• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celestial Pegasus said:
Shock97 said:
What's so bad about the Time Skip? It's great hax, I don't get why everyone is wishing for Jojo levels of hax, at that point it wouldn't be DB anymore. I for one am glad more and more warriors are getting hax abilities.
Nothing is wrong with time skip its a good ability but i am dissatified with the level of hax in dbs so far. Dbs has high raw power but is severly lacking decent hax, it doesnt have to anything ridiculous i just want the characters to have decent hax and not these limited abilities that they have now.
Well don't forget you still have the abilities already shown from Whis, Vados, Beerus and anything new they will likely show in the future along with Zarama. I'm almost certain Vados and Whis have molecular manipulation but I'm waiting for an explicit feat, would creating oxygen count as molecular manipulation? Also as I've said before the possibility that their DC/Raw Power will become hax by itself (atomic destruction, space-time affliction, ect). Just hold on for a little bit, what we've gotten so far isn't bad at all.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
dont scale it to the canon db saga tho :eek:
I know, however I found some rather interesting facts that could give a massive speed boost in the non-canon department.

Like how do you feel about MFTL Android Saga Goku? (Or whatever saga Cooler takes place in)

SomebodyData said:
dont scale it to the canon db saga tho :eek:
I know, however I found some rather interesting facts that could give a massive speed boost in the non-canon department.
Like how do you feel about MFTL Android Saga Goku? (Or whatever saga Cooler takes place in)
so non canon speed boost?

i see

well the kaoiken was in the slug movie, wheere slug is above ginyu, but most likely below frieza

@Shock whis and vados have shown some decent abilities but they really aren't that impressive whis time reversal is not only limited to 5 minutes but he can only do it once. And they have molecular manipulation but it hasnt been shown to be used to do anything impressive or on a decent scale. Idk man at this point i have no expectation for decent hax from dbs if it happens though i would like it but i seriously doubt it.

so non canon speed boost?

i see

well the kaoiken was in the slug movie, wheere slug is above ginyu, but most likely below frieza
I see, that will be very useful thank you

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Shock whis and vados have shown some decent abilities but they really aren't that impressive whis time reversal is not only limited to 5 minutes but he can only do it once. And they have molecular manipulation but it hasnt been shown to be used to do anything impressive or on a decent scale. Idk man at this point i have no expectation for decent hax from dbs if it happens though i would like it but i seriously doubt it.
I kind agree on Whis rundown so far. I would say truly powerful hax abilities will be showcased when and if Whis or Beerus decide to cut loose, since Akira has made it clear they are Gods of the highest order and in his mind a God should be capable of many things or from any other potential villian. Again best chance for the Saiyans to have any notable hax would be hax DC (which again is possible).

Can Molecular Manipulation be added to Whis and Vados profile with a specification that it's for creation purposes only? I think they should have this to be accurate since we at least know Vados can manipulate molecules since she created an atmosphere with oxygen.

1112077-screenshot012
Can someone confirm if this is a correct translation?
If so, all kaioken action moves happened in a timefrime of 1 heartbeat?

TakatoBlue said:
1112077-screenshot012
Can someone confirm if this is a correct translation?
If so, all kaioken action moves happened in a timefrime of 1 heartbeat?
Unsure on the legitimacy of the translation. "For a Heartbeat" is possibly just an expression, though. If he's serious about the timeframe, get ready for some possible speed upgrades.

@Shock we already have whis and vados having matter manipulation so molecular manipulation is unnecessary and it is specified that it was used create the stadium and an atmosphere.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Shock we already have whis and vados having matter manipulation so molecular manipulation is unnecessary and it is specified that it was used create the stadium and an atmosphere.
I ask because some profiles I've seen have Molecular Manipulation specified, when they have proven they have that level of control..

Wbaez93 said:
"It'll be simple enough for kids to enjoy."

Ugh, smh.
You do realize Dragon Ball is a kiddie anime/manga right?

Also to the people complaining about Hax, you need to remember that authors don't care(like at all) about powerlevels, and expecting a series to be just a showing of feats and feats is ridiculous and just a pretty dumb idea. I mean you should probably read a Superman comic where they go into details about how great Superman is if you want that. Dragon Ball is known for being fun and simplistic, adding BLEACH tier Hax would ruin the fights because that's not dragon ball at all. Also I think people are being really closed about the 0.1 thing, these guys are MFTL+ so A LOT of things can happen in 0.1 seconds.

@Wbaez dragon is aimed at kids it always has been and always will be. You might not like it been that way because your not a kid but you were once and now that your older you probably expect dragon ball to grow with you but it wont.

