• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I think most of them only played it when they were teenagers, but i played it when it was released, i played it at my cousin's house, i still remember to this day how unbearable he was with his PS2 controllers.

i find it insane that you can say that you are not using a point......just to have the person ignore you and insist that you are........like, damn, i said i am not and explained why, if i said i am not then it should be clear i won't consider it at all 😭

Gosh, the guidebooks are useless!
The Dragon Books assert that King Piccolo acquired "power incomparable to before", but that literally means nothing!
Goku acquired "unprecedented power" after drinking the Ultra Divine Water, but, again, worthless! Unless that can be used to argue that the boost was greater than that of Great Ape.

agreed. I feel like there's already alot leaning towards the Water giving comparable if not higher boost in power to Goku than Oozaru, narrative wise as well.

But doesn’t that contradict his PL not shooting up past his BoZ levels ? it’s not like Oozaru is just a 10x stat multiplier, it strictly is a PL multiplier.

PL Scaling was deemed non usable in a recent thread
That’s not an argument, PL are still used for scaling, just not extrapolation.
Fact of the matter Oozaru is not a just a 10x stat multiplier, it’s intrinsically tied to a 10x PL increase so to obtain a power greater means that Gokus PL by that point should be 10x greater as well, which isn’t.

Y'know, I find it rather interesting that Goku can sense Ki between the Living World and Other World but cannot sense Ki within the Room of Spirit and Time from either the Living World or the Realm of the Kai. Just food for thought, y'know.

Bro, it is just a sacrasm, not disrespect you or anything, but well if you feel that way then i'm sorry then

Peoples already debunked those "years ago" misinformations
Ah well it’s hard to tell on text but im sorry for getting a little defensive. I’ve never seen any of these arguments about it so I just been assuming that’s how it’s been + I recently just saw that Xeno Goku hasn’t experience any of DBS so that just explains everything

Gosh, the guidebooks are useless!
The Dragon Books assert that King Piccolo acquired "power incomparable to before", but that literally means nothing!
Goku acquired "unprecedented power" after drinking the Ultra Divine Water, but, again, worthless! Unless that can be used to argue that the boost was greater than that of Great Ape.
Well, since we now have a bigger Earth for Dragon Ball, we could try Piccolo Daimao's statement of destroying a sector of the Earth within a day, the only problem is that nobody wants to look at and accept this calc!

How strange that, when consistently written into the dialogue of characters like the God of Destruction, the Lords of Lords, and the Angels, the word "universe" refers to the entirety of the cosmic model,—the Living World, the Other World, and the Realm of the Kai,—but when written into the dialogues of mortal characters, all of a sudden, the meaning of the word that has been associated time and time again with the entirety of the cosmos suddenly refers to only the Living World.

How strange that, when consistently written into the dialogue of characters like the God of Destruction, the Lords of Lords, and the Angels, the word "universe" refers to the entirety of the cosmic model,—the Living World, the Other World, and the Realm of the Kai,—but when written into the dialogues of mortal characters, all of a sudden, the meaning of the word that has been associated time and time again with the entirety of the cosmos suddenly refers to only the Living World.
How you think you look right now:
dbf.png

To be fair, oftentimes they explicitly mean the Macrocosm. Elder Kai says “I too will be eradicated in the clash,” during BoG, and as the WotK exists on the literal edge of creation, he means the Macrocosm. And then Angels (Whis), and Hakaishin (Beerus) at that time literally just repeat what he’s saying to back him up. Also, the shockwaves clearly span all of the Macrocosm, which is what they’re talking about, so it’s pretty self evident. Grand Kai says “Universe,” (in Z Anime), and then he literally manifests the map.

The only time I can think of where saying “Universe” didn’t explicitly mean the whole Macrocosm in context when uttered by a God is like, probably Zamasu? And that’s because his plan intended to span the Multiverse/Timeline. Also, maybe if you squint really hard, Whis talking about how the Universes parallel each other with his 12 Universe Simplified Model, but I don’t think anyone would agree to that.

Whereas in the examples given, like by the Heeters, they’re not so clear cut. I don’t disagree, mind you, that it’s strange to create a distinction like this quite suddenly for the sake of a thread, but I do think it’s worth pointing out in almost every time the word Universe was used by a God, there was context to back up what they were referring to.

They only wished for youth, not for their ages to be reversed. Their bodies were reverted to those of infants, but their mental faculties remained unchanged.

They only wished for youth, not for their ages to be reversed. Their bodies were reverted to those of infants, but their mental faculties remained unchanged.
I mean they kinda did, didn't they? You can see kid Mai is far more immature than she would be had she been an adult. I think she knows she's an adult, but her brain won't stop her from thinking like a kid.

Back