• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that a weakened base Vegerot managed to blow half of Fused Zamasu with one shot(i'm talking manga)...why did he go blue again? Like even God or even SS2 would be able to exterminate him without using much power

At least I think it would work

Wouldn't using the other forms generate more merch and have more fanservice? (We get to see Vegerot other forms in official media other than Heroes and they can make merch about it, it's a win-win)

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I personally disagree. I much, much prefer the tried and worn "but he was still too strong!" to not get in the middle there. Broly was very goddarned ppweful, but even he had limits. And despite Blue overpowering hin, most of the fight felt like an actual fight with some struggling from both sides. I can only see so much "cool stompage of much higher power" before it feels a little dry.
Agreed.

The best fights are the fights where both sides are pretty equal footing and the fight feels like it could go either way.

Goku vs. Vegeta

Piccolo vs. 17

Goku vs. Cell

Gotenks vs. Buu

Goku vs. Hit

These were all good because it was a clash of two opponents who were well matched and the fight was more interesting seeing them trying different manuvers on each other than one side just completely dominating.

I disagree, I love a good stomp.

Just seeing someone effortlessly break their opponent is a catharsis for the more violent and darker tendencies that I have.

Although an even fight can be good, it has to be really raw to elicit a similar emotion to me.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Goku vs majin Vegeta was kinda raw despite both being comparable
That was a no-holds barred beatdown on both sides and I loved every moment of it.

One thing I like about DB's fights as a whole is that they feel entertaining for the vast most part, even to this day, the stomps and the even contests. The only other series that I enjoy the fights that much, if not more, would be One Piece. Naruto is hit or miss and don't even get me started with Bleach.

It's a big reason why I keep coming back to DB despite everything.

I've heard the fights in DBS Broly are very fast paced. While I like them, I enjoy the use of slow-motion at some places in between them much more. It gives me time to admire the action sequences and provides a much deeper impact to each blow. That's why I like Goku vs Majin Vegeta.

Broly breaks record in Bolivia with the best premier for an animated film in the history of Bolivia. https://www.eldeber.com.bo/escenas/...jor-estreno-en-su-historia-20190111-9065.html

It also made $2.35 million in just the opening day in Mexico.

I personally disagree. I much, much prefer the tried and worn "but he was still too strong!" to not get in the middle there. Broly was very goddarned ppweful, but even he had limits. And despite Blue overpowering hin, most of the fight felt like an actual fight with some struggling from both sides. I can only see so much "cool stompage of much higher power" before it feels a little dry.

But there is no real tension at all. Making one character impossibly strong and killing the feeling of tension are two different things

UltimateFlare said:
Considering that a weakened base Vegerot managed to blow half of Fused Zamasu with one shot(i'm talking manga)...why did he go blue again? Like even God or even SS2 would be able to exterminate him without using much power

At least I think it would work
Because of fan-service. Vegito's existence in that arc by itself is fan-service by their own admission since Toriyama didn't even include him in the original script for that arc

Well, this is huge...in fact MAXIMUM

https://mobile.twitter.com/BORReport/status/1084512406041030657

"Dragon Ball Super: Broly grossed an estimated $20.0M internationally this weekend, including a $6.5M debut in Mexico. International total stands at $54.3M."

$20 million in just one weekend is amazing. Latin America is crazy over DB. In Mexico, it surpassed the total gross of RoF in one weekend too. Plus, Broly has surpassed BoG's total international gross at a very good pace.

>When the producers realize the fact everyone knew. DB is popular and injecting some effort into it gets you moneymoneymoney in absurd levels.

And no, Zero. I simply mean I am a little tired of stomping in DB with how frequent it is. There can be tension in the process of the fight rather than it's result, or in the obviously weaker fighter having ways around to match to the stronger. I didn't doubt Goku would win vs Vegeta, but he got so ****** up the fight was still tense. And Vegeta was more powerful, coming back every time but Goku still had ways to hurt him, and the damage stuck without some silly Regenerationn to keep him together. And as a bonus, others contributed no matter how little while keeping Goku the focus, and both Vegeta and Goku abused everything on their arsenal. Is still one of my most favorite fights, up there with their kinda rematch during Buu Saga, Goku vs Cell and Goku vs Kid Buu, but those two for kinda different reasons.

