• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

And what about Gohan considering he didn’t take much time to charge his Kamehameha?
When I say doesn't scale

I mean doesn't scale 1;1

Charge time on cell vs Gohan is hardly relevant since Gohan's KHH matches Cell's despite the much shorter charge time

They both don't scale 1:1, but clearly won't scale thousands of times less, even putting Gohan's (and this Cell's) as 5x less is being kind, but they shouldn't go below 4b

Edit: reading the recent posts on the thread before it was closed it seems Gohan may now scale to either 1/4 or 1/8 of his Kamehameha, which would finally throw the thousands of time scale away

Last edited:
I do think it's a bit funny that there are people complaining about the possibility of Cell having a Kamehameha thousands of times stronger than him (and I'm not saying those concerns weren't unwarranted) but at the same time on our profiles we have things like Toei Vegeta jumping from "At least Galaxy level" to "Low Multiverse level" with no real explanation as to how he got that much stronger. All that happened was that Vegeta got some feats on that level later on that didn't make any sense with how strong he was portrayed earlier and so he got a new key with that rating. Internal consistency be damned.

I do think it's a bit funny that there are people complaining about the possibility of Cell having a Kamehameha thousands of times stronger than him (and I'm not saying those concerns weren't unwarranted) but at the same time on our profiles we have things like Toei Vegeta jumping from "At least Galaxy level" to "Low Multiverse level" with no real explanation as to how he got that much stronger. All that happened was that Vegeta got some feats on that level later on that didn't make any sense with how strong he was portrayed earlier and so he got a new key with that rating. Internal consistency be damned.
There was also a time we had characters jump to tier 2 from tier 3 with a 50x multiplier due to feats.

Iirc he downscales from goku or vegito and him holding off buu things doesn't have to make sense all the time it is fiction anything can happen as per writers will

i think the profiles are assuming getting absorbed by Super Buu makes characters stronger somehow. If I’m right about that then imo it’s a kinda dumb reason, but that would mean there’s a reason for it.

Also regardless of the reason I agree the profiles should explain how they got so much stronger.

nope we have an explanation for it right on his profile its called Accelerated development/Reactive power level and its not even the craziest jump in power. Base goku went from 4-B to 2-C as well in the span of a single fight

but at the same time on our profiles we have things like Toei Vegeta jumping from "At least Galaxy level" to "Low Multiverse level" with no real explanation as to how he got that much stronger. All that happened was that Vegeta got some feats on that level later on that didn't make any sense with how strong he was portrayed earlier and so he got a new key with that rating. Internal consistency be damned.
Toei is a cluster of inconsistency

Vegeta and Goku got that powerful from beating perfect clones of mystic Gohan and ssj3 Gotenks in their ssj form, yet the same duo were scared of facing super Buu, who Gohan previously trounced, so both Goku/Vegeta and super Buu all made nonsensical gains

That's not even the worst thing Toei did

Yamcha stomped oolibu who kept up with weighted pillow who oneshotted Super perfect cell

Last edited:
Yes but Toei is a mess in terms of power scaling, like everyone knows it, this is just a false equivalence.

It never has, it's just a normal Kamehameha like before, it's normal for people to doubt some people's reasoning and question certain things.

Vegeta toei managed to hold off Kid Buu, who is the stronger version of Majin Buu, the toei is totally unbalanced, you won't see characters being 4-C easily.

Yes but Toei is a mess in terms of power scaling, like everyone knows it, this is just a false equivalence.
That's my point. We can't expect the manga to give us perfect power scaling all the time too.

what?? Using toei as an example to prove that manga scaling isnt perfect is just bad reasoning. No one said the manga is perfect either but you're using extremely false equivalence here. Compared to what toei does this is absolutely nothing
I never said it was "proof". This isn't an argument. My first comment was just remarking on how funny it was.

Toei loves to wank the series with Kaioken, new forms, feats and massive power ups that don't exist in the Super and Z manga. So it isn't a surprise that both Super and Z anime are far more powerful than the manga.

dragonball is the biggest money maker so toei should give Goku an omipotent power up/transformation

let him solo fiction and reality
Fun fact: Dragon Ball, as in the whole franchise, is considered the 15th highest grossing media franchise worldwide at 24 billion U.S. dollars.

Though funnily enough the Batman brand is 2 billion dollars more above Dragon Ball so that's something interesting, and number one obviously is Pokemon at 92 billion dollars worldwide.

Fun fact: Dragon Ball, as in the whole franchise, is considered the 15th highest grossing media franchise worldwide at 24 billion U.S. dollars.

Though funnily enough the Batman brand is 2 billion dollars more above Dragon Ball so that's something interesting, and number one obviously is Pokemon at 92 billion dollars worldwide.

good but old numbers

the DB games on google store alone are always in the top #1-5 which means big $$$$

It will be interesting to see what they do with DB and i hope they stop playing russian roulette with dragonball, lmao ...

And old comment from me about the last movies:

I think i know why theres no DBS anime. Not sure if you guys relaized it but the guys behind Dragonball dont do things correctly like they release movies randomly and bunch of other stuff.

Long story short: The last two movies made me realize how much potential Dragonball has.

Virgin Broly movie had great visuals, shit story and amazing promo but somehow these mofos limited its release for some reason. Funnily enough, it still made shit ton of money.

The Super Hero movie was a big big risk and thats why it got ZERO promo. It lacked the main stars, CGI animation aint really a thing in most countries and Mr. Akira Toriyama was the only one who was really pushing for the movie. And guess what? It generated a **** ton of money and no one expected it.

I will keep it short:
So why dont they do the things correctly? I have no ******* idea. Why no DBS anime? One piece. Dragonball doesnt really need the anime nor movies to generated a lot of money. They will feed us with a few episodes but the real come back is maybe when One Piece is very close to end or once its over ... well ... thats what i would do

Do you guys remember this southpark scene?
Thats Toei and the chicken is dragonball
200w.gif

Virgin Broly movie had great visuals, shit story and amazing promo but somehow these mofos limited its release for some reason. Funnily enough, it still made shit ton of money.
Huh? This a diabolical statement. It's like hating Gravity Falls-How is that shit POSSIBLE?

Why isn't this feat used a lot in Goku's VS Threads? At least from the few I saw.

This would basically be a denial of durability, like those made by "cutting space"
I mean, is just him breaking trought hit Dimension. Don't mean he can just ignore space to duraneg people. (Altrought there is a character who is like that, so whatever)

The other argument is that like, every other enemy he fight, he never seems to dura neg them with this ability.

I mean, is just him breaking trought hit Dimension. Don't mean he can just ignore space to duraneg people. (Altrought there is a character who is like that, so whatever)

The other argument is that like, every other enemy he fight, he never seems to dura neg them with this ability.
He's breaking spacetime with a normal kamehameha. I don't see how this is different from a character cutting through space with a weapon, and this being used in vs thread.

For the second thing, you can consider this just as a script, or that they have resistance, considering that it is something in quotes "passive" of pure power, in addition to having this big ki thing affecting space-time since Boo.

Or we could give everyone resistance to dura-neg

He's breaking spacetime with a normal kamehameha. I don't see how this is different from a character cutting through space with a weapon, and this being used in vs thread.

For the second thing, you can consider this just as a script, or that they have resistance, considering that it is something in quotes "passive" of pure power, in addition to having this big ki thing affecting space-time since Boo.
Broly and Gogeta distorting space-time on a Universe scale

Doesnt a light novel state that Cell max's attack ball would swallow up the universe? That seems like good justification for him

Back