@Inoue Just because dragon ball is simplistic doesnt mean it cant have hax i am not asking for anything ridiculous like causality manipulation or reality manipulation here just basic hax abilities like idk soul manipulation or atomic manipulation or mind control those arent that hard to incorporate into the story and they will actually make the fights more interesting if everyone had an ability like that specific to them. Though i guess using my own logic i expect too much from dragon ball as i am older now and dont just want to see the same old generic ki blast and punching all the time.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Inoue Just because dragon ball is simplistic doesnt mean it cant have hax i am not asking for anything ridiculous like causality manipulation or reality manipulation here just basic hax abilities like idk soul manipulation or atomic manipulation or mind control those arent that hard to incorporate into the story and they will actually make the fights more interesting if everyone had an ability like that specific to them. Though i guess using my own logic i expect too much from dragon ball as i am older now and dont just want to see the same old generic ki blast and punching all the time.

The thing with Dragon Ball that people often forget is that there is plenty of Hax like telekinesis and stuff like that, it's just that it's a verse where Power>>>Hax, everyone and their mothers can do psychic stuff in DB but it's just useless. I mean Piccolo can literally create stuff with his mind, Whis and Vados have been shown doing the same thing. Majin Buu can do magic or something like that but it's also pretty useless.

But yeah I think you should apply your own logic too, it's a kid series and people love it that way. I personally don't think hax fits in Dragon Ball at all, sure it's cool for power level autists like us but it just doesn't fit the series and in the end it would just ruin the fun.

"It would be a stalemate, since Goku can destroy infinite universes, yet Superman can lift infinity. And infinity = infinity. However Goku is only a good character that "we even want" if he is weaker than Superman, so Supes then gets a "Via Quality" win."

I really hope you are talking in SA's perspective.

Maria Lucero said:
"It would be a stalemate, since Goku can destroy infinite universes, yet Superman can lift infinity. And infinity = infinity. However Goku is only a good character that "we even want" if he is weaker than Superman, so Supes then gets a "Via Quality" win."
I really hope you are talking in SA's perspective.
Considering that I said that in a response to a conversation about ScrewAttack, and I am the creator of this thread (which implies I'd be somewhat of a DB fan) then I think it is quite obvious that yes, this was meant to be a parody of how SA would react.

Considering that I said that in a response to a conversation about ScrewAttack, and I am the creator of this thread (which implies I'd be somewhat of a DB fan) then I think it is quite obvious that yes, this was meant to be a parody of how SA would react.

Phew, you almost gave me a heart attack.

Pls no Goku vs Superman, and PLEASE no ScrewAttack. Their Deathbattle's are just plain awful, I don't even care about the whole Goku vs Superman thing but I checked other stuff from them and majority is just.. Awful, that Gaara vs Toph almost made my eyes and ears bleed.

The simple mention of them makes me want to hide under my bed

LordAizenSama said:
so guldo has stronger time skipping powers. that's hilarious.
and that's the end of the hope for hax in this tournament.
Yeah but Guldo needed to hold his breath which means he could be killed if he ran out of breath but hit has shown that he can repeatedly spam his moves more efficiently if not longer

Guys, 0.1 sec time skip is WAY better than what I expected it to be (just blitzing). Those guys are hundreds of billions x FTL, do you know how long 0.1 seconds are for them?

This is a step on getting to JoJo levels (kinda), and it's technically the "first" official arc of Dragon Ball Super, we still have much, much more yet to come... and what if Goku's counter-attack is actually making himself immune to time-skips? What if in the future... he becomes immune to even Whis' time rewind? That's a pretty nasty hax we have over there.

well, i feel we are just at the start of DBS (or at least at the start of its original content) as of now

who knows what will happen later on

well, i feel we are just at the start of DBS (or at least at the start of its original content) as of now
who knows what will happen later on
Exactly, this is just the beginning.

Maybe a bit more of hax to have on the plate here? That's still good while keeping the ol' Dragon Ball factor of fist fighting and ki blasting chaos...

CrossverseCrisis said:
Maybe a bit more of hax to have on the plate here? That's still good while keeping the ol' Dragon Ball factor of fist fighting and ki blasting chaos...
I want Danmaku.

CrossverseCrisis said:
We still don't know what that Crystal thing is Hit can do....or his unique energy attacks for that matter.

i am beting my money

that monaka is the one that will enter the ring

and some of you are jumping the shark about hit losing

the summarys themself says that even when goku can predict what will hapen 0.1 second in the future he still can't beat hit ,then iit says that he does a kaio ken kamehameha for all we know hit may even survive that

for all we know hit may loose due to ringout

for all we know hit may surreder himself for some reasons

and we still have to see what was that ability that he used against frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back