I'm hoping that DB Broly encourages high quality additions to Dragon Ball for money milking instead of the gross GT tier stuff that Heroes craps out on a regular basis. Honestly, Heroes is just GT quality all around. A few great ideas that are either executed poorly or are weighed down by all of the garbage around it. Only really works if you just turn your brain off and enjoy the stupid content.

OOh....OOHHHH

I thought it was some kind of important statement, not the weird stuff is tail does

His tail looked like it was filled by something and was about to burst or something in that scene

For the context : Freezer just got excited and his tail just ....did that, twitter is already exploding with dick jokes about it .

Goku:Ewww, gross, there's a time and place for that and this is neither

(this is based on how he reacted in movie 8 to Broly licking his own blood)

CryoTheMayo said:
Maybe he is just getting ready to pull a Cell and birth Kuriza.
Honestly, Freezer deciding to have a kid would answer so many question we have about his race and would be an interesting arc with the kid and his reaction to the Goku's crew.

Inb4 his child is the complete opposite of him and that makes Papa Frieza crazy.

Kuriza teams up with Goten, Marron, Pan, Bulla, and Trunks and goes on wacky adventures in the Dragon Ball Spinoff: Dragon Ball: School Days

Honestly. I have the impression that Toriyama thinks Frieza would be a doting parent. In Neko Majin Z we can see Kuriza is an incredibly playful, albeit slightly bratty, child that likes to show off his power and play games. King Cold is often shown to praise and favour Frieza (over Cooler albeit not canon) so it's possible that Frieza inherited some parental pride from his father.

If Kuriza were to become canon he would be part of the same age group as Pan and Bra and part of the same generation as Uub so it would work for a whole 'next generation of fighters' scenario. I'm just wondering if it would be more traumatic if Pan or Bra had a puppy crush on him. On one hand, Gohan was mercilessly tortured and given PTSD by Frieza several times but on the other hand we have Vegeta who was effectively enslaved by Frieza and had his entire culture destroyed by him.

Hst master said:
Kuriza teams up with Goten, Marron, Pan, Bulla, and Trunks and goes on wacky adventures in the Dragon Ball Spinoff: Dragon Ball: School Days
DBS's version of Kuriza just kidnap them all to go to space school with him after Frieza forces him and Chichi goes full 'my son is getting the best education in the universe' before Goku can hope to creat a rescue mission, so they are all stuck going to school.

The kid being Freezer's opposite would be even funnier if he is stronger than him just like Freezer was stronger than Cold.

CryoTheMayo said:
Honestly. I have the impression that Toriyama thinks Frieza would be a doting parent. In Neko Majin Z we can see Kuriza is an incredibly playful, albeit slightly bratty, child that likes to show off his power and play games. King Cold is often shown to praise and favour Frieza (over Cooler albeit not canon) so it's possible that Frieza inherited some parental pride from his father.
If Kuriza were to become canon he would be part of the same age group as Pan and Bra and part of the same generation as Uub so it would work for a whole 'next generation of fighters' scenario. I'm just wondering if it would be more traumatic if Pan or Bra had a puppy crush on him. On one hand, Gohan was mercilessly tortured and given PTSD by Frieza several times but on the other hand we have Vegeta who was effectively enslaved by Frieza and had his entire culture destroyed by him.
Vegeta in the namek saga made clear he didn't care about either, all he cared was that Freezer was stronger than him and hurt his pride.

I don't know how Gohan would react to Pan having a crush on anyone but i don't think he'd judge Freezer's son by his parents.

I'm thinking more of the lines of having to deal with Frieza. Going into fanfiction territory here. Imagine Frieza, Vegeta and Gohan all sitting down at a park bench as they awkwardly watch their children have fun in the playground or imagine having Frieza be a father-in-law to Pan or Bra.

So Super DBH is coming to PC as well? I have been always interested in trying DBH, I am glad it's coming to PC after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back