• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Just one more administrator left for this to be finished
Ngl it's a win or win, if the 1st option gets accepted we would get our first smurf and not talking about how both goku and jiren resist hit's hax on top of that, if the 2nd option gets accepted it's a whole other story we could upgrade the cosmology to 6D and maybe in the future we could open a path for a 1-C cosmology.

forgot to link it here

Ngl it's a win or win, if the 1st option gets accepted we would get our first smurf and not talking about how both goku and jiren resist hit's hax on top of that, if the 2nd option gets accepted it's a whole other story we could upgrade the cosmology to 6D and maybe in the future we could open a path for a 1-C cosmology.
It's what I want most

None, because we have to finish what we have, there are too many crts open, try to finish your crts, Null

There are still a couple of them open if I'm not mistaken

ehhh, i still don't buy that.
Besides, if Cell had grown twice as powerful, that'd make SSJ Gohan is as strong as Powerweighted Cell, and base Gohan as strong as Babidi Saga SSJ Gohan.

ehhh, i still don't buy that.
Besides, if Cell had grown twice as powerful, that'd make SSJ Gohan is as strong as Powerweighted Cell, and base Gohan as strong as Babidi Saga SSJ Gohan.
Didn't SSJ2 Gohan also recieve a rage boost that his SSJ self wasn't tapping into? We can avoid backscaling issues.

The rage boost was Super Saiyan 2; Gohan drawing upon the fullest extent of his dormant power at the time.
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me; characters can go Super Saiyan 2 without being enraged, and characters can receive a rage boost with going through a transformation. They're two separate things.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me; characters can go Super Saiyan 2 without being enraged, and characters can receive a rage boost with going through a transformation. They're two separate things.
Examples for both the former and latter can be seen in Goku’s SSJ2 against Majin Vegeta (former) and Vegeta’s rage boost against Beerus (latter). By all accounts, Gohan’s rage can further amplify his SSJ2’s powers.

Few questions.

First of all, it seems aware of the fact that the Afterlife having no time is immensely contradicted, but, however, one thing I'm confused on, is that, despite all this, the scans used to dictate that the Afterlife having 0 time is contradicted is kind of skeptical to me; with scans like these confirming that the entire macrocosm has the same time flow. Doesn't this contradict with the fact that in general, the realms are spatiotemporally separated since everything just operates under a single timeflow?

And also, what else could have Goku have meant in the context of that statement if what he said was contradicted this much? Not to mention, this same thing was even stated twice. Heck, even four times. So, I find it arguable that this is merely a "outlier" or a contradicting statement when it's been stated numerous times.

Second of all, I'm confused on the quantity of timelines within DB. It's been explained and shown that there a total of 7 timelines manifested through changes in the past, I don't need to explain or go in more detail on this. But, at the same time -- we have statements like these. That contradict that idea. Ableit, the last one can be argued to simply not be time-rings since it was never explained in-depth on what they are.

(Unsourced translations in red.)
Gohan, specifically, possesses an "unconscious gentleness", limiting his power, and said power is only fully unleashed when his emotions reach their peak, such as when his friends or family are in danger or when fear takes over and he goes "berserk", but he cannot freely control it; anger, for example, is merely a catalyst for his full power to awaken. Holding back is a defining characteristic of Gohan's, even in the face of the destruction of the entire solar system because he values all life, and he ends up battling without realizing his own strength until it is absolutely required (see Namek Saga). Super Saiyan 2 is the natural evolution of Gohan's expression of his dormant power via emotions like anger, even being described as Gohan's "dormant power [awakened]" and his "full power", and his natural strength pushed to its limits, rather than strength being enhanced by a rage boost. Which I hate is a concept that was introduced in Super.

Besides, Gohan never exploded into rage after transforming like, say, Vegeta exploded on Beerus (lol.). He was actively playing games with Cell, a fact further expanded upon in grave detail in the TV anime, but I don't care about the anime all that much.

Few questions.

First of all, it seems aware of the fact that the Afterlife having no time is immensely contradicted, but, however, one thing I'm confused on, is that, despite all this, the scans used to dictate that the Afterlife having 0 time is contradicted is kind of skeptical to me; with scans like these confirming that the entire macrocosm has the same time flow. Doesn't this contradict with the fact that in general, the realms are spatiotemporally separated since everything just operates under a single timeflow?]
being a separated space doesn't mean that the time flow is not the same, for all we know they can be different in such a small scale that it doesn't matter much

And also, what else could have Goku have meant in the context of that statement if what he said was contradicted this much? Not to mention, this same thing was even stated twice.
this.....isn't talking about the afterlife tho? also this is toei continuity only

Heck, even four times. So, I find it arguable that this is merely a "outlier" or a contradicting statement when it's been stated numerous times.
if time doesn't exist there......then how does time flow in the outside of the dimension from the perspective of the ones inside it?

Second of all, I'm confused on the quantity of timelines within DB. It's been explained and shown that there a total of 7 timelines manifested through changes in the past, I don't need to explain or go in more detail on this. But, at the same time -- we have statements
this is pilaf questioning it, he can, and is proven to be, wrong given the overweling evidence of only 5 timelines existing, and them only being created with Time Travel altering history

what's this?

this isn't a statement, this.....doesn't have anything to prove anything about timelines really, that room is never detailed nor has evidence of having time rings in all boxes, at most we get a statement that Gowasu thinks of it a safe place for all 5 time rings in the singular box that is ever shown

Ableit, the last one can be argued to simply not be time-rings since it was never explained in-depth on what they are.
yep

I mean, a bigger question is how exactly the DAIMA Demon Realm will jive with Toriyama’s Demon Realm lore he made up for Online which was expanded in DBH/SDBH and XV1-2. Like, while I definitely doubt it will, if DAIMA canonized all of those materials we’d have a real problem in our hands. Conversely, if it’s not canonized, considering how Divers will probably continue with/expand the lore of Heroes, how will it reconcile the two?

Back