• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 79

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
For once I wasn't dissing SAO. But every light novel protagonist tries to be Kirito and look like him. To put it into perspective, I was residing this manga called Instant Death or something like that. I turned away for five minutes to talk to someone and for the life of me I couldn't remember what a single character looked like.
Laughs in Ainz

Ainz

ZERO7772 said:
Why would you want to ban yourself ?
I have a supreme test that is hard to understand for pelps like you.
We know you have supreme bad taste, it doesn't answer why you suddenly want us to ban people like you.

My name is ZERO7772 not Dragmer so I obviously can't be banned cuz my taste is supreme on objective level.

I will admit your name is better than mine though. Wish could change my name =.=

AKM sama said:
CryoTheMayo said:
Nah I doubt it. Beerus himself claimed that he couldn't picture Goku defeating Frieza in his base form and we know Frieza and Beerus have some sort of intimate past. Toriyama himself stated that Beerus and Frieza used to be friends that had a 'falling out'.
That was brought up and rejected a long time ago. It is just that Goku was standing there suppressed and not at full power given that he was just having a casual chat with Beerus. A number of characters throughout the history of DB have been fooled repeatedly by the Earthlings' ability to suppress their normal power.
The entirety of the Beerus saga had Beerus masterfully suppressing his power to something like 0.000000000000000001%. Everyone on Namek and in the Saiyan saga were shocked due to them having no idea that you could suppress your energy to that extent. So I doubt Beerus would fall for the same trick.

I honestly don't see a reason to believe Goku grew 50x stronger in the span of the story when he had no superior training after 100x gravity and King Kai or the fact that Vegeta's best training was only 5x more difficult than what Goku underwent in the Namek saga but whatever. Realistically speaking this argument influences nothing so I'll just drop it. Haven't even read Dragomer's response tbh.

ZERO7772 said:
My name is ZERO7772 not Dragmer so I obviously can't be banned cuz my taste is supreme on objective level.
I will admit your name is better than mine though. Wish could change my name =.=
Once again, you already made obvious that your taste is supremely bad on an objective level, that still doesn't answer why you want us to ban you, i assure you, no one mind the comedy you provide.

CryoTheMayo said:
So I doubt Beerus would fall for the same trick.

I honestly don't see a reason to believe Goku grew 50x stronger in the span of the story when he had no superior training
There is no falling for it. You can't sense a guy's full power if he's not at full power.

That's an argument from belief. DB is notorious for its inconsistent gains. Goku was already stronger when he came back to Earth in the Android saga. He trained 3 years with Piccolo and then for another in the RoSaT. He trained for 7 years in the afterlife. Not to mention that people can just sit back and enjoy the power of plot, insane zenkai boosts and little training giving insane amount of boosts that's been a staple throughout DB. It makes perfect strength.

Warren Valion said:
I like Kirito, he's fine.
I can honestly say I don't wish to put myself through the stuff that he's been through at all.
You want to put yourself through the stuff FMAB characters have been through?

AKM sama said:
CryoTheMayo said:
So I doubt Beerus would fall for the same trick.

I honestly don't see a reason to believe Goku grew 50x stronger in the span of the story when he had no superior training
There is no falling for it. You can't sense a guy's full power if he's not at full power.
That's an argument from belief. DB is notorious for its inconsistent gains. Goku was already stronger when he came back to Earth in the Android saga. He trained 3 years with Piccolo and then for another in the RoSaT. He trained for 7 years in the afterlife. Not to mention that people can just sit back and enjoy the power of plot, insane zenkai boosts and little training giving insane amount of boosts that's been a staple throughout DB. It makes perfect strength.
The only character to have zenkai boosts after Goku and Vegeta in the Frieza saga is Cell. I also don't recall any 'plot boosts' outside of GT and Super. I'd also argue Piccolo gained far more from training with Goku, considering Piccolo was nearing Super Saiyan-levels before he merged with Kami. There is no actual evidence of Goku growing so strong outside of Super, GT and the Frieza saga and we have no way of gauging it.

Overall, we only have what Beerus has to say to gauge their strength. I've already discussed Pui Pui scaling in the Pui Pui revision thread so if you have any arguments regarding that, I'd like it if you (or anyone else here) could post it there.

"Overall, we only have what Beerus has to say to gauge their strength."

Which isn't remotely reliable as I've already pointed out.

"There is no actual evidence of Goku growing so strong outside of Super, GT and the Frieza saga and we have no way of gauging it."

Yes there is. And yes we have. Shin is strong enough to end Freeza in a single blow. He also knows about Freeza's final form. (This is evident by the fact that they know what a Super Saiyan is, a form used against Freeza. He also knew the Saiyans' names. He knew that the saiyans were now the strongest in the universe, the position that belonged to Freeza for so many years. Which implies he also knows about Freeza's death. He also read Vegeta's mind and made a direct comparison to Freeza because he knew Vegeta is familiar with Freeza's strength. So he did his research. Also Freeza was a big deal in the universe so he would've been watching over him and his encounters with the saiyans and that would explain why he knows all of this.)

