• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

immeasurable infinite speed DBS at long last?
FoDu7bEX0AE5LcE.jpg

To be honest the whole Goku Black plot line is incredibly confusing. The story implies that the future trunks we see is the same one from the cell games. But that’s impossible, because

One: Goku was dead in that timeline
Goku Black came from the Present timeline, killed Goku and co. then used the Time Ring to go to the Future timeline. The timeline we're in now was created by Trunks traveling to the past again, which caused Zamasu to be erased before he could become Black.

Present Timeline (Black is born) -> Future Timeline (Black enacts his plan, recruiting Future Zamasu as well) -> New Present Timeline (Trunks goes to the past, Zamasu is erased before he becomes Black)
Two: young Mai doesn’t exist in that timeline
As I said, it is the Future timeline. The manga even shows how she gets deaged there, the Pilaf Gang wish for their youth when Bulma summons Shenron to resurrect the others (to stop the androids) and get turned into infants. She then grew up surviving the apocalypse like Trunks did.

I think after some DB threads get concluded, I'll make a thread trying to approve power levels

Many arguments stem from "Cui and Vegeta have a small gap in PL yet Vegeta can easily defeat him???" even tho there are fights even without using PLs and just normal calculations can be said the same, and "Well characters like beginning of Z Goku would be Large Planet level downscaling from Frieza's feat which is highly inconsistent and isn't backed up by feats" even tho characters can still downscale via using PLs as non linear the same way, for example:

Kaio-ken x10 (Kaio-ken is accepted as increasing PLs linearly) Namek Saga Goku has a PL of 900,000 which is above First Form Frieza's PL of 530,000, who destroyed Planet Vegeta - 203.785214866 Ronnatons (Dwarf Star level)
Namek Saga Base Goku - 20.3785214866 Ronnatons (Dwarf Star level)
Saiyan Saga Base Goku is 10x less the strength of his Namek Saga self - 2.03785214866 Ronnatons (Large Planet level)
Beginning of Z Goku is more than 1/20th the strength of his Saiyan Saga self - 101.892607433 Yottatons (Large Planet level)
Piccolo Jr Saga Goku (unweighted) should be comparable to his Beginning of Z self, albeit is weaker, as his Kamehameha can be raised into a Battle Power of 910, which is greater than Beginning of Z Goku's base of 416, and Piccolo Jr can tank it - 101.892607433 Yottatons (Large Planet level)
King Piccolo Saga Goku is more than half the strength of his Piccolo Jr Saga self, King Piccolo is also equal to him - 50.9463037165 Yottatons (Large Planet level)

So you can very easily even get King Piccolo Saga characters up to Large Planet level even by using PLs non-linearly, this is an issue that isn't even about using PLs linearly but just downscaling via multipliers in general, this is an issue that can be discussed another time

I think after some DB threads get concluded, I'll make a thread trying to approve power levels

Many arguments stem from "Cui and Vegeta have a small gap in PL yet Vegeta can easily defeat him???" even tho there are fights even without using PLs and just normal calculations can be said the same, and "Well characters like beginning of Z Goku would be Large Planet level downscaling from Frieza's feat which is highly inconsistent and isn't backed up by feats" even tho characters can still downscale via using PLs as non linear the same way, for example:

Kaio-ken x10 (Kaio-ken is accepted as increasing PLs linearly) Namek Saga Goku has a PL of 900,000 which is above First Form Frieza's PL of 530,000, who destroyed Planet Vegeta - 203.785214866 Ronnatons (Dwarf Star level)
Saiyan Saga Base Goku is 10x less the strength of his Namek Saga self - 2.03785214866 Ronnatons (Large Planet level)
Beginning of Z Goku is more than 1/20th the strength of his Saiyan Saga self - 101.892607433 Yottatons (Large Planet level)
Piccolo Jr Saga Goku (unweighted) should be comparable to his Beginning of Z self, albeit is weaker, as his Kamehameha can be raised into a Battle Power of 910, which is greater than Beginning of Z Goku's base of 416, and Piccolo Jr can tank it - 101.892607433 Yottatons (Large Planet level)
King Piccolo Saga Goku is more than half the strength of his Piccolo Jr Saga self, King Piccolo is also equal to him - 50.9463037165 Yottatons (Large Planet level)

So you can very easily even get King Piccolo Saga characters up to Large Planet level even by using PLs non-linearly, this is an issue that isn't even about using PLs linearly but just downscaling via multipliers in general, this is an issue that can be discussed another time
Yeah, I disagree heavily with large planet level king piccolo Saga characters

Any character before Saiyan Saga being planet level is contradicted by the "you need 10.000 of power to destroy a planet" thing

i mean with Kaioken even 6x would enough to surpass first form freeza, so it would be a little higher than that

I'm not trying to argue for that, I'm saying the downscale from Frieza to King Piccolo Saga characters can still happen even without using PLs as linear, thus using that as evidence against PLs is insufficient and is it's own issue
i mean with Kaioken even 6x would enough to surpass first form freeza, so it would be a little higher than that
This too

Tbh, PLs can sometimes be used as linear, but this only works with the same character
Exactly. And if it's stronger, like, we know that if someone does a planetary feat with 10k PL, someone with 20k PL can do the same. But downscaling? There will be a lot of inconsistency if we try to be linear. I think even the farmer would end up superhuman.

Exactly. And if it's stronger, like, we know that if someone does a planetary feat with 10k PL, someone with 20k PL can do the same. But downscaling? There will be a lot of inconsistency if we try to be linear. I think even the farmer would end up superhuman.
He would, yes. To blow up the moon you simply need to be in the 180-400 range. The farmer is at 5. The Farmer would be like, massively superhuman, under this logic.

Guys you all need new content. You about to have brainrot. Daima coming will be salvation for your souls, because at this point you all writing a thesis on DB scaling.

Back