• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Speaking of canonical things, how are we going to consider what will be canonical? Things released after Toriyama.

Be it upcoming guides that may be released, magazines, films, additional game information (like kakarot) and so on?

Are we going to consider canonical things based on Toyotarō's participation/speech? Or what else?

Speaking of canonical things, how are we going to consider what will be canonical? Things released after Toriyama.

Be it upcoming guides that may be released, magazines, films, additional game information (like kakarot) and so on?

Are we going to consider canonical things based on Toyotarō's participation/speech? Or what else?
Dragon ball super related, prolly on toyotaro participation

I'll reiterate something that I said months ago as I feel it's the best way to answer your question: While Toriyama was the creator of Dragon Ball, and everyone took his suggestions and corrections to heart, the franchise's ownership is split between four different parties that hold a specific piece to the franchise to themselves. The manga license is owned by Shueisha aka the owners of Shonen Jump, the anime and movie license is sort of jointly owned by Toei Animation and CC Tokyo (I know the later fought to get the anime license, but Toei is still officially credited with Daima so I think they're working together), and Bandai Namco own the game and merchandise license.

So how do we determine what will be considered canon? Admittedly it's a difficult question to truly answer as Toriyama was such a massive figure and could influence anything he wished, though since he's passed away that will be much more difficult from now on. But my personal interpretation as that anything the manga releases will be canon, the same thing applies for the movies and anime (with bits of the manga being spliced into the anime side of things), and the video games will just be their own thing unless there's official collaborations or statements that their stories which are part of the Dragon Ball narrative. And, before I forget, I imagine that Toyotaro will also have a lot to do with this as well since he's considered Toriyama's successor.

I mean, Toei and Shueishe are the holders of the license, right? So just consider their stuff canon

I don't think Dragon Ball will have the same essence like the plot of Akira Toriyama, before there was something that kept me in the work, now we have to see what the plot will be like, although Koyama could take over, he has the essence of Dragon Ball and knows everything about the work, he is even a faithful friend of Akira, i really wanted Sasuke to take over the plot of the Dragon Ball anime or Koyama after Daima, and leave the manga to Toyotaro.

Whatever toyotaro and shueisha produce will be canon

Whatever Toei/CC produce will be canon

Unless they say otherwise, because they are the authorities concerning db now

Games have always been their own thing

That's how I see it anyway
I don't know about that one. I mean, if it's stated/shown to be canon, like the Broly Movie, Superhero, or (likely) Daima, or their own interpretation of the DBS Manga Exclusive Arcs as a continuation of Super, obviously yeah. But if Toei makes a "Jiren and the Pride Troopers" TV Show and it doesn't connect to the "main canon," I imagine it'll be it's own continuity, like Toei Z, Films, and GT are relative to the Original Series.

I don't think Dragon Ball will have the same essence like the plot of Akira Toriyama, before there was something that kept me in the work, now we have to see what the plot will be like, although Koyama could take over, he has the essence of Dragon Ball and knows everything about the work, he is even a faithful friend of Akira, i really wanted Sasuke to take over the plot of the Dragon Ball anime or Koyama after Daima, and leave the manga to Toyotaro.
Got to respect what Koyama and Sasuke want to do, I guess. I mean it'd be cool to see Koyama back on Dragon Ball again after his contributions through the anime and the movies, but Dragon Ball has plenty of other faces to the franchise so it's best to see what DB has in store for us after Daima

Hey guys, please hear me out....
whispy-woods-solos-fiction-v0-foyqyvtd1uac1.png

I don't know about that one. I mean, if it's stated/shown to be canon, like the Broly Movie, Superhero, or (likely) Daima, or their own interpretation of the DBS Manga Exclusive Arcs as a continuation of Super, obviously yeah. But if Toei makes a "Jiren and the Pride Troopers" TV Show and it doesn't connect to the "main canon," I imagine it'll be it's own continuity, like Toei Z, Films, and GT are relative to the Original Series.
I mean Jiren lives in another universe, they don't need to connect it, it'll be canon and can be used to update Jiren's profile. Unless they specifically say it's on its own continuity or unless it blatantly contradicts the canon works

I mean Jiren lives in another universe, they don't need to connect it, it'll be canon and can be used to update Jiren's profile. Unless they specifically say it's on its own continuity or unless it blatantly contradicts the canon works

Could you apply this?

Could you apply this?
The page is still locked

Hey guys, please hear me out....
What's funny is that I know of at least three of trees on the Wiki that all have busted hax.

I was asked to make question here. I am currently trying to fix, none deserveing regeneration and regeneration negation. And one of the stops is Dragon ball heros regeneration negation for dark ki.

Durability Negation, Immortality Negation & Regeneration Negation (Type 3; Mid-High): Evil Ki can destroy its targets at cellular level,[97] and it can stop Buu's regeneration, completely destroy him.

Is their any more evidence that support this, or is this just it?

(For me it just seems like they destroy it beyond what Buu's regeneration is capable of regenerating and isen't actually negating it.)

Back