• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I don't think Toyotarou (and probably no one) will ever really touch Dr. Slump material. It might technically exist in the Dragon World but it has no actual reason to ever show up. Plus I don't believe it's anywhere as profitable as Dragon Ball so there is zero monetary incentive for Bandai, Shueisha, etc to push for Slump material. If something like that were to happen it would be a passion project.
While Dr. Slump isn’t a worldwide phenomenon to the degree of Dragon Ball, it’s still a massive IP. Especially in Japan. Also, I’d argue Dr. Slump is only lacking worldwide acclaim to the same degree because most of its animated run was never actually given a fair shake in the West.

While Dr. Slump isn’t a worldwide phenomenon to the degree of Dragon Ball, it’s still a massive IP. Especially in Japan. Also, I’d argue Dr. Slump is only lacking worldwide acclaim to the same degree because most of its animated run was never actually given a fair shake in the West.
A remake of the anime could be released, I never had the opportunity to watch it myself, I only read a few chapters of the manga which was in Portuguese

Remove Self Sustenance Type 1 and replace it with Limited Space Survivability. We switched to this due to the fact that, while it’s undeniable they breathe in space during filler and in some of the currently accepted films, they also adhere to canon during the Namek-Frieza Sagas, where they don’t. So instead of having it SS-T1, we currently only accept them able to survive and fight in space for limited periods of time.
Done
Edit: Also, add radiation empowerment. Toei Saiyans grow in strength and power when experiencing Blutz Waves even outside of the amplifier given by the Oozaru and Golden Oozaru States, so that should be there too.
They still do without the tail? Sorry but could you show the scene/clip proving that?
More quotes
Might take some time but I'll try

That is true but Japan has been focusing a lot more on international markets recently so I doubt Slump is too appealing right now due to its lack of reputation but I could see them pushing for a remake happening, like Luffy suggested, to try and introduce foreign audiences to it.

I think, instead of focusing on Dr. Slump for the time being, they should focus on reprinting and digitally re-releasing all of the supplementary material for Dragon Ball they have allowed to fade away into obscurity; y'know, guidebooks, Anime Comics, artbooks, that one quiz book. Maybe even the original transcript for The Legendary Manga.

That is true but Japan has been focusing a lot more on international markets recently so I doubt Slump is too appealing right now due to its lack of reputation but I could see them pushing for a remake happening, like Luffy suggested, to try and introduce foreign audiences to it.
Imagine the remake is more consistent with the DBZ World's features so we can actually use it =P

Because Jiren and Goku scaled above the 3 GoD Clash in the WoV, and 2 GoDs can destroy 2 Macrocosms. Though I always found this scale odd.
no, with the Heaven calc the KaioshinRealm was thounsands of times bigger than a Universe, as such it was 3 Uni for the macrocosm, that is changed now however

What would have happend if the downgrade had passed?
If the afterlife being concretely Low 2-C upgrade passes:
  • Characters who can destroy a macrocosm: 2-C (2 universes)
  • Characters who can destroy two macrocosms: 2-C (4 universes)
  • Shentron restoring 7 macrocosms: 2-C (14 universes)
If it being likely upgrade passes:
  • Characters who can destroy a macrocosm: Low 2-C, likely 2-C (2 universes)
  • Characters who can destroy two macrocosms: 2-C (2 universes), likely far higher (4 universes)
  • Shentron restoring 7 macrocosms: 2-C (7 universes), likely far higher (14 universes)
If it not being Low 2-C passes:
  • Characters who can destroy a macrocosm: Low 2-C
  • Characters who can destroy two macrocosms: 2-C (2 universes)
  • Shentron restoring 7 macrocosms: 2-C (7 universes)

If it being likely upgrade passes:
  • Characters who can destroy a macrocosm: Low 2-C, likely 2-C (2 universes)
  • Characters who can destroy two macrocosms: 2-C (2 universes), likely far higher (4 universes)
  • Shentron restoring 7 macrocosms: 2-C (7 universes), likely far higher (14 universes)
If it not being Low 2-C passes:
  • Characters who can destroy a macrocosm: Low 2-C
  • Characters who can destroy two macrocosms: 2-C (2 universes)
  • Shentron restoring 7 macrocosms: 2-C (7 universes)
3-A as that was what the feat was before the universal sizes were accepted

Funny how split screen wouldn't be in the game, and because of requests they decided to do it.

That's probably why it can only be played on one map, because they made the game without local multiplayer and then had to introduce it at the last minute.

Very cool.
Captura-de-tela-2024-06-13-153312.png

Funny how split screen wouldn't be in the game, and because of requests they decided to do it.

That's probably why it can only be played on one map, because they made the game without local multiplayer and then had to introduce it at the last minute.

Very cool.
Captura-de-tela-2024-06-13-153312.png
Where is this screenshot from? Is there a new gameplay breakdown video?

Probably because it wasn't something planned, so like, none of the game maps or how it works was made for the local. So being just HCT should be a way to test the mode.
Not just that. Imagine everything we saw, but doubling all the rendering, processing power needed, etc. because you need to capture everything on two perspectives. It seems, to me, like this game SHOULD be INCAPABLE of Split Screen, due to technological limitation in reference to the currently utilized consoles of today, and maybe even higher end PCs. The HTC is probably an answer/compromise that solves multiple issues.

Back