The same Shin was completely dumbfounded when he witnessed Vegeta's power against Pui Pui, even making a comment about his ridiculous strength. That's more than plenty evidence to prove that the base Saiyans in the Buu saga were far above Final Form Freeza.

>Shin is strong enough to end Frieza in one blow.

Yet Frieza conquers the galaxy and governs it like a tyrant.

>Shin does nothing.

No wonder thr U7 is thr second worst universe lol.

Freeza was basically doing the work of U7's hakaishin lol. Plus, he had Beerus's protection, sort of.

AKM sama said:
Freeza was basically doing the work of U7's hakaishin lol. Plus, he had Beerus's protection, sort of.
I thought about this point too that Freeza was basically doing the Beerus's work as he was asleep, hahaha!

Lol?

I think yall are mistaken.

GoDs arent about just Destruction, they are supposed to destroy anything that is bad for the universe's development while the creation doods help with said development. They are an inmune system... Sort of.

Frieza was nothing like that.

PaChi2 said:
Lol?
I think yall are mistaken.

GoDs arent about just Destruction, they are supposed to destroy anything that is bad for the universe's development while the creation doods help with said development. They are an inmune system... Sort of.

Frieza was nothing like that.
And they are also supposed to cut off any planete that doesn't develop well enough, like cutting off a cancerous growth, Freezer did that and Freezer's empire pretty much pushed everyone forward in term of power and technologie since either you were part of them and received all their advanced stuff or you had to develop better and faster to escape them.

Since Freezer was evil, it wasn't as good / effective as it could have been but it still was better than nothing happening and the universe becoming a primitive overpopulated hellhole like U9 (an almost dead universe with a few advanced race is only marginaly better but still better)

Clearly that wasnt the case or U7 wouldnt have been the second worst. Enslaving other races and waging war against everything didnt make U7 gain points.

Frieza didnt "cut off cancerous growth", he either sold the planets or he didnt care. Best example is Earth, an underdeveloped planet Frieza didnt give two **** about.

Offtopic: If I were Beerus I would have long asked Shenron to make Shin immortal.

Quick, send that idea to Toriyama.

Anyway, Beerus wasn't a good hakaishin either. He destroyed half a planet because the food didn't taste better and destroyed another just because.

PaChi2 said:
Clearly that wasnt the case or U7 wouldnt have been the second worst. Enslaving other races and waging war against everything didnt make U7 gain points.
Frieza didnt "cut off cancerous growth", he either sold the planets or he didnt care. Best example is Earth, an underdeveloped planet Frieza didnt give two **** about.

Offtopic: If I were Beerus I would have long asked Shenron to make Shin immortal.
It was the case otherwise U7 would have been the same as U9 as i'v already said, U9 became like that because their GoD was merely undecisive, Beerus sleeping all the time would have probably had a much worst result if it wasn't for Buu and Freezer almost killing everyone.

I never said it was Freezer's goal but it's what his action led to.

It was the case otherwise U7 would have been the same as U9 as i'v already said, U9 became like that because their GoD was merely undecisive, Beerus sleeping all the time would have probably had a much worst result if it wasn't for Buu and Freezer almost killing everyone.

I thought it was said that Freiza and Buu were examples of bad things that happened because Beerus slept so much? Since Buu in particular went around destroying lots of planets and the level of a universe's worth depends on the amount of planets with advanced life on them?

DragonEmperor23 said:
I thought it was said that Freiza and Buu were examples of bad things that happened because Beerus slept so much? Since Buu in particular went around destroying lots of planets and the level of a universe's worth depends on the amount of planets with advanced life on them?
Freezer litteraly had Beerus's approval (at least for a while) so not really.

But yeah for Buu, i was just talking about how almost killing everyone is one of the stuff that stopped U7 from being U9.

Hopefully it does, even the Super calc might be slightly lowballed.

UltimateFlare said:
I thought you where joking but holy shit his win list is gargantuan.
It's not surprising when you think about it.

Compared to most in his tier(s), Goku is a relatively unhaxed fighter who holds back in the interest of a fun fight. Very skilled, very strong, but his overall approach is predictable (Direct fighting with simple ranged attacks.) & in-character he usually doesn't mix it up much. Meanwhile, other 3-As/2-Cs/Low 2-Cs tend to be 'verse ending threats with superscience or magical powers & much more reason to go for the kill ASAP.

Mr. Satan, meanwhile, is known as a joke character for his standing in his own universe, despite being superhuman, skilled enough to win a fighting tournament, has the insight, cowardice & sense to fight dirty & defensively when need be, & the tools (Weapons, poisons, etc.) as long as his reputation isn't on the line. And he's in Tier 9-B, where a lot of opponents aren't much more haxed than he is, with his possible jetpack, firearms, explosives, poison gas & martial arts.

Both are relatively low haxed, but strong & skilled. Mr. Satan's character type is just much more effective fighting other characters that tend to land in his tier, while Goku's character type usually doesn't help him much against the often literal gods he faces on VSBW.

....um, Super Goku's Win-Loss Ratio is actually pretty good. Hercule just has a truely impressive win-loss record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back