• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 79

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAKKAIDER said:
TREM HYPE TRAIN IS HERE

akira toryama confirma DRAGON BALL Z KAKAROT HAVE A NEW CANONICAL HISTORYS
I already posted the link earlier

Also for Goku's win-lose, most of his lose and win don't seems to ever get added anyway and i'm halfway sure the Dante one is an error since the thread itself had ditched Dante halfway through and replaced him with Virgil IIRC.

UltimateFlare said:
Nah, the Dante one was done once he reached Low 2-C and did a rematch.
So many thread happens and get added before i even notice them, it's weird, it's kinda hard to find active threads sometime.

One day, Frieza will be Tier 4 even in his first form. Perhaps around Low 4-C, and then we'll have further legitimacy for the where in between profiles.

Now that I think about it, did Freeza blowing up planet Vegeta in the Broly movie ever get calced?

Having watched it, you don't actually get a good look at it being exploded and I simply say the reflection on Frieza's counter. And Matt said it roughly has the same animation as Super's version. Though, I will say one lowball of the calc is that it was lowballed using average velocity rather than initial velocity; which would heighted the result somewhat.

AKM sama said:
Yeah, I meant they'd. lol
@DDM Nothing but wishful thinking that's never gonna happen
It would awesome if for the new movie, we had anime expertise from a studio that work on the One Punch Man Season 1, hahaha!

MonzyMonz said:
We are getting another DB Super movie! Confirmed by Toei.
Old news and it was guaranteed anyway.

And i find that DBS Broly looked much better than OPM so i hope they continue on that line.

Toei can really step up their game when they want, they have talented animators. They just don't because they have many long-running weekly shows.

Episodes 110, 130, 131 and Broly movie are fine examples of this.

I would assume making DBS for them was much more exhausting becasue they needed to write down the plot of every episode and actually comes up with cool movement and actions scenes as they moved along the way, unlike One Piece for example who they just need to bring the panels to life and thats it.

Toriyama being the old man he is, he can't bring himself to write down a deatiled anime episode script every week, although he did write down 3 hours script for the movie so I guess he don't mind a movie once a year.

DB works much better as movies IMO

Now let's make Janemba canon.

I want muh Janemba boi to wreck sh** and force Beerus to fight it.

I'd love that.

PaChi2 said:
Now let's make Janemba canon.
I want muh Janemba boi to wreck sh** and force Beerus to fight it.

I'd love that.
This is a brilliant idea.

Janemba has always been my favorite movie villian - he's design and powers are too cool.

I would love to see a fight with him with the same level of animation that was used for the Broly movie.

I really wish that instead of getting a new transformation each arc - that they'd learn a new ability or something.

I like Dragon Ball fights, but they can do with a little more spice imo.

Yeah. I still feel like they should do more with God Ki. Like, expand more on the difference between it and normal ki. Elaborate on what makes a god a god. Not being able to sense it was a good first step but it hasn't gone anywhere since then.

The real cal howard said:
@Warren.
Aren't you the same guy who didn't care for Part 1 Dragon Ball though, where that's what they did? ovo
Unless my memory is really off, that didn't happen. I can't remember any time that they learned a new ability in each arc, albeit maybe creating afterimages.

Also, I said I didn't like Part 1 as much as I did Part 2. Not that I didn't like it at all.

The only part of OG Dragon Ball that I don't like are the Pilaf Saga and the Red Ribbon Army Saga - I find those arcs boring.

The rest of part one is tournament arcs and Piccolo Daimaou (which is one of, if not my favorite arc in Dragon Ball).

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah. I still feel like they should do more with God Ki. Like, expand more on the difference between it and normal ki. Elaborate on what makes a god a god. Not being able to sense it was a good first step but it hasn't gone anywhere since then.
And even that seems contradicted at times.

Found something that describes how I feel towards SSB and SSJ4 as forms pretty well.

"By the way, I had something I wanted talk about. Mainly, the difference between Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan God/Blue. Mainly, on what both versions could symbolize for Saiyan's and Ki in general.

Super Saiyan 4 seems to be based around what the perfect Saiyan would be. The tail needing to be attatched, the fur coat that appears, the process of moving from Great Ape to SS4, all seem focused on taking everything standard about a Saiyan, and pushing it to the max. In fact, it could be seen as the opposite of regular Super Saiyan forms. Each Super Saiyan form boost ki, sure, but they never seemed to have much to do with the Great Ape form at all. While SS4 could have fit in very well in Dragonball as a upgrade to the Ape form. I'd say that if Super Saiyan didn't exist, SS4 would instead be call Perfected Great Ape.

Super Saiyan God/Blue on the other hand, is an elevation of ki as well, but on another level. While Super Saiyan 4 could be seen as a Saiyan brought up to the purest level of their animalistic upbringing, the God forms are explicitly the next level of Ki in general. It can be used by multiple species of creatures, is far more potent and powerful, and turns even Goku and Vegeta's base forms into something epic. Unlike SS4, which massively changes appearance, Super Saiyan God's changed were subtler, with SSBlue being a color change at best. The physical doesn't matter as much as the ki abilities.

I don't know, I just find it interesting how different SS4 and SSB are, while sharing so many similarities. Both are elevations of things we loved in the old school stuff, and both make a certain kind of sense. One is the Great Ape's successor, the other is a evolution to all the other forms and power ups, even bringing back Kaio-Ken.

Just a random thought."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back