• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Would have been cool if Death Battle went all the way by using God Fusion Goku and Milkman Man

Goku fuses with his supporters while Milkman Man visits the fight after watching it for a while, so raw!

Last edited:
Why is there seperate threads? The amount of times people decided to talk about SDBH spreads for hundreds of pages... a lil' to late for that now.

I don't recall if this was talked about before but I'm curious about this.

The manga shows what appears to be universes floating atop floating stones as as spheres, like in the anime. But unlike the anime (which also only shows six spheres to my recollection) the manga also shows Zeno playing with the universes as much smaller spheres as chess pieces. And the Zenos state they each have 'five left', meaning they were playing with each of the 12 universe spheres here. And they're minuscule.

So what the hell are those six, relatively, GIANT spheres floating outside of Zeno's palace? The actual macrocosms each have their own colour and unique swirl patterns within them and are, once again, utterly insignificant compared to the other six spheres. In the anime those giant spheres have identical colours and swirls (implying they are identical) whereas the manga depicts them as all the same colour but having unique swirls.

My thought thought is that maybe these are the six destroyed universes but if that's the case, why would there be spheres left? And why would they be so massive compared to the macrocosms? The macrocosms appear to fit in Zeno's palm whereas those six giant spheres appear as large as his head, if not larger.

Does anyone have ideas on what these spheres could mean?

The manga shows what appears to be universes floating atop floating stones as as spheres, like in the anime. But unlike the anime (which also only shows six spheres to my recollection) the manga also shows Zeno playing with the universes as much smaller spheres as chess pieces. And the Zenos state they each have 'five left', meaning they were playing with each of the 12 universe spheres here. And they're minuscule.

So what the hell are those six, relatively, GIANT spheres floating outside of Zeno's palace? The actual macrocosms each have their own colour and unique swirl patterns within them and are, once again, utterly insignificant compared to the other six spheres. In the anime those giant spheres have identical colours and swirls (implying they are identical) whereas the manga depicts them as all the same colour but having unique swirls.

My thought thought is that maybe these are the six destroyed universes but if that's the case, why would there be spheres left? And why would they be so massive compared to the macrocosms? The macrocosms appear to fit in Zeno's palm whereas those six giant spheres appear as large as his head, if not larger.

What if......it is only decoration?

Possibly the dimension Zen'ō is in is above 4D or something like that

Anything? That's just decoration.

Since you can get to Zeno's planet by flying (with a little dimensional travel)

Those are not literal universes, otherwise anyone who can go to Zeno's palace would for some reason become giants.

EDIT: The most you could say about the chess thing, etc., is that Zeno can control/project himself big to manipulate the universes. Like he did with the anime using planets.

Flying? Whis has dimensional travel, we have discussed this in the past, that place there is outside the 12 Universes, said in a special manga guide

No being that does not have dimensional travel can reach a place like this

What if......it is only decoration?
I doubt that but I can't objectively say it isn't decorative. I just don't see such an obvious detail being present while also being...just decorative. The similarities with the universe spheres seems intentional and we've seen the universe spheres outside of the chess pieces beforehand and they have clear similarities.

Anything? That's just decoration.

Where is this depicted in the anime or manga? I only recall people reaching the realm via dimensional travel or teleportation. The one instance I can think of is DBH Goku being stated to have flown there but DBH Goku also has immeasurable speed.
Those are not literal universes, otherwise anyone who can go to Zeno's palace would for some reason become giants.
That's not especially uncommon in fiction.
EDIT: The most you could say about the chess thing, etc., is that Zeno can control/project himself big to manipulate the universes. Like he did with the anime using planets.
I'm less concerned about the chess pieces and more concerned about the pillar spheres that seem to each depict a cosmos, yet there are only six of them and they differ from the contents of other universes. They lack the same colors or same swirls of the universe spheres as depicted in the chess pieces or in the explanations of the multiverse by Whis in the anime and manga alike.

They seem distinct from the depicted 12 Universes yet are similar in composition as spheres that appear to contain cosmic bodies. That stands out to me as strange.

To clarify, I'm not trying to cook some sort of revision here. It's just speculation about the cosmology.

Last edited:
Can someone help me? In Dragon Ball Super Super Hero movie at the exact moment 14:20 is us telling Pan to focus we think to control ki (in my translation it is this), in English it is desire, can anyone see if in Japanese it is thoughts or desires?

Can someone help me? In Dragon Ball Super Super Hero movie at the exact moment 14:20 is us telling Pan to focus we think to control ki (in my translation it is this), in English it is desire, can anyone see if in Japanese it is thoughts or desires?
In the DBS Manga, Piccolo states Pan cannot force her Ki out, she must 'will it' to control it. Original Japanese. So perhaps drop the Japanese version in the translations thread and see what they have to say?

I doubt that but I can't objectively say it isn't decorative. I just don't see such an obvious detail being present while also being...just decorative. The similarities with the universe spheres seems intentional and we've seen the universe spheres outside of the chess pieces beforehand and they have clear similarities.

Where is this depicted in the anime or manga? I only recall people reaching the realm via dimensional travel or teleportation. The one instance I can think of is DBH Goku being stated to have flown there but DBH Goku also has immeasurable speed.

That's not especially uncommon in fiction.

