• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 62: I'm still on a streak and Goku is likely to get jobbered again

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of the PQ's Whis can create a clone of Jiren that is equal to strength of the original. So the angels are far above Jiren and MUI Goku.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
In one of the PQ's Whis can create a clone of Jiren that is equal to strength of the original. So the angels are far above Jiren and MUI Goku.
Not equal, he said "the closest to the real one".

Zenkaibattery1 said:
It implies it's almost at the full strength of Jiren.
Not necessarily. Lets says jiren is a 10.

He first creates a jiren that is a 1, then 2, and finally he creates the last one, the closest to the real ones strength, at a 4.7. The gap is still big, but it is still the closest to the real thing. In this case, it can be either way.

@Zenkai Doesn't actually matter. That could be hax. Anyways, it is unsure which version of Jiren that is, but it is assumed ToP Jiren [ Because he's prepping you FOR the tournament, meaning the PQ takes place before the Tournament ] , not Post-ToP Jiren. Meaning, it isn't the Jiren that had his limits broken, and it isn't a version of Jiren stronger than that [Post-ToP] .

I stated that if PQ 122 and the DLC Pack 6 was a indicator of what the Future Warrior can accomplish without Ultra Instinct , with it he should be equal, if not superior to the Angels, sans Daikinashan, as that is speculatory.

welp at least goku managed to overpower jiren at his peak so he is likely above jiren only time limit is now 1 min. Called it his limit was cut in half KEK

I wonder if jiren can keep breaking his limits like goku. If that's the case, fighting each other many times will get them to unimaginable heights, maybe that's why te interview hinted at jiren being a very important person.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
welp at least goku managed to overpower jiren at his peak so he is likely above jiren only time limit is now 1 min. Called it his limit was cut in half KEK
I don't think UI has a time limit, I think is because he is tired and out of energy that he is like this. if he had Full energy i doubt it would have ended like this.

welp now my neighbours and ppl in my area are questioning my fashion senses now

@Ovrhide jiren was more like a mental breakthrough than a physical one because he was fighting someone as strong as him, he cant replicate it for fighting anyone as strong as him.

Some of my thoughts this episode.

• As generic as the backstory is I couldn't help but feel bad for Jiren when he told himself "I won't let that happen to me again".
  • As for the fight while in my opinion it didn't really live up to the hype, but it was still really great. Besides a few small moments of wonky animation, I enjoyed it a lot.
  • What was weird was I was kinda thinking that it'd be cool if a montage of past events in Dragon Ball played while Goku and Jiren were fighting. I'm happy that happened.
  • Jiren's final power up was badass and I liked the fiery, hellish look that the arena had for a while after.
  • I guess I was wrong about my predictions of Goku getting eliminated, but you can't blame me with how those spoilers were worded ovo
  • I don't like how rushed and out of nowhere 17 popping back up was, but it was a pretty exciting and unexpected twist.
  • I found it odd that the Omni-Kings and Grand Priest had nothing to say during all of this.
  • Also No Limits Fallacy Instinct is over. MUI Goku got hit multiple times by Jiren.

@The 2nd Existential Seed

I don't think anyone said that Jiren was breaking his limits at the time.

Also I don't think Jiren is Angel level, nor is FW2 (although he would be hella OP with UI]

Jiren did break his limits, they say he accessed his hidden power.

"It looks like being cornered by Kakarot made him remember his past trauma".

"That must have awakened his hidden power".

YES, at the beggining, universe 1 Supreme Kai already stated that jiren was at full power when he commented on how goku would do against FP jiren. Then jiren went all UI, which was confirmed to be because of goku smashing his ass into pieces and remembering his trauma. And the fact that the preview for this episode stated that both jiren and goku were going to break their limits.

All right that's it. Jire has got to have the biggest justification for his tier on this entire wiki. Like seriously it's huuuuugeeee.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
All right that's it. Jire has got to have the biggest justification for his tier on this entire wiki. Like seriously it's huuuuugeeee.
Has anyone started on that yet lol

Looks like that magazine saying Goku "might" have surpassed Beerus was BS considering he can stomp the shit out of FP Jiren who himself is already above GoDs.

Jobbo said:
Looks like that magazine saying Goku "might" have surpassed Beerus was BS considering he can stomp the shit out of FP Jiren who himself is already above GoDs.
Those are always vague when it comes to power. They can't outright state who is stronger. Oh and btw, the literal translation is "it's beyond me..." so might wasn't use, but might is added because apperantly it was written in a way of uncertainty (hence the "...")

This episode is fuckery of highest proportions. Why 17 is still alive after all this sacrificial drama? What's next Hit comes out of pocket dimension?

Also it proves that Grand Priest doesn't have clairvoyance and shit

Damn, that was movie quality.

What a time to be alive, ma boi Lapis is back. yay

SO umm, I feel bad for jiren, but only because this episode showed me that jiren is a mentally ill person... I'm not joking there. He is traumatized by the death of his family and he was going to kill the people on universe 7 just to take away what goku cares about.

Jiren is mentally unstable and I like that for some reason

I agree with Ryu that 17's entry was rushed, they should have taken some time to bring back 17, because in all honesty, that was Freeza's moment.

I also felt bad for Jiren.

And one more thing, I don't think Jiren attacking the stands was a mindless act by a mindless villain.

I thought Jiren was trying to convey his message to Goku that friendship and trust doesn't matter at all. He said "Such things can be erased easily" while attacking, like what happened with his family and friends when he was little. That was some deep shit by DB standards.

AKM sama said:
And one more thing, I don't think Jiren attacking the stands was a mindless act by a mindless villain.

I thought Jiren was trying to convey his message to Goku that friendship and trust doesn't matter at all. He said "Such things can be erased easily" while attacking, like what happened with his family and friends when he was little. That was some deep shit by DB standards.
I don't think it was mindless, or that he is a villian, I just think he is mentally ill, as in he needs help. He clearly shows signs of it all through out this episode. His parents dying, friends and even his master must have been the trigger for it.

And also, part of what you said as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back