• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get "Dragon Ball: A Visual History' around fall 2019, it will have exclusive creator commentary so it will maybe have new info or confirm a few things.

Gogeta managed to dodge most of SSJ Broly's bloodlusted blasts and deflect the rest of them even when in Base, while SSB Goku and Vegeta had their combined power cancelled out by Broly's attacks.

I think Gogeta is pretty clearly meant to be above both of his fusees even in base.

I guess it's because different sources can't decide if the base form of the fusion is stronger than the fusees at their max

To be fair Basee Gogeta didn't really do anything Blue Goku or Vegeta didn't, since Goku managed to deflect a barrage of ki blasts on his own and both Vegeta and he were at least able to dodge And counterattack Broly for a bit even if they did no real damage. Meanwhile with Goatgeta he just acted cocky and dodged a bit in base before go ssj.

@Ultima

It's pretty much indicated in both the manga and movie that a base fusion is stronger than the max power of the sum of its parts. In the manga, while Perfected Super Saiyan Blue Goku was able to fight toe to toe with Zamasu, Base Vegito was able to casually blast part of his torso off.

Dragomer said:
Ultima Reality said:
CryoTheMayo said:
Is Frieza getting a Low 2-C key? He should be considered at least comparable to SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta due to his feats of fighting Broly for an hour and his Golden form knocking Broly away by a dozen meters (with Broly shown to be shocked).
I don't think he should, since their "fight" just boiled down to Broly smacking him around for a full hour, he has really no feats of being comparable to SSB Goku and Vegeta as of now.
Except neither Vegeta nor Goku could take a beating from Broly for that long, hell, they had to run away after a shorter fight against a weaker Broly.
If handling a MFTL+ Bloodlusted Low 2-C (who is like in the thousand of time above baseline at the very least) for an hour doesn't make you low 2-C too, i don't know what would.
This

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah I'm with Ultima, just getting beat up by Broly shouldn't make him Low 2-C.
Dude, he got a beatdown for an hour straight.

It's clearly Low 2-C.

He wouldn't be able to survive if he wasn't somewhat comparable.

No no. I understand. Frieza taking on a monster, that can stomp Low 2-Cs effortlessly, for an hour isn't worthy of Low 2-C scaling. Frieza taking Low 2-C punches, kicks, energy blasts and more for over an hour isn't worth scaling to Low 2-C.

Frieza isn't Low 2-C via scaling because he got ragdolled by a monster, that could ragdoll Low 2-Cs with extreme ease, for over an hour. Never mind that his transformation into Golden could push Broly (who had his heels digged into the ground) by a dozen meters and cause Broly (somebody who curbstomped two Low 2-Cs at the same time) to become visibly shocked.

BlackeJan said:
Gonna go see the movie today! wish me luck!
i bet it'll be full AF

Also frieza seemed to get beaten up for comic relief of the fusions. Considering he never even damaged broly

Golden Frieza got beat up for a full minute and not even a few moments later he's completely fine.

Also Planet Vegeta got reduced to tiny particles in mere seconds. Most of it happened off-screen tho. That's the canon version now.

I watched the movie, BTW. It was ******* awesome.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah I'm with Ultima, just getting beat up by Broly shouldn't make him Low 2-C.
Tanking the attacks for an hour of a bloodlusted Low 2-C who can already curb other Low 2-Cs. If it wasnt a straight hour I could agree with you, but dude, the guy wasnt oneshoted and survived.

He should scale. Its more legit than UI omen first trigger scaling to Low 2-C for barely lasting seconds against a highly surppressed casual Jiren.

To compare. Casual Jiren could one-shot an enraged Golden Frieza (albeit just a few minutes after he was crushed by Toppo) and it's blatant that SS Broly is much MUCH stronger than that.

I agree with PaChi. Frieza would at the very least be a stone wall.

CryoTheMayo said:
To compare. Casual Jiren could one-shot an enraged Golden Frieza (albeit just a few minutes after he was crushed by Toppo) and it's blatant that SS Broly is much MUCH stronger than that.
Frieza could barely stand up then.

Broly is a completely different matter.

Actually from what I heard Frieza actually survived a beating from Broly for 3 hours. Since Goku and Vegeta failed Fusion Dance twice so they had to wait 60 minutes. And you still have to add the Fusion Dance cool down twice which totals up to 2 hours. So Frieza technically survived a beating from Broly for 3 hours straight unless the fusion cool down thing got retconned.

Not sure where you heard that from. I have watched the movie and gone over the novel (albeit with google translate so it's obviously inaccurate) and both sources explicitly mention the fusion lasting half an hour each time. It also specifically says at the end of Frieza's fight against Broly that his ability to last over an hour against him was worthy of his title as Emperor of the Universe.

Speaking of novel. It mentions that Golden Frieza can budge Broly's body with his attacks (this is after over half an hour of fighting) but his attacks were doing no damage. Goku and Vegeta are depicted as managing to budge Broly with a combined kick to the back against SS Broly but the one Frieza was fighting was most likely stronger than that.

I wish I could translate it properly because the dimension feat sounds interesting. Google translate is pretty crap but it's somewhat accurate...So I guess I should at least mention it.

It describes SS Gogeta and SS Broly's energy as being so powerful that it like...surpassed or broke the boundaries of the universe which transported them to that other dimension. When Broly slams Gogeta around and we see more reality shattering it describes it as something like Broly smashing Gogeta against the walls of space. When they exit the dimension it's described as them 'crumbling' the dimension.

But yeah, google translate is trash. We need proper translations from someone who actually knows how to read japanese.

The total fusion time lasts about 30 minutes, depending on the amount of ki that is used. After that, it takes the character's bodies another hour before they are able to fuse again.

30 minutes of Fusion + 1 hour of cool down = 1 1/2 hours x 2 = 3 hours.

From that description, It seems Gogeta and Broly just litteraly ascended to a highter plane while fighting and destroyed said plane, so at the very least, they physicaly went and destroyed a 4D plane and possibly (i'd say probably) a 5D plane since we already saw that ki could affect 4D stuff while the characters themself kept being 3 dimensional in nature.

Would need a better / credible translation to be sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back