• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped following this guy since he said that Goku in UI is stronger than Googeta blue and was taking Super dragon ball heroes as an evidence LoL.

Lmao he kept ******** on power scaling in his latest review of heoroes because Gogeta was schooling Hearts but Vegito had issues with Cumber, dude just goes with what he likes.

Now don't get me wrong, DBH scaling is broken beyond repair, but Gogeta being way stronger than Vegito makes sense cuz Goku got a huge zenkai and training boost since prison planet. To be fair Jiren was beating Cumber, he only looks bad when it comes to Hearts treating him like a fodder.

@Ovrhide It wasn't really his opinion, it was Seth and Chuck w@anking off Jiren and saying he could one shot Broly.

Vegito in super appeared like a fodder LoL, but in manga he was OP. Even shin wondered about the possibility about Vegito being stronger than Beerus.

Vegerot in the anime wasn't fodder though, he gave Zamasu a fight and was even overpowering him at points

Eminiteable said:
If the DBs anime does a retelling of the super Broly events will it be considered the new canon?
I remember that the one who acts the voice for Vegeta in Italy said that DBS Broly takes a place between the end of the super and the beginning of the new arcs, so I dont think they will do a remake for it.

Eminiteable said:
If the DBs anime does a retelling of the super Broly events will it be considered the new canon?
Yes, the anime reteling would take precedence over the movie, just like they did with BOG and ROF.

This fanbase keeps getting its hopes crushed for an anime. At best we may have a movie coming imo, but right now all we have is the manga for those wanting a "serious" story.

Honestly I'm not bothered if the anime comes back as it means One Piece won't have to split it's animation staff.

Shock97 said:
This fanbase keeps getting its hopes crushed for an anime. At best we may have a movie coming imo, but right now all we have is the manga for those wanting a "serious" story.
You should ask the Bleach fans about this group therapy.

AppleLord said:
Shock97 said:
Are those guys still stuck with reading novels to see the rest of the story ?

Mmm. ƒñö

AppleLord said:
Mmm. ƒñö

Poor Bleach fans, at least we still get a manga even if i dislike a lot of what Toyotaro does.

I may read those Bleach novels. I can't stand the way the fates of many characters were left in the air before the novels lol.

How strong has Vegeta gotten when he trained in Yardrat? He is likely to be stronger then himself at SS before his Yardrat training. same could be said when Goku got angel training

He was surprised by his own power level, so I guess he improved a lot in this training. Moro is also getting stronger, so it'll be hard to scale.

MonzyMonz said:
How strong has Vegeta gotten when he trained in Yardrat? He is likely to be stronger then himself at SS before his Yardrat training. same could be said when Goku got angel training
Vegeta couldn't lift 1,000 tons in SS2 before but can now casually slap away a several story metallic building and stomp the guy that lifted and threw it.

Of course, we don't actually know what that building is made of, how heavy it is or how much stronger Vegeta has grown since he couldn't lift Magetta...but that still implies he may have grown hundreds of times stronger.

Vegeta couldn't lift 1,000 tons in SS2 before but can now casually slap away a several story metallic building and stomp the guy that lifted and threw it.

Of course, we don't actually know what that building is made of, how heavy it is or how much stronger Vegeta has grown since he couldn't lift Magetta...but that still implies he may have grown hundreds of times stronger.

the magetta scene is just an inconsistency that should be ignored

Yeah, I agree with PFM on this one. Goku was able to surive a mountain that HAD to weigh more than 1,000 tons being thrown on top of him by Freeza in the Namek Saga; I really don't see why Vegeta couldn't lift 1,000 tons in post-God ki SS2 in comparison.

Lifting strength is too inconsistent in Dragon Ball. I don't thing we should use it for multipliers.

@Stoned Orc that was filler.

Okay, but not being able to use multipliers in regards to lifting strength has no real relevance here.

Vegeta wasn't able to lift 1000-tons in Super Saiyan 2 before.

Base Vegeta now can flick away a building that should be way heavier, thrown by someone he stomped.

Ergo the narrative intent here by Toyotaro is:

Base Vegeta >> Zarbon knock-off >> SS2 Vegeta (VS Magetta)

Sure, you can't MULTIPLY this on the basis that lifting feats are rarely consistent in Dragon Ball, but it won't change that the author intent is displaying how much stronger Vegeta is from before. We can compare Vegeta's feat of flicking away the building to him failing to lift Magetta in a much higher form and indicate that Vegeta is much stronger than he was in SS2 against Magetta.

Or lifting strength is just super inconsistent. Remember when Goku could lift 40 tons? But now Vegeta's base can't even budge 20.

You...just said lifting strength is wildly inconsistent, so why are you claiming his base lifting strength would be consistent with his Super Saiyan lifting strength?

The argument being made isn't that the scaling is consistent form-to-form, the argument being made is that, narratively speaking, Base Vegeta's feat scales above SS2 Vegeta being unable to lift Magetta.

• SS2 Vegeta fails to lift 1000-tons
  • Later foe lifts and throws a building that should be in excess of 1000-tons
  • Toyotaro writes Base Vegeta (who just underwent a MASSIVE power increase) as casually flicking that building away
Presumably speaking, Toyotaro understands that a building is logically much heavier than 1000-tons. If this is the case, he is scaling Vegeta above his SS2 form from a few arcs prior.

I'm saying lifting strength in general is inconsistent.

That would require proof and those could also be inconsistencies.

Or he literally didn't consider anything of the sort and Dragon Ball is just meant to be for entertainment.

Basically, you'll need more proof than heavy lifting. Let's wait for something concrete.

Wait are we assuming Vegeta was SS2 during that time? Couldn't he just use the basic ass SS1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back