• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 79

Status
Not open for further replies.
CryoTheMayo said:
Nah I doubt it. Beerus himself claimed that he couldn't picture Goku defeating Frieza in his base form and we know Frieza and Beerus have some sort of intimate past. Toriyama himself stated that Beerus and Frieza used to be friends that had a 'falling out'.
That was brought up and rejected a long time ago. It is just that Goku was standing there suppressed and not at full power given that he was just having a casual chat with Beerus. A number of characters throughout the history of DB have been fooled repeatedly by the Earthlings' ability to suppress their normal power.

And if Shin's whole thing with Pui-Pui is anything to go by, base Saiyans in the Buu saga were already waaaaaay above Final Form Freeza.

Why doesn't Pui-Pui have a profile tho?

AKM sama said:
And if Shin's whole thing with Pui-Pui is anything to go by, base Saiyans in the Buu saga were already waaaaaay above Final Form Freeza.
Why doesn't Pui-Pui have a profile tho?
I think he doesn't have a profile because no one really bothered to do one, i remember an old thread where it was discussed but no one ever actualy made the page.

But i could be wrong.

Pui Pui is powerful enough to oneshot Yamu and Spopovich, but he gets one shotted by Base Vegeta.

HrishikeshM said:
can i make his page?
I'm sorry but I don't think your language and editing skills are ideal to create a page. We have strict standards, and it might just get deleted. I'd prefer if somebody else handles it.

The real cal howard said:
Yeah.
Let's go back to that.

What's wrong with that 90s feel? If anything I prefer the feel of 90s anime to modern anime. Feels less generic.
They're not aesthetically pleasing to look at for me, and if I don't like the way an animated series looks, then I won't watch it 99% of the time.

I'd rather have a generic looking anime whose art style is one I can enjoy looking at than a more original one that I find disgusting to look at.

If it is original and I like looking at it, then that's a bigger bonus for that series.

Bro a series can be astonishingly good and it'll fade from my memory very quickly if I can't tell the main guy is another Kirito and the main girl is another Saber.

Bro a series can be astonishingly good and it'll fade from my memory very quickly if I can't tell the main guy is another Kirito and the main girl is another Saber.
I like the "generic" art style though, like yeah, it would be nice if it was more unique, but I am not complaining if it isn't - it is still nice to look at.

If it is both unquie and good, than that's the best thing ever.

On the other hand, a series can be astonishingly good, but if it has a bad art style - then I won't watch it. Looking at bad art just ruins an enitre viewing experience for me.

That would be like a very good book but every word is written in a eye destroying color.

Also i liked SAO's style, it work well with current CGI, which make it mesh well with the gameverse version.

For once I wasn't dissing SAO. But every light novel protagonist tries to be Kirito and look like him. To put it into perspective, I was residing this manga called Instant Death or something like that. I turned away for five minutes to talk to someone and for the life of me I couldn't remember what a single character looked like.

Lol why those two, what animes have you been watching that makes you think that? I can't really think of many first girls or Main characters like them maybe like 1 for Kirito maybe and it's only from anime I heard not even watched that I heard was so bad, so I'm never watching. For Saber I could think of a few, but it wouldn't be a first girl.

For once I wasn't dissing SAO. But every light novel protagonist tries to be Kirito and look like him. To put it into perspective, I was residing this manga called Instant Death or something like that. I turned away for five minutes to talk to someone and for the life of me I couldn't remember what a single character looked like.
Yeah, i get what you mean, sometime with all those isekai, i end up not remembering who is who since they all look almost the same but i'm used to it since i played lots of Visual Novels and they almost all have that issue.

I haven't even watched SAO, but I've heard a lot of stuff about Kirito and I don't think much of anything of Saber. So your not hurting my feels here Cal.

Again, it's not a diss on Kirito or Saber.
What is wrong with that? Kirito is one of the worst wish fulfilment Gary sue in recent years and at this point is a standared for bad main characters.

Every thread is a diss Kirito thread. We must fight this disease (ÔûÇ╠┐─╣╠»ÔûÇ╠┐ ╠┐)

Meh, outside of memes, Kirito is fine, he actualy fail and has more issue than many character people claim as 'losers', he also has the advantage of having an actual personality, he isn't like the CAC from Xenoverse for exemple.

I like Kirito, he's fine.

I can honestly say I don't wish to put myself through the stuff that he's been through at all.

ZERO7772 said:
>Likes Kirito
>Find FMA boring

You might just have shit taste Warren.
Nah, I am just not a sheep like you.

And I don't really "like" Kirito - I just don't find anything wrong with him - like I said, he's fine. Kind of basic, but decent.

At least the main character in SAO isn't annoying to listen to like Edward is, if I have to hear another one of Edward's tirades about someone calling him too short, I think I'll snap.

ZERO7772 said:
I wish we could ban people for having shitty tastes like this ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
Well, you can't.

So bathe in the supremacy of my Ultimate Hot Takes.

'Cause I got a lot more and I have the ability to share them.

That's funny because I saw that Yobo had commented here and before I even clicked on it I had already decided on making my comment "Yobo why are you here go back to your legos"

Why would you want to ban yourself ?

I have a supreme test that is hard to understand for pelps like you.

Well, you can't.

So bathe in the supremacy of my Ultimate Hot Takes.

'Cause I got a lot more and I have the ability to share them.

Shut up and watch FMA Warren.

EDIT: We are a little off topic here so I will just stop here I guess.

ZERO7772 said:
Shut up and watch FMA Warren.

EDIT: We are a little off topic here so I will just stop here I guess.
But it's baaaaaaaaaddd.

The magic system isn't particularly intriguing, there's no part of the world that hooks me, I don't like any of the villains, none of the plot beats are especially riveting, and the main protagonists (mainly just Edward) are annoying.

The thing I look for in a series is an interesting world and enjoyable characters. I get none of that with FMA.

Why would anyone ever watch it? What do you find good about it?

Because I am floored at its acclaim.

Comment on my wall if you don't want to continue the conversation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back