I'm less concerned about the chess pieces and more concerned about the pillar spheres that seem to each depict a cosmos, yet there are only six of them and they differ from the contents of other universes. They lack the same colors or same swirls of the universe spheres as depicted in the chess pieces or in the explanations of the multiverse by Whis in the anime and manga alike.

They seem distinct from the depicted 12 Universes yet are similar in composition as spheres that appear to contain cosmic bodies. That stands out to me as strange.

To clarify, I'm not trying to cook some sort of revision here. It's just speculation about the cosmology.
What do you think it is? A some type of space-time continuum or what?

I'm more inclined to thought it is a decorative and nothing more. But, I could be wrong.

What do you think it is? A some type of space-time continuum or what?

I'm more inclined to thought it is a decorative and nothing more. But, I could be wrong.
A few possibilities:
  1. Those are the true universes and the depictions with colors or as chess pieces are just for visuals or decoration. However we only see six of them.
  2. These are somehow related to the six destroyed universes (as there are specifically six)
  3. In relation to the second option, perhaps these are infant universes being developed after Universes 13-18 were destroyed?
  4. They are realms of higher order than the 12 Universes that we haven't even seen yet, possibly being transcendent of them but still below the Zeno Realm
  5. They are other multiverses
My personal guess is 3, that they are new universes being developed after 13-18 were destroyed. It lines up with the specific number (6 universes destroyed, 6 spheres in Zeno's Realm).

A few possibilities:
  1. Those are the true universes and the depictions with colors or as chess pieces are just for visuals or decoration. However we only see six of them.
  2. These are somehow related to the six destroyed universes (as there are specifically six)
  3. In relation to the second option, perhaps these are infant universes being developed after Universes 13-18 were destroyed?
  4. They are realms of higher order than the 12 Universes that we haven't even seen yet, possibly being transcendent of them but still below the Zeno Realm
My personal guess is 3, that they are new universes being developed after 13-18 were destroyed. It lines up with the specific number (6 universes destroyed, 6 spheres in Zeno's Realm).
That's a cool theory, ngl. I'm more inclined to belive its either the third or fourth option.

If the answer is the third, then we know how the Macrocosm in Dragon Ball was made and produced.

If the answer is the fourth, then Zen'ō realm transcended everything in the Macrocosm along with the Subspace and Neutral Space.

Last edited:
6 - they are just aesthetic objects that represent the universes since both the pillars and the chess versions were never indicated or referred to as actually being universes or anything like that.

That's a cool theory, ngl. I'm more inclined to belive its either the third or fourth option.

If the answer is the three, then we know how the Macrocosm in Dragon Ball was made and produced.

If the answer is the fourth, then Zen'ō realm transcended everything in the Macrocosm along with the Subspace and Neutral Space.
If they are infant universes then it seems logical to assume the floating stones they are above are somehow related to how the universes are created. Perhaps Zeno and the Grand Priest didn't create the universes themselves, perhaps those stones are somehow capable of doing it.

Another attribute of the Zeno Realm I find interesting is how, inside Zeno's palace, you can see pillars reaching up into the 'sky' (where we see planets and seemingly stars) which evokes the feeling that these pillars are holding up creation. It reminds me a bit of the biblical firmament, which holds up the stars.

6 - they are just aesthetic objects that represent the universes since both the pillars and the chess versions were never indicated or referred to as actually being universes or anything like that.
Bruh I'm just speculating about things in the Zeno Realm. I already agreed that they could be purely aesthetic and that I can't prove otherwise.

If they are infant universes then it seems logical to assume the floating stones they are above are somehow related to how the universes are created. Perhaps Zeno and the Grand Priest didn't create the universes themselves, perhaps those stones are somehow capable of doing it.

Another attribute of the Zeno Realm I find interesting is how, inside Zeno's palace, you can see pillars reaching up into the 'sky' (where we see planets and seemingly stars) which evokes the feeling that these pillars are holding up creation. It reminds me a bit of the biblical firmament, which holds up the stars.

Bruh I'm just speculating about things in the Zeno Realm. I already agreed that they could be purely aesthetic and that I can't prove otherwise.
That could be the case. It would be cool though if the stones somehow created and nurtured the new infant Universe before they get released tp the Neutral Space aka the wild.

But if the stones created the Universe, who created the stones?

technically, there's no proof that it's a decorative either wwwwww

But if the stones created the Universe, who created the stones?
Zeno's daddy who will introduce the Super Multiverse for Dragon Ball Super Duper.
technically, there's no proof that it's a decorative either wwwwww
That's also true. There's nothing saying one way or the other. If it were confirmed to be decorative we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I just think there are some cool possibilities here. Like maybe the Zeno Realm is hinting at things that will be revealed properly later. And even if not, it's still just nice to admire the design and contemplating what went through Toriyama and Toyotaro's minds when they drew it this way.

Zeno's daddy who will introduce the Super Multiverse for Dragon Ball Super Duper.

That's also true. There's nothing saying one way or the other. If it were confirmed to be decorative we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I just think there are some cool possibilities here. Like maybe the Zeno Realm is hinting at things that will be revealed properly later. And even if not, it's still just nice to admire the design and contemplating what went through Toriyama and Toyotaro's minds when they drew it this way.
I'll send my job application to Toei when I'm finally goes to work in Japan. I will supervise the release of guidebook and stated everything is canon and expand Dragon Ball cosmology to massive degree.

Back