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Android 17 trending on twitter again? The episode he faked his death, he was trendig on twitter lol.

Also does anyone else kinda find it both funny and sad how Toppo calls Jiren his "sworn friend" considering Jiren's new speech on how he doesn't need friendship and that it's worthless and stuff?

Ryukama said:
Also does anyone else kinda find it both funny and sad how Toppo calls Jiren his "sworn friend" considering Jiren's new speech on how he doesn't need friendship and that it's worthless and stuff?
I think deep down jiren does feel a connection with toppo, and that's why he probably started to lose his mind against goku, when he said that he was wrong about power being absolute justice. Maybe he went insane because maybe he felt goku was probably right.

In my opinion Jiren's relationship with Toppo is purely professional, but Toppo takes it as them being friends. It fits more in line with the way Jiren's feelings on friendship and relying on others has been described.

Jiren goes crazy because he feels he was betrayed and hurt due to trusting in others, so now he can only rely on his own strength. So to hear that Goku is actually overpowering him due to trusting in others drives him insane.

Jiren is essentially being betrayed for a second time. First he lost everything because his allies who he trusted failed him. Now he's about to lose everything again because his strength which he trusted failed him. Not only that, but the very thing that he swore to never trust again is supposedly empowering his opponent.

Him going insane is kinda understandable looking at it that way.

I loved tfw Toppo realized that more than half of U7 team is composed of people who were villains and rivals of Goku.

And he kept calling Goku "evil" in the Zen Exhibition Match.

I'd have to imagine that Jiren feels like a complete failure after his defeat.

First he lost because because he relied on his friends. Yet Goku managed to win because he relied on his friends.

Then he loses because he relied on his strength which wasn't enough. Yet Goku managed to win because he was stronger than Jiren.

Whether it's through friends or through strength, Jiren has lost when it was most important. Whereas this person standing before him has managed to take everything from him because of friends and strength.

I really liked Jiren's clear hesitation to defeat his superior in such a cheap fashion. However he sworn he'd do anything to make sure he never loses again and to get his wish. So he does what needs to be done, but not before granting Goku the greatest honor he could. Making sure that the warrior he's about to have erased lives on through his memories.

Is Kefla the first truly strong female Dragonball character/enemy ?

18 was always 2nd fiddle to 17 and never really the major threat, being under the shadow of cell.

@Ryu

Stop now lol

Or else you'll change my mind and I'll end up cheering for Jiren.

@AKM sama I still don't think Jiren is the best of characters, but I definitely think this episode has made him far better.

@LordWhis What do you define as "truly strong"? Android 18 was incredibly strong and one of the major heavy hitters during the Android saga, just not quite as strong as 17 but still comparable. Also if 18 not being the major threat of the entire arc makes her not strong, then Kefla isn't strong either since Jiren is the major threat of this arc.

Also did you forget who Vados is?

Vados was the first OP female.

Also, praise frieza sama. Lol.

Those 2 minutes are taking too long.

LordWhis said:
Oh ! Completely forgot about Vados.

Does anyone else think Frieza and 17 will fuse and roflstomp Jiren ?
Did they ever see the fusion dance?

And jiren will stand there and do nothing.

well, this is dragon ball, so that might be the case lol

When Frost tried to attack Frieza from out of bonds Zeno erased him on the spot, Jiren pulled that dirty move because Goku was wrecking his shit but Zeno did absolutely nothing about it, plot....

Also I am quiet hyped for Jiren vs Frieza\17 next episode, title of the MVP should goes to 17

Well to be fair, Toppo's blast almost hit the arena, and he didn't get erased.

Fhfhghghg said:
Well to be fair, Toppo's blast almost hit the arena, and he didn't get erased.
Toppo blast was so strong it reach all the world of void, Jiren gone out of his way to attack the stadium

I'm calling that Frieza 17 will look like a blue robotic version of golden frieza with 17's facial features and hair and a giant Shenron avatar.

Grand Priest English Dub voice. It's a bit eh

Positives:

The calmness and humbleness in his voice

How formulates his words

Negatives

Tone. I would have liked it to be a deeper voice

In the japanese dub. while there is humbleness, there is also an overwhelming superiority from the way he talks, I can't find the former in the English Dub voice

if like the spoilers say 30 seconds remain but jesus when goku lost MUI red shit came out and it was brutal yo RIP

Antvasima said:
What a great episode. I am glad that the spoilers were lying.
I read that the show is so popular in Mexico that there would be massive public screenings of this episode:
Yeah, many cities actually got the official permission to live stream it so no piracy there.

Also, Toei trolled us hard with these spoilers and 17 lol

Antvasima said:
What a great episode. I am glad that the spoilers were lying.
I read that the show is so popular in Mexico that there would be massive public screenings of this episode:

https://torrentfreak.com/local-governments-mexico-might-pirate-dragon-ball-180316/

I hope that the movie will be shown in cinemas outside of Japan, so we do not have to wait for too long.
Don't forget ecuador

https://twitter.com/hashtag/DragonB...io/iframe/twitter.min.html#975213139708010496

Despite being a cartoon, I think that this is a very manly show, that encourages the viewers to never give up, and to fight for their survival. As such, it is healthy to watch for western culture, which has been rather emasculated, my own country Sweden in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back