• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Should they grow? And how does that mean they don't have longevity? something that we are sure they have
They kind of didn't grow at all, Cell himself is not a normal being like humans, keep in mind that he doesn't have weaknesses like a normal human, he was created in a laboratory with several cells from other characters, Android 17 and 18 themselves have eternal lives and cannot die of old age, it wouldn't make sense Dr. Gero create a being that has a limit to live (although it's just my guess)

Should they grow? And how does that mean they don't have longevity? something that we are sure they have
Yes. Even assuming they have only Piccolo’s specific Namekian aging, Piccolo got an adult body at the age of 4. And at the point they fight in Super, they’re slightly older than Goten/about as Old as Trunks. So teenagers.

They kind of didn't grow at all, Cell himself is not a normal being like humans, keep in mind that he doesn't have weaknesses like a normal human, he was created in a laboratory with several cells from other characters, Android 17 and 18 themselves have eternal lives and cannot die of old age, it wouldn't make sense Dr. Gero create a being that has a limit to live (although it's just my guess)
In reality, it has not been stated that androids are immortal and yes, at first glance one can believe what you say about Gero but as we all know well that does not always apply.

Yes. Even assuming they have only Piccolo’s specific Namekian aging, Piccolo got an adult body at the age of 4. And at the point they fight in Super, they’re slightly older than Goten/about as Old as Trunks. So teenagers.
Going back to what Omega said, they are not Namekians, Saiyans or cold demons are children of Cell and I don't think what they see biologically applies 100%.

But it is not specified that Piccolo King's wish can be transmitted by cells
if the wish affected his cells(as i explained it would need to do) then it can be passed by cells, unless any statement specifying the mechanics of the wish, specifically a mechanic that wouldn't allow that to happen comes up, that would be the default assumption as cells would need to be changed in order to give someone eternal youth

if the wish affected his cells(as i explained it would need to do) then it can be passed by cells, unless any statement specifying the mechanics of the wish, specifically a mechanic that wouldn't allow that to happen comes up, that would be the default assumption as cells would need to be changed in order to give someone eternal youth
That's exactly what I asked of you, if you could share a statement that makes it clear that the mechanics of desire are biological and not magical, as we know the spheres function.

That's exactly what I asked of you, if you could share a statement that makes it clear that the mechanics of desire are biological and not magical, as we know the spheres function.
......based on how aging itself works, to make one young forever one would need to have their cells altered, that is just how aging works

........as i said, you have to alter the cells to make someone not age, that is how aging works i have being saying the entire time
Sure, in real life yes (if immortality existed...) but we are talking about immortality made with magic (an attribute that Cell never demonstrated) and not with a biological explanation involved.

From my point of view on the scene, Gero declares that he became an android to live longer and therefore can investigate more to obtain eternal life, perhaps my intention was not clear when translated.
No, he says he wanted Eternal Life as a response to 18–As in, the reason why he’s a robot is because, according to him, it’ll make him live forever.
Longevity, there is no estimate of life span but it is not even close to equal to eternal life.
Yes, however we see pretty clearly in Future Trunks’ timeline that they don’t age whatsoever. They killed everyone when Gohan was just a kid, and they lived up until Trunks was nearly a grown man, age wise. They are quite effectively, although not literally, ageless. Thus, him saying he can get Eternal Life from his procedure (which makes him more machine than them), is well founded. Especially since he can just…keep creating bodies.

No, he says he wanted Eternal Life as a response to 18–As in, the reason why he’s a robot is because, according to him, it’ll make him live forever.

Yes, however we see pretty clearly in Future Trunks’ timeline that they don’t age whatsoever. They killed everyone when Gohan was just a kid, and they lived up until Trunks was nearly a grown man, age wise. They are quite effectively, although not literally, ageless. Thus, him saying he can get Eternal Life from his procedure (which makes him more machine than them), is well founded. Especially since he can just…keep creating bodies.
Yes, you are right about that. 17 and 18 are the type that age slowly and yes, if they tell you that they age slowly it is obvious that the duration of their life stages will be longer.

