• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

0083-012.png

Planet curvature based off of the size of the explosion, perhaps? 💀

For the love of God I beg you to fix the Toeiverse profiles, because some of the scale from Broly and some do not.

Reason? This CRT:

0083-012.png

Planet curvature based off of the size of the explosion, perhaps? 💀
Would be horizon based on elevation. The curvature wouldn't be that of the planet's, at least, normally, we'd assume that especially with the islands being drawn that big, when they ain't even visible from orbit in literally any panel, but, they do say it warped the planet so maybe, it wouldn't be as high as you think tho, 5-A max, and not even that high given no GBE fuckery is involved. Less than what they are right now.
Not this one, the one where the explosion is seen from the planet's view

Edit: This one
Yes, but that's also by far the most extreme shot, most shots the suns drawn about 1/5th the size, not 1/20th, case and point, we've got 3 rough calcs all in the same ballpark.

I think its pretty clear that Freeza held back too much:

Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P9.2

Freeza:
"Chih…! Did I suppress my power too much…?!"
Goku: "It's because you were afraid of getting caught up in the planet's explosion yourself…You screwed up. Though thanks to that, I survived…"

Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P10.1-4

Freeza:
"Though we've avoided having the planet instantly explode, its core has been destroyed…Do you know what that means? Even if left alone, after 5 minutes this time there will definitely be a huge explosion, and Planet Namek will become space dust…"

How else you do it, for other series?
(If there is no mention of size.)
No, I am simply referring to how difficult Namek's size and position in its ternary star system is making it difficult to find

Yes, but that's also by far the most extreme shot, most shots the suns drawn about 1/5th the size, not 1/20th, case and point, we've got 3 rough calcs all in the same ballpark.

But namek should, at minimum, be larger than the suns around it, right? Or is there a chance it's actually smaller?

But namek should, at minimum, be larger than the suns around it, right? Or is there a chance it's actually smaller?
We've already went through this, it's not possible, at least one must be in front, or parallel with it.
I tried to find the kanzebann edition of dragon ball in which the sun were sorta drawn weird. It's seem to be the case in that too.

Dead link.

I tried to find the kanzebann edition of dragon ball in which the sun were sorta drawn weird. It's seem to be the case in that too.

That's to be expected, they primarily use black/red inking due to cost, usually only one is done in the proper color, then it's toned back, and sometimes not even one,

Case and point, this ch, yellow Trunks into bootleg SSJG.

For the love of God I beg you to fix the Toeiverse profiles, because some of the scale from Broly and some do not.
No actual Toei Anime character scales to Broly, only game (Since they have the everything is canon thing) and Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans characters (Broly is mentioned) scale to Broly.

We've already went through this, it's not possible, at least one must be in front, or parallel with it.
What I mean is, if its bigger than at least one of its suns, would it be an inflation to use our sun as it's conservative diameter?

Last edited:
What I mean is, if its bigger than at least one of its suns, would it be olan inflation to use our sun as it's conservative diameter?
I mean, the default assumption would be our sun, actual rule, unless we have an explicit reason to think otherwise, our sun usually serves as a baseline.
We could do a beyond-conservative low-end with the smallest known orange star, but that's kinda sussy, it'd be assuming as such just to avoid big numbers, as opposed to being "safe and conservative", which, is just as bad as wanking. Maybe average range? But iirc that's bigger than the sun, aka, it'd fall back to the sun again.

I mean, the default assumption would be our sun, actual rule, unless we have an explicit reason to think otherwise, our sun usually serves as a baseline.
We could do a beyond-conservative low-end with the smallest known orange star, but that's kinda sussy, it'd be assuming as such just to avoid big numbers, as opposed to being "safe and conservative", which, is just as bad as wanking. Maybe average range? But iirc that's bigger than the sun, aka, it'd fall back to the sun again.
we probably can't use colored versions since they aren't canon otherwise in almost all of those depictions the stars look like a G sequence star just like the sun

All this talk about Suns reminds me of one thing.

we probably can't use colored versions since they aren't canon otherwise in almost all of those depictions the stars look like a G sequence star just like the sun
We wouldn't use any color scan, none canon, I'm just assuming it's orange tho as it's drawn like earth's sun in a few shots (that being white circles), and, planet namek's light evidently isn't fucky.

we're using the word inflation a bit too comfortably
Its dragonball, you can't be too safe

Yea, but....can't be too safe at this point
We could do both, one of the sun and one of the smallest known orange star, the planet parameter app makes it easy, what's the diameter of the smallest known one?

For diameter of the sun, or gibes about 71.701 Ronnatons, dwarf star level

What I mean is, if its bigger than at least one of its suns, would it be an inflation to use our sun as it's conservative diameter?
It’s definitely not inflation. When we calculate a planet we use the earth as a baseline. For stars we use our sun as a baseline. It would be like using Pluto for the average planet we don’t know the size to. It’s just the baseline that we use unless we get stated sizes or statements that’d say otherwise.

Back