• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

that him suppressed was twice as strong as Third Form Frieza
How is that an unreasonable "assumption"?

How is that an unreasonable "assumption"?
I didn't mean it as an "unreasonable assumption" that it was impossible, any multiplier can fit in the context just fine whether it be 2x or even a billion, I just didn't think we should take a statement about overall form multiplier and apply that to the context of a character's suppressed power in their next form. Though with these instances would could say the jump from Third Form to suppressed Final Form was larger than any previous power up Frieza had based on how it's touted and presented
Could the narrowed Final Flash destroying a far-out celestial body be calculated in any capacity?
I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd like to be able to apply that—an extension of this panel from the original series—towards the scaling chain.
Y'know, so Frieza's calculation has a friend.
You can, you can say each pixel is larger than the whole structure of the celestial body since it is just THAT small in the distance and calc the explosion size based off that.
But the issue is "what kind of a celestial body is it"? since it can range from asteroids/comets to even stars/nebulas/galaxies

Thinking I might merge my Frieza and Cell upgrades into a single thread since they both affect the scaling chain majorly.
Could throw in the Tien and Ultra Divine Water Goku stuff as well.
I wouldn't include two or three different equally important topics in a thread. Could complicate the discussion for it.

You can, you can say each pixel is larger than the whole structure of the celestial body since it is just THAT small in the distance and calc the explosion size based off that.
I was thinking inverse square law, like the Cell calculation.
But the issue is "what kind of a celestial body is it"? since it can range from asteroids/comets to even stars/nebulas/galaxies
Guess we could calculate all of them and choose the most reasonable end?

Real talk I've had a question in mind and sb already mentioned it b4 me if magically the 5D smurf Hax gets accepted would that change Jiren's tier for breaking time cage with his strength?
And would it affect the higher tiers in db?

I'm not sure how to do something like that but it could work
I don't even know if I'm using this formula correctly, but I plugged in the distance to the next planet over, Mars, (i.e., the beam length) divided by half for the "explosion radius", and got about 4.38229305e+42 joules, but I'm 99% certain that's 100% wrong. And, also, like lower than what Super Vegeta currently scales to so...

I wouldn't include two or three different equally important topics in a thread. Could complicate the discussion for it.
Probably'll do five back-to-back threads, then.

First, Frieza—the easiest. Then, Cell. Next, arguing for a 2x multiplier for Four Witches Techniques for Tien. Finally, Post-Ultra Divine Water Goku being 10x stronger than before. Then, depending on which threads are accepted, I can wrap it all up with a scaling chain adjustment.

I think most of you guys remember this, but in the Buu Saga after Goku went SS3, his power was stated to've reach the Kaioshin Realm

Would this be a speed feat of any kind? Like an MFTL+ attack speed feat or a MFTL+ aura expansion type feat etc etc? And would it also give him 3-A range?
It's been a while so I'd probably need to see the video of this happening. Could you maybe post it here if possible?

I mean, ehhhh…How Ki Sensory is relative to speed is inconsistent. Like how in Namek Saga they could sense the Ginyu’s moving in their interstellar speed/traveling attack pods, but not in combat. Implying speed is tied to energy sensing to some degree. Same with flight. Or Gohan being able to see the Saibamen in combat via harnessing that sense. However, in RoF Gohan’s Ki Expanded to signal Goku to teleport and it had nothing to do with any actual speed at all. Same with Goku going to sense Vegeta for training in DBS to Beerus planet. Though maybe it could be Instant Transmission weirdness.

It's been a while so I'd probably need to see the video of this happening. Could you maybe post it here if possible?
Heres a thread on it
Edit: Not saying I agree with what this thread proposes, just that the feat is best explained here

I mean, ehhhh…How Ki Sensory is relative to speed is inconsistent. Like how in Namek Saga they could sense the Ginyu’s moving in their interstellar speed/traveling attack pods, but not in combat. Implying speed is tied to energy sensing to some degree. Same with flight. Or Gohan being able to see the Saibamen in combat via harnessing that sense. However, in RoF Gohan’s Ki Expanded to signal Goku to teleport and it had nothing to do with any actual speed at all. Same with Goku going to sense Vegeta for training in DBS to Beerus planet.
It's not about them noticing Goku's power from another planet, it's about how Gokus power is able to reach the kaioshin realm from Earth

I didn’t realize that it was actual force and not just them sending his Ki from far away.
yeah but I'm not sure what to make of it

In the thread I linked above there's a distinction between power and ki, meaning this is not a ki expansion feat but more so an explosion like feat, where Goku's "explosion" or giant force generated after becoming a Super Saiyan 3 was able to travel to and reach the Kaioshin Realm. I'm not saying this is AP worthy for measurements since it didn't affect anything in that distance, but it is a speed feat since this is a force Goku generates that is THAT fast

Do a calculation, this was supposed to be used for the manga, right?
Yes this is both an anime and manga feat. I did a calculation for this feat that get it to a pretty high rating:
A calc member even checked it and said it was fine, but I think DBZ needs more calc staff checks for it to be excepted, good thing it's easy to do

Back