• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

In itself, I would agree that it is accepted that Piccolo's immortality is transferred to cell if Piccolo's immortality had been explained in such a way but it is more of a magic move and not a ki move in general than from what we know in DB world magic and ki are not the same.

Someone should indeed Calc it.

Also, I see. I always seen it as eternal youth like how saiyans have their youth until 80 I didn’t know we considered it type 1. Either way, I’m not sure if magical abilities that turn you young would be something that’s hereditary via DNA for someone like Cell.
to have eternal youth, your cells would need to be altered by default given the way aging works

It was literally stated in the Daizenshuu this is the case. Thus, because we know that Eternal Youth can be INHERITED, and Cell literally INHERITS EVERYTHING from his Donors, he ON PAPER should have it. But because we don't know for SURE, it is written as "possibly." It is not assumed he has it. It is not assumed he doesn't. It is assumed that he may OR may not have it. Nothing MORE or LESS.
"Inherit" Piccolo consciously inherited it from his son by putting his entire existence in that egg, Cell would be more like Piccolo's Tamborine than a son.

"Inherit" Piccolo consciously inherited it from his son by putting his entire existence in that egg, Cell would be more like Piccolo's Tamborine than a son.
Uh-Piccolo and Tambourine are cut of the same cloth. When Daimao Piccolo creates his sons, he can actively choose how they come out and model them, such as when he made one of them a Dragon on purpose.

eternal youth would need to have affected the cells by default tho, that is just how aging works
Sure, but does that extrapolate to a biological or magical level? Rather, it is not given a scientific background at all and it is entirely due to magic.
We know that ki can be transmitted through cells but magic cannot and they are two different concepts in DB.

Uh-Piccolo and Tambourine are cut of the same cloth. When Daimao Piccolo creates his sons, he can actively choose how they come out and model them, such as when he made one of them a Dragon on purpose.
Yep, and Piccolo Junior is the one to whom in his death he gives his entire existence (which he did consciously)

Sure, but does that extrapolate to a biological or magical level? Rather, it is not given a scientific background at all and it is entirely due to magic.
We know that ki can be transmitted through cells but magic cannot and they are two different concepts in DB.
the magic in this case was used to alter his biology to never age, aka, his cells

I don't have any strong opinions on this Cell/Piccolo debate but it's worth noting that apparently the Cell Jrs. haven't appeared to have aged at all between the Cell Games and Dragon Ball Super.

I’ve been thinking if Cell is accepted to have possibly immortality type 1? Can’t we just do a possible calc based on if he doesn’t have type 1? I think that’s the best solution to this.

the magic in this case was used to alter his biology to never age, aka, his cells
But it is not specified that Piccolo King's wish can be transmitted by cells. The ability is a product of magic, the transmission of the ability from Piccolo to Piccolo Junior is through his will and putting his entire existence in the egg. Cell has Piccolo's cells and Piccolo's ki but has not demonstrated type 1 immortality and has not given any allusion to it when it is based on magic and the bearer's will to transmit it.

I’ve been thinking if Cell is accepted to have possibly immortality type 1? Can’t we just do a possible calc based on if he doesn’t have type 1? I think that’s the best solution to this.
Doesn't seem like a good idea to me tbh.

yeah I read that CRT. Damage ignored many statements that point towards MFTL+ travel speed. It virtually makes 0 sense for these characters to even be a relevant threat to a neighboring galaxy let alone the entire universe/every celestial body if they're 4-C/4-B and MHS+ speed and only one of them having a possibly Type 1 Immortality at best. either their AP is completely wrong or their speed is heavily downplayed it is one or the other
For the record, their speed is not heavily downplayed. The characters in the Frieza and Cell Sagas have multiple glaring anti-feats that you'd have to ignore completely to try and accept that the characters have MFTL+ travel speed.

Haven't seen a convincing arguement for how a SS tier character can be a threat to a galaxy with only MHS travel speed and no immortality. I've gotten a bunch of sophism, but nothing really concrete. At the end of the day I really don't care about the manga travel speed stuff given its just in the same line as trying to partially take away 5C Roshi and 4B Cell/Gohan shit, but I am thoroughly unconvinced by these arguments.

A better question is how funny would it be if the series just decided to tell us that the infinite energy shit can be transmitted genetically?

I don't have any strong opinions on this Cell/Piccolo debate but it's worth noting that apparently the Cell Jrs. haven't appeared to have aged at all between the Cell Games and Dragon Ball Super.
Which makes sense, i think it's been more than 8 years from the Cell saga to Super, right? Then they would have inherited Piccolo's eternal youth.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me tbh.
Why not? If we know his lifespan and the fact that he’d destroy all celestial bodies with his AP. We can calculate a speed for possible under the assumption that he doesn’t have type 1 as it’s listed as possibly.
For the record, their speed is not heavily downplayed. The characters in the Frieza and Cell Sagas have multiple glaring anti-feats that you'd have to ignore completely to try and accept that the characters have MFTL+ travel speed.
I’m aware of anti feats in the Saiyan Saga, but what were the anti feats for the Frieza and Cell Sagas?

Did we calc Namek's GBE yet or nah?
There was some errors in the calc, as the panel didn’t show all 3 suns, but Crim would have to make a new calc since the current one isn’t too accurate rn.
The number I got was 800.
Do you think you could make a calc? Possibly FTL (or higher) would be nice. As a result of the calc.

Last edited:
That first comment name just reminds me of Seth moon level video.
Seth ended up being a POS but he put this site in it's place multiple times. Wish he wasn't a ******* sleazeball and was still smacking this site down a few pegs every so often (whenever it's deserved)

Seth would've seen the partial 5C downgrade and torn it a new one

Back