• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Because AP section has both strike power and none. Making "strike power" irrelevant
Like i said, dont. There's a reason why we have them separated some characters either dont scale to their strongest attacks or have different scaling between the two due to the power system not being a UES

Like i said, dont. There's a reason why we have them separated some characters either dont scale to their strongest attacks or have different scaling between the two due to the power system not being a UES
That's why I said "AP/DC" should only refer to everything done non-physically. I never suggested to remove one of them. Keep both, but remove the physical stuff from AP/DC

That's why I said "AP/DC" should only refer to everything done non-physically. I never suggested to remove one of them. Keep both, but remove the physical stuff from AP/DC
that...makes no sense. why would striking strength feats not be part of a character's AP?? and where did you get the idea that only stuff done non-physically is part of AP/DC?? Goku's bog clash was a punch clash and its on his profile for his justification in his AP

that...makes no sense. why would striking strength feats not be part of a character's AP?? and where did you get the idea that only stuff done non-physically is part of AP/DC?? Goku's bog clash was a punch clash and its on his profile for his justification in his AP
Because my definition of AP/DC is everything done through non-physical power like: bombs, Ki attacks, arrows. Because the BoG is a striking power feat and AP/DC upscales from it.

Because my definition of AP/DC is everything done through non-physical power like: bombs, Ki attacks, arrows. Because the BoG is a striking power feat and AP/DC upscales from it.
No. AP encompasses everything someone can do attack someone else. ANYTHING.

it does not. its just a much more convoluted and roundabout way to achieve the same result. Regardless the wiki isnt gonna pick it up so dont bother
How? It makes a clear distinction how strong someone is physically and non-physically. The same way, we have combat vs travel speed.

Thus strike power is irrelevant
Striking Strength is specifically only attacks done with physical strength. On mage type characters this is usually much lower than their AP which is done with spells.

You can have a 7-A AP 8-C SS character but not the other way around.

Dragon Ball characters have the same AP and SS because UES. Their casual ki blasts and punches are at the same power.

Striking Strength is specifically only attacks done with physical strength. On mage type characters this is usually much lower than their AP which is done with spells.

You can have a 7-A AP 8-C SS character but not the other way around.
Yes, you can. A mage has low physical strength but high AP/non-physical attack

okay, now prove to me why goku's ki blasts cant be as strong as his BOG punches
It can be as strong or stronger depending how much he charge . My problem is how it is listed. I just want people not to think like "Kakashi has planet level AP" and think he is physically planet level. They should have went the other staff definition. It makes far more sense, like character is 1000x LS, but in what combat or travel??

It can be as strong or stronger depending how much he charge . My problem is how it is listed. I just want people not to think like "Kakashi has planet level AP" and think he is physically planet level.
narutoverse no longer uses a UES so you dont need to worry about that. If however Kakashi has feats of being physically on that level of attacks he will have it in his striking power and no by feats i dont mean him punching apart a planet

narutoverse no longer uses a UES so you dont need to worry about that. If however Kakashi has feats of being physically on that level of attacks he will have it in his striking power and no by feats i dont mean him punching apart a planet
But AP/DC refers to everything. So when someone says "Kakashi has planet level AP". What does that mean? Physically? With a rasegan or with the infinite gauntlet amp etc. While under mine definition it means his strongest non-physical attack is planet level

Yes, you can. A mage has low physical strength but high AP/non-physical attack
That's exactly what I'm saying. A character can have lower SS than AP, usually mages and such have these kinds of ratings. But a character cannot have higher SS than AP, because by default AP encompasses everything the character can do including physical attacks.

AP sections in profiles can include any feat that justifies that AP rating. A 5-B rating for breaking a planet with physical strength is just as valid as a 5-B rating for breaking a planet with a spell.

But AP/DC refers to everything. So when someone says "Kakashi has planet level AP". What does that mean? Physically? With a rasegan or with the infinite gauntlet amp etc. While under mine definition it means his strongest non-physical attack is planet level
If he has physical feats of countering attacks on that level or his energy source is a UES then yes he's planet level physically as well
And once again "your definition" means nothing here so please stop repeating yourself ad nauseum.

That's exactly what I'm saying. A character can have lower SS than AP, usually mages and such have these kinds of ratings. But a character cannot have higher SS than AP, because by default AP encompasses everything the character can do including physical attacks.

AP sections in profiles can include any feat that justifies that AP rating. A 5-B rating for breaking a planet with physical strength is just as valid as a 5-B rating for breaking a planet with a spell.
Agains that definition makes SS irrelevant and confusing. Under my definition AP/DC can both be greater or lesser than SS.

If he has physical feats of countering attacks on that level or his energy source is a UES then yes he's planet level physically as well
And once again "your definition" means nothing here so please stop repeating yourself ad nauseum.
Than why add physical strength feats on AP/DC? That makes no sense, it makes physical strength irrelevant. Also it less work if a character is 100% pure physical fighter

I’m not pissed
C8jZz9b.jpeg

Back