Sure, in real life yes (if immortality existed...) but we are talking about immortality made with magic (an attribute that Cell never demonstrated) and not with a biological explanation involved.
the default assumption would be that his cells/biology was altered to never age, and the story doesn't give us a reason to ever think otherwise

But Gero says (at least in the scan) that he is "wanted" eternal life, not that he has achieved it.
He says he turned himself into a robot because he wanted it, as in past tense. Years ago, when he wanted eternal life, he gave himself a robot body. Now, whether or not he was really effective in that goal is another matter, but we for certain know what he meant in this interaction.

the default assumption would be that his cells/biology was altered to never age, and the story doesn't give us a reason to ever think otherwise
Surely there is logic like that in some story but I don't see that in dB that background has been given to Piccolo's wish... This is a circle, brother. Create what you want with the arguments you have at hand.

Surely there is logic like that in some story but I don't see that in dB that background has been given to Piccolo's wish...
i mean......when basic logic would dictate a conclusion, said conclusion doesn't need to be directly stated, specially when the verse doesn't give us anything to doubt the said logic in the first place

This is a circle, brother. Create what you want with the arguments you have at hand.
do not understand what you meant by this

Well, do the crt to give type 1 immortality to the androids now what is missing is some evidence for Cell's case since as we know he does not have the same abilities as the androids since he does not have infinite energy and he gets tired with exhausting fights and prolonged.

i mean......when basic logic would dictate a conclusion, said conclusion doesn't need to be directly stated, specially when the verse doesn't give us anything to doubt the said logic in the first place

do not understand what you meant by this
So you draw conclusions without evidence? In the case of the verse, we can see how it is based on magic/ki to give a logic to the supernatural powers that coexist with the logic of real life.

Once Multiversal Cell is done, im ready for outer Mr. Satan

trol1.jpg

trol2.jpg

trel1.jpg

trel2.jpg

trel4.jpg

So you draw conclusions without evidence?
i presented evidence, it is.....the most basic way aging works

In the case of the verse, we can see how it is based on magic/ki to give a logic to the supernatural powers that coexist with the logic of real life.
do you have any evidence that the way his eternal life was not by altering his biology? because i already showed proof that for one to remain forever young their cells would need to be altered by default

i presented evidence, it is.....the most basic way aging works

do you have any evidence that the way his eternal life was not by altering his biology? because i already showed proof that for one to remain forever young their cells would need to be altered by default
Isn't Shenlong a being made by the magic of kami sama? Doesn't he use magic to manipulate reality and grant wishes? I don't remember the background of the wish he asked Shenlong in that way being specified...

Isn't Shenlong a being made by the magic of kami sama? Doesn't he use magic to manipulate reality and grant wishes? I don't remember the background of the wish he asked Shenlong in that way being specified...
yes and yes, he alters reality with his wishing powers.........don't see how that has anything to do with the topic at hand

yes and yes, he alters reality with his wishing powers.........don't see how that has anything to do with the topic at hand
According to your logic, I can theorize in the same way that Shenlong stops and reverses the time of the characters' bodies at a specific age, there is evidence of that, no and for this reason I ask you for the guide/chapter of the manga that specifies what you are stating .

According to your logic, I can theorize in the same way that Shenlong stops and reverses the time of the characters' bodies at a specific age
which we know isn't the case since piccolo grew to his current appearance from a child appearance, plus saying that a time hax is involved rather than their biology simply making them not age is.......quite a bigger assumption don't you think?

, there is evidence of that, no and for this reason I ask you for the guide/chapter of the manga that specifies what you are stating .
again, that is just the basics of how aging works and what one would need for them to not age, it is.......very basic logic

That's why I ask you to share the DB guide where the theory you have about the wish that Piccolo made to Shenlong is affirmed.
theory? i wouldn't go that far to call it that, age happens because of x, they don't age anymore, so the x was altered to not happen, that is not a theory, it is only logical

The wish implied that he was in his "best moment" Piccolo's growth was very rapid for a normal Namekian and we know that in db there are long-lasting wishes like that from Bardock to Torombo.

theory? i wouldn't go that far to call it that, age happens because of x, they don't age anymore, so the x was altered to not happen, that is not a theory, it is only logical
Who says that Piccolo's wish couldn't temporarily manipulate his physiology even at his peak instead of manipulating him biologically as you claim?

And let's go with the same thing, I told you that your theory is as valid as mine, there are no implications of biological manipulation or temporal manipulation in them beyond "reversing" and "keeping Piccolo at his best."

Back